Changing delay time in between songs

daveno1

looping vocals sounds fun!

Yeh are the switches board-mounted? That would explain half the problems and would be a pretty easy fix.

Yea they are. The easy fix is to just get different momentary switches and run a couple leads to the board instead. Pretty much fixes any issues.

problem is you'd usually put a delay pedal last in the chain, though in the guitar itd probs be first.

Sometimes I really like having a delay before phaser...a la Mike Einziger of Incubus in a few songs (Warning for example). I don't think I'd want it in a guitar...but still.

I don't necessarily want delay at the start of my chain, but having the controls built into the guitar would be great. A little tap tempo button on your top horn for starters.

Yea they are. The easy fix is to just get different momentary switches and run a couple leads to the board instead. Pretty much fixes any issues.

yeh i've done the same thing with my zoom pedal.

Delay before distortion can be really cool.

+1 I really like the way the notes all kind of blend together which allows for some pretty cool ambient sounding stuff. Although delay in an effects loop is generally a little more useable.

As for having a delay built into a guitar. that would be utterly pointless, especially having a tap tempo button ON the guitar because you wouldnt actually be able to play properly AND tap the tempo button...

it takes 2 seconds to tap the tempo. I'd like it anyway.

I suppose in terms of doing glitchy time changes it might be pretty cool, but in terms of being able to practically tap out the tempo of a song, pre or mid song, which would require more than two taps, it's useless.

Even then though, why fix what isn't broken and tap with your feet?

my idea was to have a tap tempo button, a button to trigger the input, and a knob for feedback. I thought it'd be fun. I prefer a tap tempo button to a rate knob (unless i'm just making weird sounds). The main point of the whole thing was to have a delay that was constantly "on" but to just feed it from my guitar whenever I wanted by pressing a button.

Archived