futurellama

Muse to use newly invented percussion instrument?

i was just gonna say that :LOL:

You people clearly haven't heard of sarcasm. I was trying to make a point that you two obviously missed.

You people clearly haven't heard of sarcasm. I was trying to make a point that you two obviously missed.

:wtf: My post was sarcastic too you know? That's why I added the ":LOL:" and the ":p"

:wtf: My post was sarcastic too you know? That's why I added the ":LOL:" and the ":p"

Well, sorry for not understanding sarcasm that doesn't have a point.

And in what way does those two smileys show sarcasm? They could just as easily be used in a "non-sarcastic" way.

And in what way does those two smileys show sarcasm? They could just as easily be used in a "non-sarcastic" way.

Well, had I not used the smileys, my post would've seemed serious, thus the use of the emoticons highlights the non-seriousness (sarcasm) of my post. Or something... :p

Someone needs to take a chill pill, methinks. :rolleyes:

Ex-Manchester United man moves into music.

Former Manchester United and England footballer Dion Dublin's first musical instrument, The Dube, has been praised by the likes of Muse.

The percussion instrument, which you can watch being used by scrolling down now, has been endorsed by the likes of Tim Westwood, Feeder and Muse's sound technician Mark Carolan, who told Thedube.com he'd been using the device with the Devon band.

"I've been testing The Dube with Muse and Dion's done a fantastic job developing it – [it] truly is a complete instrument, so versatile," Carolan explained.

Dublin, who also played for Coventry City and Aston Villa, among others, retired from professional football in 2008.

The Dube is available in several different sizes. See Thedube.com for more information on the instrument.

Watch footage of Dublin using The Dube below.

LINK

gh3XS3dXQ7E

Whats up with them finding really odd percussion instruments lately? This one seems more unnecessary than the other box they were looking into.

Isn't it the same box, though? :erm:

This one is definitely different. The other one you could actually do cool things with, and hook it up to a drum set. This just looks obnoxious.

Why does nobody make a big deal out of it when I try to praise a box? :(

edit: That woman in the video is funny.

This is one of the most ridiculous instruments I've ever seen. :facepalm: They're just slapping a box. :LOL:

Edited by a-museing

This one is definitely different. The other one you could actually do cool things with, and hook it up to a drum set. This just looks obnoxious.

Oh, I wasn't really paying attention. :p

Btw, what was it they used a hang drum for? Now THOSE things are awesome.

^Yeah, the website doesn't really make clear the advantage of getting a "dube" over a regular cajón. Right now, I just think the creator is capitalizing on the fact that most people don't know what a cajón is and he's trying to make his instrument seem revolutionary. Silly hype. It's just a cube-y cajon. I think the cube shape actually makes it uncomfortable to be played while sitting on top of it, which limits you from manipulating the instrument with your feet. How lame.

Either way, you can do a lot of cool stuff with cajón. It's not just a box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J3FmmKdZUw

Edited by alyssa_