haha there is always something in every competition..

the same happened with the myspace get close with muse, matt i remmembered you showed the cds or books or something with the logo and the rules said we coudnt

so i think they do the rules so there is more control but if someone does break them they dont care...

Hi,

I called the guy who was in charge with picking the winners. His name is Adam Martinez. I called him today and told him about this Alex Sheldon guy and this person who was also chosen as a semi-finalist for the Sacramento station. He didn't call me. He didn't even email me. Either A.) He's gotten a lot people calling in complaining about this situation. or B.) He was not in his office. Or C.) He is just simply ignoring me.

I went straight to the program directer. If the man with the umbrella was Matt from the gig in France where he stepped out on stage with the clear plastic ensemble I would have loved it.

I went straight to the program directer. If the man with the umbrella was Matt from the gig in France where he stepped out on stage with the clear plastic ensemble I would have loved it.

What did the program director tell you? Any good news? Like maybe they will disqualify two of their finalists. After all, they are winners in two other stations.

I think I will call the program director myself tomorrow morning. That way they know you're not the only one upset at this. Something has to be done. Thanks for the info.

Thanks! Another labor of love haha. I see you're in Dallas? There's a film VFX studio there called ReelFX that recently offered me a full-time 3D artist position. I'm supposed to be flying down there sometime within the next month to meet them and check it out... I'm just not sure about Dallas (no offense) :erm:

haha dude Dallas is awesome! i'm not from dallas, i moved here from Houston after a graduated. I guess its one of those things where it depends who your with, your friends and where you live.. but if your coming from New York.. that's a different story i guess..

That's awesome about the 3d artist position, i am actually looking into taking some 3d classes or finding a copy of maya/z-brush somewhere since i'm building up a portfolio for a concept artist position in a video game company.. something ive always wanted to do! :D

this t-shirt contest has drug on too long! jeez.. can muse post something at least on twitter saying "yo mates! were working on it!"

That was yours? :awesome: I looove it.

yeah! thanks! :D it was a vision i had when i was brainstorming ideas.. it might of even come to me in a dream :LOL: i just had in mind of what Matt Bellamy would like.. something epic in nature with some odd 'Pink Floyd' / 'la Boca' type of imagery that symbolizes their journey from the beginning (bottom of the design) and how it grows bigger (to the top of the design) symbolizing how wildly popular they have become, elevated on this geometric structure surrounding the planet, rocking out on their world tour! :eek:

was i high, you ask? not sure..possibly.. the world will never know.. :p

the artist reference i made above of 'La Boca' i believe are the guys who made their current Resistance artwork.. maybe.. i would think if they made it they would put it on their site for bragging rights?.. but it def looks like their work! link to site-

http://www.laboca.co.uk/LB3site/portfolio_SHOUT.html

Why is 1019rxp taking so long. This is so nervewracking.

probably because Alex Sheldon won all the 5 spots and they are scratching their heads saying..."Hmm...there's something strange about this. Oh well...he can win again for the 9 millionth time"

By the way, does anybody know Sacramento's 94.7 contact number? I want to call them. But I can't find their phone number anywhere on the site. If you do I would appreciate it. Thanks!

it might of even come to me in a dream :LOL:

:LOL:

Class. And yeah, it was La Boca. Not sure why they haven't put it up either, especially considering they won awards for it.

Thanks for the Dallas info! I haven't made up my mind on anything, but it's something to think about. If you aren't fussed about legit copies of Maya and Zbrush, they're pretty easy to find through torrent sites (otherwise they'll be unbelievably expensive).

I made it into the San Diego finals ('We Are The Universe" design)

:D ^^

I only submitted to NY because the runner-up gets tickets to a show, but not free travel. Just in case the show you win is the same state as the radio station, I'd be able to get there. (This was back when I thought I had a chance.)

I've lost all hope of this contest making any sense. I just hope that Alex guy doesn't win bc his design is shit and he's won too many times and I need someone to direct my rage about this contest being a complete clusterfuck towards.

Couture, if my friend's entry doesn't make it, then you sir have my vote.

P.S. - I may want a print of that design on a tee even if you don't win. Let's make it happen.

How can you assume that Alex bloke isnt a fan? If I entered I'd prolly whore out my website and use it as a platform to show my work too. The design is a bit cack though, non-related to muse. And if the rules didnt state that you couldnt enter to the other radio stations, whats the problem?

How can you assume that Alex bloke isnt a fan? If I entered I'd prolly whore out my website and use it as a platform to show my work too. The design is a bit cack though, non-related to muse. And if the rules didnt state that you couldnt enter to the other radio stations, whats the problem?

Which one is Alex's? :unsure: ... I can't be bothered to sift through and find his post/entries, lol.

Archived