Yeah, the guy's name is Alex and he submitted to all of them, I think. He's a professional. and if it's been chosen by more than one radio station already, that's not fair to other people. I think people should have been allowed to submit to more than one, but they should only have one chance to win. Professional entries are really taking away from the people who tried really hard on their designs.

That person should be disqualified. He broke the rules.

I read his explanation on why he designed the t-shirt. He said that his girlfriend is a fan of Muse and insisted he enter it. He's probably not even a Muse fan. Well I assume he's not from the loooong ass summary he gave about his design. You're right he is a graphic designer. It's a little unfair of him to do this to the other Muse fans who tried really hard.

well he might win the local one, but WE are the ones voting, so obviously if we dont think he deserves it , then we wont vote for him

i dont like it that much anyways

:LOL: True.

In the end the real Muse fans will decide the winner. We'll just kick his to the side. Hehe.

Oh and his design is pretty cool but the more I hear how he submitted it to all the stations the less I like it.

Yep.

They should call it the Contest with No Rules

Contest with No Rules Rules: Submit your entry 9 million times if you want to. And you can even break the rules and we won't care. If we like your design we'll still pick yours even though other fans followed the rules. Even if you live in Antarctica and want to submit your design for the New York radio station go ahead. We'll just ignore the other 200 entries we received from NY residents.

:LOL: We should have known - this was Muse's contest, so the rules were made to be broken! But we all win, 'cause we get another leg of the tour! :musesign:

And here's mine, btw, I have no idea why I forgot to put the name of the band in the design:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/R4eluuDrAe2-Q9O3_OvUZA?feat=directlink

Yeah that guy said in his description that he's a pro and whored out his email/website info literally 10+ times. Though it is a cool shirt, it's kinda bullshit if he's A) not really a fan; and B) just doing it to get his name out there.

He's already won the local Cincinnati one so it's safe to assume it won't win anymore. If it does I will rage :LOL:

He did win in San Diego as well! He needs to be disqualified!!!

So San Diego has their finalists up already....notice something weird?

http://www.fm949sd.com/photopages/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=107157

Yep! Two of the finalists are already finalists in Sacramento and Cincinnati. Alex Sheldon won this one too. :mad:

I'm calling the radio station tomorrow and I'm going to talk to promotions. It's not fair!

I thought I had a good chance of making it as a finalist. But with cheaters Alex, Melody and Christopher Hernandez I guess I can forget about that.

This design was already picked at 2 different radio stations, and it's been submitted to a bunch of others.

1_color-black_mockup.jpg

:noey:

I personally don't mind if people submit completely different designs to each station, but why submit the same?

That's not even a good design, to be honest.

It's not unique to Muse at all. He could slap "Coldplay" onto the middle and it would still fit. Looks more like a generic band tee than anything. One of Muse's strengths is their bomb ass logo--Fruitiger font with the over- and underline. Personally I think it's a huge mistake not to incorporate it into the design.

And puhleese--circles, trees and paint splatters? How cliche. Graphic designers whore those out way too much. The only way I'd wear such a crappy shirt would be inside-out.

/bitter

Normally I wouldn't be this harsh with my critique, but he's a "professional" so he's going to get my "professional" ass-chewing.

Okay, bedtime.

Yep! Two of the finalists are already finalists in Sacramento and Cincinnati. Alex Sheldon won this one too. :mad:

I'm calling the radio station tomorrow and I'm going to talk to promotions. It's not fair!

I thought I had a good chance of making it as a finalist. But with cheaters Alex, Melody and Christopher Hernandez I guess I can forget about that.

Now, that's just ridiculous. Another reason why .mu should have run it themselves and NOT the individual stations- the stations should have at least conferred with each other to prevent the same person winning multiple times ! Let's all not vote for him if he wins. If his girlfriend wanted to win so badly, she should have entered herself.

Professional entries are really taking away from the people who tried really hard on their designs.

