How can you assume that Alex bloke isnt a fan? If I entered I'd prolly whore out my website and use it as a platform to show my work too. The design is a bit cack though, non-related to muse. And if the rules didnt state that you couldnt enter to the other radio stations, whats the problem?

There's a little description/why do you like Muse area on the NY one and his only had a passing mention of Muse and how his gf was a bigger fan than he was and he was only making it for her. I can understand throwing your website up there at the end, but he literally copied and pasted all his info a solid 10+ times, and I'm not even exaggerating. There was all kinds of copyright info and whatnot. He just didn't come across as genuine. Plus it's a Muse contest so when we don't win we automatically attack people that do :LOL: Lord knows my fandom was attacked for the myspace competition.

And as far as the multiple station thing goes, I'm fine with people submitting to more than one, but when they start winning for the same design at multiple stations it's stupid. Since there isn't a rule against submitting to more than one station, the stations themselves should check to make sure someone doesn't win at more than one station.

:LOL:

Class. And yeah, it was La Boca. Not sure why they haven't put it up either, especially considering they won awards for it.

Thanks for the Dallas info! I haven't made up my mind on anything, but it's something to think about. If you aren't fussed about legit copies of Maya and Zbrush, they're pretty easy to find through torrent sites (otherwise they'll be unbelievably expensive).

Not reply to this post but to you...I want your T-shirt.....

http://purerock96.com/ROCKHEADS/MuseNuse/tabid/1391/Default.aspx

One at the bottom is the twilight cover...I hope that was a joke...

Yeah that Twilight one at the bottom was done by a friend. It says 'Team Bellamy' and has the Twilight cover with the hands outstretched holding the apple but they have pen traced veins on the arms :LOL: twas def a joke

Thanks for all of the compliments and support everyone!

P.S. - I may want a print of that design on a tee even if you don't win. Let's make it happen.

We'll see how it goes with the contest first ;) By the way, I saw your Myspace interview back when it was posted, really cool! I thought it was a bit funny that they were lounging on a comfortable couch though and gave you a foldout chair :p Did you get any extra time besides the interview to chat with them?

Did the NY station ever post their finalists? I am quite sure I didn't make it, since I didn't get an e-mail, but I was curious about who did make it, and if any were the duplicate entries I saw winning elsewhere.

Mine was the head with the MK Ultra Lyrics running around it.

Muse-YourMindsAobuttoFall-White2b.jpg

Muse-YourMindsAobuttoFall-Black2b.jpg

I've lost all hope of this contest making any sense. I just hope that Alex guy doesn't win bc his design is shit and he's won too many times and I need someone to direct my rage about this contest being a complete clusterfuck towards.

Couture, if my friend's entry doesn't make it, then you sir have my vote.

P.S. - I may want a print of that design on a tee even if you don't win. Let's make it happen.

+1 to all that! Couture's design is wicked, I'd love that as a t-shirt, regardless if it wins or not (although I think it's a strong contender) :D. I'm surprised by a few of the others that have made it to the final 5 in the radio stations' top picks... some just don't seem Musey enough, tbh.

Anyways, I don't think the Alex dude should win the top prize mainly cos his design isn't all that... how many times has he won tickets to Muse shows?

And is there a date for when the top prize will be announced? I wanna know which one wins!

PS - that MK design above is pretty cool :happy:

We'll see how it goes with the contest first ;) By the way, I saw your Myspace interview back when it was posted, really cool! I thought it was a bit funny that they were lounging on a comfortable couch though and gave you a foldout chair :p Did you get any extra time besides the interview to chat with them?

:LOL: yeah I wanted a nice comfy ass chair but alas, I'm not an international rock star. They just give us commoners folding chairs. There was just the interview, but it ran a lot longer than what they aired online. There were a few more colorful bits they kept out for some reason. But it was a rather amazing experience.

Also that MK Ultra brain design a few posts above is rather badass as well. I especially like the black one. Also MKU is my shit, so I may be a bit biased.

I just hope that a hardcore Muser wins. Obviously I'll be voting/rooting for my friend, but as long as it's someone who's really into Muse and will flip their shit to meet them, then I'll be happy. There was an interview a while back with someone who clearly didn't know much about the band and it was awkward.

