Man.. am guilty about not reading the rules entirely.. its like 6 pages! lol i was just to excited to design something. i entered to the NY station b/c they didn't have a Texas station and the website looked more legit, you could enter 5 images and have a description etc etc.. but i wonder if i did get picked if i could switch it out for a Oklahoma show? hmm

i guess why i didn't really pay attention to the local stuff is that i was aiming for the grand prize! :D and they fly you out.. so i wouldn't worry about money etc etc.. (dallas to NY.. maybe like a $4-500 flight) :facepalm:

i too had to put my freelance design stuff on the side for this.. i made a muse shuffle playlist off all my albums, b-sides, instrumentals, re-mixes, orchestra covers etc.. and got creative! i love Muse.. always an inspiration.. a distinctive touch that i love about their music is all the sound effects and the arpeggios! that's why i love the instrumentals especially songs like 'Bliss' & 'Stockholm Syndrome' etc.. (puts me in a trance) or even the 3 piece symphony on resistance.. so good! :happy:

anyway.. my design is on the NY station, i think on the 8th page named 'Museology' :D

Your design is awesome!

I hope it gets picked along with mine. ;)

thanks man! BTW nice website! that video is sick! :) visuals flow nicely with the audio!

Thanks! Another labor of love haha. I see you're in Dallas? There's a film VFX studio there called ReelFX that recently offered me a full-time 3D artist position. I'm supposed to be flying down there sometime within the next month to meet them and check it out... I'm just not sure about Dallas (no offense) :erm:

seems that with every radio station that releases their winners it gets more and more hectic. :stunned: one thing I have to admit though is that at least the designs they are choosing are of much better quality than I have seen for the first few radio stations that announced theie winners. we might get a decent design yet :chuckle: I really want to see the NY winners though, some of those designs are awesome :D

omg, just got an email from the denver radio station my heart dropped!!!

but it was just a reply from the one i send asking about the contest,

they said they submitted the 5 finalists to muse and they are waiting on them to choose a winner...

looks like its gonna take forever .... they didnt say anything about who are the finalists :(

they said they submitted the 5 finalists to muse and they are waiting on them to choose a winner...

:(

You know...that just makes my stomach turn. Because we all know that at least 2 of the finalists from those stations are already finalists in other cities. So now Muse is going to see them and won't be able to see the other cool ones that other fans submitted.

Ughhh....I hate this.

You know...that just makes my stomach turn. Because we all know that at least 2 of the finalists from those stations are already finalists in other cities. So now Muse is going to see them and won't be able to see the other cool ones that other fans submitted.

Ughhh....I hate this.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think at worst, they would just pick said entries for one city. At best, they'll see that it was submitted multiple times and not choose it. They may not even like it at all and not choose it for any city.

Man.. am guilty about not reading the rules entirely.. its like 6 pages! lol i was just to excited to design something. i entered to the NY station b/c they didn't have a Texas station and the website looked more legit, you could enter 5 images and have a description etc etc.. but i wonder if i did get picked if i could switch it out for a Oklahoma show? hmm

i guess why i didn't really pay attention to the local stuff is that i was aiming for the grand prize! :D and they fly you out.. so i wouldn't worry about money etc etc.. (dallas to NY.. maybe like a $4-500 flight) :facepalm:

i too had to put my freelance design stuff on the side for this.. i made a muse shuffle playlist off all my albums, b-sides, instrumentals, re-mixes, orchestra covers etc.. and got creative! i love Muse.. always an inspiration.. a distinctive touch that i love about their music is all the sound effects and the arpeggios! that's why i love the instrumentals especially songs like 'Bliss' & 'Stockholm Syndrome' etc.. (puts me in a trance) or even the 3 piece symphony on resistance.. so good! :happy:

anyway.. my design is on the NY station, i think on the 8th page named 'Museology' :D

when i first looked your design i was just like holy shit that's amazing! and then i started crying because i realized i was not going to meet muse...but anyway i really love your design and if for some reason you don't win i think you should sell it anyway because i would love to wear that shirt!

This is what happens when a contest like this gets handled by the radio stations. The great example is Alex Sheldon and his generic design that is nothing to do with Muse. :rolleyes: I'm not upset that my entry didn't get selected, but obviously the San Diego radio station has no clue how to identify designs that only devoted Muse fans can create. Very disappointed in my station.

What station did this guy win? I need to write to FM949.

The radio station in Albuquerque never posted any entries -- I just got an email saying that I was a semifinalist, so I don't know if the multi-entering monster won in our market. I do think it's unfair to those who may have otherwise gotten in. I'm wondering if all this mess has something to do with why it's taking so long to post finalists -- maybe they're trying to figure out what to do with this guy.

Obviously.

I hope you know that my post was intended to the finalist. It's clear you love the band by the way you used the towers and we are the universe phrase, and most all, I think your design aligns with the styles of the past and current band merch.

Alex Sheldon's design would have been thrown out at the very beginning if all entries, or even semi-finalists' entries were reviewed by the band.

EDIT: Oh wait... I misunderstood the result. I thought the radio station selected one winner from 5 since one of them was larger than the rest. :$ So, all 5 of them will be sent to the band for the next round of elimination.

This is what happens when a contest like this gets handled by the radio stations. The great example is Alex Sheldon and his generic design that is nothing to do with Muse. :rolleyes: I'm not upset that my entry didn't get selected, but obviously the San Diego radio station has no clue how to identify designs that only devoted Muse fans can create. Very disappointed in my station.

What station did this guy win? I need to write to FM949.

Hi,

I called the guy who was in charge with picking the winners. His name is Adam Martinez. I called him today and told him about this Alex Sheldon guy and this person who was also chosen as a semi-finalist for the Sacramento station. He didn't call me. He didn't even email me. Either A.) He's gotten a lot people calling in complaining about this situation. or B.) He was not in his office. Or C.) He is just simply ignoring me.

Either way, I'm not going to stop bugging him. If he doesn't do anything about it, I'll just go to somebody else.

I hope that somebody tells Muse about this. As you said, it's not fair for the real fans to be left off of having their design chosen. Instead another finalist spot goes to someone like Alex Sheldon, who probably can care less about Muse. :noey:

And you're right. The design doesn't really have anything to do with Muse. A man with an umbrella? :rolleyes:

By the way...I found this online yesterday. I was searching through photo images.

http://fotos.sapo.pt/tPtIP4EnhB3MZLhORhow/

http://shirtspotting.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/howies_alwaysinbeta_hi-res7.jpg

Put both images together. Complete the circle. Insert a picture of a man with an umbrella. Add an image of a tree in the far right corner. What does it remind you of?

Archived