Just because someone is a professional doesn't mean they didn't try hard. Also, just because they are professional doesn't necessarily make them any less of a fan.

I'm not a fan of what Alex did by submitting to every city, and it looks like he made it through to the semi-finals of most of them. The band is the next step everyone has to pass through though, and if it's breaking any rules then the band (or their management, whoever actually views them) will disqualify it. I'm guessing that it's more then likely going to make it through to the finals, so the simple solution to that is to just not vote for it if you're upset. Submitting to another city was NOT against the rules though. When I was about to submit to NY I noticed that they only had a 1Mb file limit which is ridiculous for a 14" 300DPI image. I unsuccessfully tried to contact RXP about it so I ended up calling San Diego, and they said it was perfectly fine that I submit to their station instead.

I made it into the San Diego finals ('We Are The Universe" design), and it looks like there are a ton of great entries across the board, so it will be interesting to see who makes it through the next round :)

That's utter bullshit. I'm more pissed off at the radio stations than anything. They didn't even bother to look at the other stations winners? So now what, this guy Alex just wins shitloads of tickets now while everybody else is just screwed out of the contest? What an utter clusterfuck this turned out to be. I don't blame the guy for submitting to more than one station, but it's kind of obvious he was pushing his graphic design career more than his love of the band. I do blame the radio station for not even bothering to look at other winners so there aren't repeat winners.

Submit more than once, fair enough, but you should only be allowed to be a finalist to ONE station.

I made it into the San Diego finals ('We Are The Universe" design), and it looks like there are a ton of great entries across the board, so it will be interesting to see who makes it through the next round :)

Gotta admit dude, your design is BADASS. The hexagons, the towers, Matt shooting the lasers, We Are The Universe lyrics....very very very nice. Seems like you're a genuine fan too. I'd buy that shirt in a heartbeat. I actually kinda want it regardless if it wins or not :LOL:

Rules said: "One entry per person per email address" These entries would have had to have been entered under different names and addresses. Since the names are the same, he should be disqualified. Completely ridiculous that the stations didn't check to see if they had the same names or email addresses. They didn't follow their own rules. Hopefully whomever is picking on the MUSE side will disqualify the people who didn't follow the rules. The shirt that has been picked 3 times looks like a scene from the Lemeny Snicket movie or something. It is not original. That should also disqualify it. We should bombard the stations and MUSE with complaints:mad: Only one or two stations said you had to be a resident of the state. My state didn't have a station so I entered the closest state to me which was Ohio. I hate being the one who follows the rules yet still has to learn the lesson "Life isn't fair" over and over and over and over again. :(

Gotta admit dude, your design is BADASS. The hexagons, the towers, Matt shooting the lasers, We Are The Universe lyrics....very very very nice. Seems like you're a genuine fan too. I'd buy that shirt in a heartbeat. I actually kinda want it regardless if it wins or not :LOL:

Thanks man! It was my labor of love for a week straight leading up until catching my flight for Wembley :LOL: I ended up suspending freelance contracts for the whole week just to work on it and threw in 3 all-nighters for finishing touches:p

That person should be disqualified. He broke the rules.

I read his explanation on why he designed the t-shirt. He said that his girlfriend is a fan of Muse and insisted he enter it. He's probably not even a Muse fan. Well I assume he's not from the loooong ass summary he gave about his design. You're right he is a graphic designer. It's a little unfair of him to do this to the other Muse fans who tried really hard.

I'm a graphic designer, and not to be cocky but that does give me a little bit of advantage (not in terms of creativity) but in having knowledge of programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. Yet any Muse fan deserves a chance to display their creativity, and I don't mind them getting a little bit of help from a graphic designer buddy as long as they come up with the idea.

My question now is: Should we contact radio stations to have this guy disqualified? I'm going to get so pissed off if his design gets picked in NY over mine.

Just because someone is a professional doesn't mean they didn't try hard. Also, just because they are professional doesn't necessarily make them any less of a fan.