I am curious as to why people are winning with submissions of actual drawings...those cant be put on shirts via silk screen they need to be digitized first. I dont understand how these winners are decided...I dont think that drawings should be involved...

Stiff competition for NYC. :eek:

I changed my design about 4 days before the deadline...

Then wound up in the @#$% hospital all day Thursday.

Got it in by midnight, couldn't scan it, vector it...nothing! :mad:

At least I did it! Good Luck guys! :-D

I don't see me winning, but...

Not everyone has access to Photoshop. That's why.

Did the NY station ever post their finalists? I am quite sure I didn't make it, since I didn't get an e-mail, but I was curious about who did make it, and if any were the duplicate entries I saw winning elsewhere.

Mine was the head with the MK Ultra Lyrics running around it.

Muse-YourMindsAobuttoFall-White2b.jpg

Muse-YourMindsAobuttoFall-Black2b.jpg

Usually these things at least give you a "sorry you didn't make it" type email, no? :erm: btw, I was a fan of yours, too. :)

Usually these things at least give you a "sorry you didn't make it" type email, no? :erm: btw, I was a fan of yours, too. :)

Thanks, Tofu!

The NY site didn't do anything but e-mail the 5 finalists, I'm guessing. They didn't put up who won (all the contestant entries are still up there). I don't even remember getting an e-mail that confirmed my submission. Heck, when I submitted the close ups of my design, I wasn't even sure it went through, because they didn't post anything for several days.

I did see the same three "we submitted to every station" contestants in the submissions, and I'm really hoping they weren't among the finalists. There was some really, really strong artwork in the NY station, so I'm hoping some of the more deserving got picked. Seriously, when some of the artwork came in, on the site, I was like, "Woah! VERY Nice...oh well" :LOL:

:LOL: yeah I wanted a nice comfy ass chair but alas, I'm not an international rock star. They just give us commoners folding chairs. There was just the interview, but it ran a lot longer than what they aired online. There were a few more colorful bits they kept out for some reason. But it was a rather amazing experience.

Also that MK Ultra brain design a few posts above is rather badass as well. I especially like the black one. Also MKU is my shit, so I may be a bit biased.

Thanks, Matt! MK Ultra is one of my favorite songs on the new album, so I knew I had to do something related to the song.

Great interview, btw!

^^ Loved yours! I honestly would love that on shirt, along with a few others.

I'll be honest I hate the fine print on this contest.

But,I intend to re-work my design and make a custom T for myself.

Is that tacky?:$

Thanks, dragonfly!

And not, tacky at all if you ask me! I am thinking about making my t-shirt. Call it a consolation prize. :LOL:

I agree - definitely not tacky! In fact, my hubby will be doing the same thing! Hey, we all made some awesome shirts, we should be allowed to wear them with pride!

No! It's not tacky.

Heck, I'm making my own too. Since the judges seemed to have overlooked mine in my city. I really want to say something about it to Muse. If I get the chance to I will tell them about how some people cheated. Especially that Alex Sheldon fool. But mostly I blame the stations for not checking their finalists and comparing it with the other stations. Dummies!

But go ahead make your own. As long as you don't sell it you're fine.

I'm making mine for the concert next week...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XBOrI89Oe34/TJHtzSZI9jI/AAAAAAAAADo/qd7wh7AYlP8/s1600/Celeste%27s+Design+Muse+contest.jpg

The NY site didn't do anything but e-mail the 5 finalists, I'm guessing. They didn't put up who won (all the contestant entries are still up there).

so....are you saying they chose the finalists already ? or are you just guessing ? dunno, RXP seems like the kind of site that would post something like that, ya know ? but then again, I'M just guessing, too...

so....are you saying they chose the finalists already ? or are you just guessing ? dunno, RXP seems like the kind of site that would post something like that, ya know ? but then again, I'M just guessing, too...

I'm guessing, but that's because on the 11th, they put the little blurb up that said the contest was over and winners would be contacted shortly. Perhaps they're still choosing, but I kind of suspect they've made their decisions already. We'll see. Maybe I'm wrong. :-)

Archived