I'm not a fan of what Alex did by submitting to every city, and it looks like he made it through to the semi-finals of most of them. The band is the next step everyone has to pass through though, and if it's breaking any rules then the band (or their management, whoever actually views them) will disqualify it. I'm guessing that it's more then likely going to make it through to the finals, so the simple solution to that is to just not vote for it if you're upset. Submitting to another city was NOT against the rules though. When I was about to submit to NY I noticed that they only had a 1Mb file limit which is ridiculous for a 14" 300DPI image. I unsuccessfully tried to contact RXP about it so I ended up calling San Diego, and they said it was perfectly fine that I submit to their station instead.

Your designs is truly badass!

Seriously, from all the entries I've seen so far, that one is my favorite.

Congrats, and I hope you get the trip to and the chance to meet the band.

My question now is: Should we contact radio stations to have this guy disqualified? I'm going to get so pissed off if his design gets picked in NY over mine.

I'm all for that idea, but unfortunately, I don't think it would really do anything. They've already chosen the winners, do we really think they're going to change because a bunch of people on the boards think they're being unfair ? :/

It's worth a shot, though.

I don't think the radio stations really give a shit honestly. I mean it'll be fun and worth a shot to spam them with calls/emails/messages but do I think it'll do anything? Not really.

I for one think it's worth a shot to bring it to their attention (let them decide if he should be disqualified or simply allow the entry in one station) and to know we have at least tried instead of afterwards being all pissed off about it. better to try than not do anything at all...and give everybody a well deserved chance!

Yeah let's carpetbomb those BASTARDS...who's with me!!!!!!!

A little over the top? I can never tell. :p

so i just called the denver radiostation and asked if they know anything about the muse contest, and goodman said like what contest?

and i said the tshirt, and he was like ohh! well muse is making the contest is not part of the station but send me an email and i will see what i can find out...

anyways.. we'll see... i explained on the email that the radio staion is supposed to pick five finalists and then MUSE picks one

because on their website they have this:

WE'VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO OUR TOP 5!

We've have a winner soon!

that kind of makes it look like they are picking the winner...

but we'll seee im dying here

Thanks man! It was my labor of love for a week straight leading up until catching my flight for Wembley :LOL: I ended up suspending freelance contracts for the whole week just to work on it and threw in 3 all-nighters for finishing touches:p

Did they notify you that you won through an email or something or did you just see your design up there once they announced the finalists? Just curious.

Did they notify you that you won through an email or something or did you just see your design up there once they announced the finalists? Just curious.

They emailed me last night, then I went straight onto the site and saw that it was posted. I had checked earlier in the day and nothing was there yet, so if any stations still haven't put them up by now it should be soon.

Now I have to see if they'll mail the San Diego tickets to me. If my Muser friend in LA doesn't want them, they will be up for free grabs here for anyone who entered in San Diego who didn't make it to the semi-finals.

Man.. am guilty about not reading the rules entirely.. its like 6 pages! lol i was just to excited to design something. i entered to the NY station b/c they didn't have a Texas station and the website looked more legit, you could enter 5 images and have a description etc etc.. but i wonder if i did get picked if i could switch it out for a Oklahoma show? hmm

i guess why i didn't really pay attention to the local stuff is that i was aiming for the grand prize! :D and they fly you out.. so i wouldn't worry about money etc etc.. (dallas to NY.. maybe like a $4-500 flight) :facepalm:

i too had to put my freelance design stuff on the side for this.. i made a muse shuffle playlist off all my albums, b-sides, instrumentals, re-mixes, orchestra covers etc.. and got creative! i love Muse.. always an inspiration.. a distinctive touch that i love about their music is all the sound effects and the arpeggios! that's why i love the instrumentals especially songs like 'Bliss' & 'Stockholm Syndrome' etc.. (puts me in a trance) or even the 3 piece symphony on resistance.. so good! :happy:

anyway.. my design is on the NY station, i think on the 8th page named 'Museology' :D

Archived