I accidentally submitted mine twice to the NY one. I submitted on the 2nd to last day and after an hour it hadn't shown up, so I submitted again. Now it's there twice. Hopefully that doesn't hurt my chances. I don't think we're supposed to post our designs online, so I won't, but mine was submitted to 101.9 RXP in NY and it was the one with the band playing on the moon. I haven't seen a design like mine so I hope it gets some attention =D

I did notice that a lot of the designs were very simliar and also the same person submitted their design to several of the stations. I think that's very wrong! The stations should check ALL of the submissions from all the 9 cities and compare and look at the names of the contestants. I bet a lot of them cheated! And another thing....I agree with somebody who said on here that a lot of them are just rip-offs of the original T-shirt designs from the Muse merchandise store. If they are going to choose the same looking t-shirts what was the point of designing anything new in the first place?!

^^^ this. the radio stations should have worked together and had the same rules that would be strictly enforced. And I really hope that muse chooses unique designs and not just the rip-offs. I know for the Sac gig they gave us a zip file of pictures that we could use, but I doubt that was the only thing they wanted us to use. this whole contest is just... :noey:

I think overall, the radio stations should have been more clear on the rules. If the rules were to only submit ONE design to ONE station and if you didn't you would be disqualified, then they should have said that from the beginning. Also when I read the contest rules I noticed that it said you had to be a legal state resident to be eligible. That should have been told to the fans who submitted their designs from out of state. It would have avoided all the confusion and frustration that some of us are feeling now.

By the way, does anybody know if they were going to email or call the 5 finalists? I thought it was by e-mail. But now I'm starting to wonder if they won't tell them at all. You just have to find out on your own.

ok.. this is insane! who thought this through? why so many stations.. the competition would of worked just fine if they did it all in one spot and if it was all on the muse website. :rolleyes:

that way it would of been easier to monitor.. if the out of state rule exists.. then i'm screwed! :eek: haha since i'm from texas.. but it doesn't make sense if its a US competition that its only limited to those local stations?.. plus those rules are soo long i bet not everybody read them all.. including me.. :$

Anybody notice two winners look EXTREMELY similar?

Look at the Muse logo one here from Columbus: http://www.cd101.com/muse/, the one with all the album artwork making up the letters.

Now the third on in from Cincinatti http://purerock96.com/ROCKHEADS/MuseNuse/tabid/1391/Default.aspx, it's literally the same thing instead it the album artwork is in different letters of the logo.

The same design won twice. This contest is an utter mess.

Anybody notice two winners look EXTREMELY similar?

Look at the Muse logo one here from Columbus: http://www.cd101.com/muse/, the one with all the album artwork making up the letters.

Now the third on in from Cincinatti http://purerock96.com/ROCKHEADS/MuseNuse/tabid/1391/Default.aspx, it's literally the same thing instead it the album artwork is in different letters of the logo.

The same design won twice. This contest is an utter mess.

I noticed that too! :indiff:

Shit, I think I'm part of the problem. I submitted to 3 different stations before I figured out you had to be 18. Some stations didn't even have rules listed. MUSE.MU should have had the rules listed, because they seem to differ with each station. This is absolute shenanigans.

And it would have avoided the confusion with what format it had to be turned in.

Shit, I think I'm part of the problem. I submitted to 3 different stations before I figured out you had to be 18. Some stations didn't even have rules listed. MUSE.MU should have had the rules listed, because they seem to differ with each station. This is absolute shenanigans.

Why would you submit to 3 different stations if you were only permitted to enter once? So suppose you live in Wisconsin and you submitted your design to Denver. If you were one of Denver's finalist you get a pair of tickets to the Denver show. Are you going to fly or drive all the way from Wisconsin to Denver to go see them? You see how it doesn't make sense.

Arghh..it is a mess of a contest.

By the way, that was one of the first rules of the contest. You have to be 18 and over because the grand prize winner wins a trip to Ohio. Which includes 2 free nights of hotel. You have to be 18 and over to reserve a hotel room.

I read the Milwaukee station's rules several times and they did not say you had to be a resident of Wisconsin, nor did they say you could only submit your design to one station. It said one entry per person, so I can see where it's confusing. ESPECIALLY when other radio stations had different rules posted. It would have been much better to have the same rules posted on all the radio websites making it clear whether you could enter designs at each radio station or not. Or even better, run the contest strictly from this website and avoid all this BS.

Edit: By the way, I didn't get my design done in time so I didn't submit anything to any stations. I have no stake in this, I will just feel bad if the eventual winner gets attacked because of a misunderstanding of the rules. Not that anyone is being attacked yet but I can see it heading that way if the eventual winner had multiple submissions. I don't think anyone on this board intentionally tried to gain an unfair advantage by making multiple entries. Call me naive but that's my opinion. If anything, breaking the rules has probably hurt their chances of winning because the stations are apparently aware of it so they may be disqualified now. Who knows? It's a damn mess and I'm kinda glad I didn't get my design done in time.

The entire problem with this thing is that it's horribly managed and nobody was really clear on anything. They pretty much just said "submit your designs here" and that's it. If it was done on one site, like common sense would dictate, then it would be easier. Having multiple stations choosing independently of one another is just silly.

They really were not explicit with any of the rules. Giant, giant mess.

The entire problem with this thing is that it's horribly managed and nobody was really clear on anything. They pretty much just said "submit your designs here" and that's it. If it was done on one site, like common sense would dictate, then it would be easier. Having multiple stations choosing independently of one another is just silly.

They really were not explicit with any of the rules. Giant, giant mess.

True. Muse should have just run the contest from their website or from one specific site like you said.

But still, if I see there is a contest in my local city then I'm going to submit it there. Especially since the 5 finalists get a pair of tickets to see them in their local city. If I know that I can't afford to see them in New York, then why would I take away another contestant's chance. Especially if I already submitted it to my local station.

Now the stations should have been more clear for those who don't live near any of the participating stations. Does that mean you can't enter the contest? Then write it in bold letters. "Contest only vaild for New York residents." or "Contest only applies to Oklahoma residents. Anyone living outside not eligible" See something like that was needed to clarify things. Otherwise we have all these people from different parts of the nation sending in their designs. By the way, I did read in a couple of radio stations that you have to be a legal resident to be eligible for the contest.

I just wish I could wake up and go to my inbox tomorrow morning and read "you were selected as one of the finalist." Now that would make me very happy. What a mess this turned out to be. :noey:

Yeah one of the Cincinnati winners (the one on the far left) submitted his to the NY one too.

At least they're on top of it though and won't let multiple submitters win. If someone from across the country wins the NY one I'll be kinda pissed.

I personally think it's selfish that people are submitting artwork at all radio stations.

However, I think that they should have been clearer about the rules and let people know that they can't submit the same design to another station.

Btw, do the 5 finalists get a special prize of some sort? or just the chance to compete?

I personally think it's selfish that people are submitting artwork at all radio stations.

However, I think that they should have been clearer about the rules and let people know that they can't submit the same design to another station.

Btw, do the 5 finalists get a special prize of some sort? or just the chance to compete?

Top 5 finalists get free tickets to the show in that city and 1 of everything from the merch booth. The radio stations will pick one each to contend nationally. Muse will then pick the grand winner.

This entire thing is completely backasswards and it's getting ridiculous.

Also it's completely illogical for only 3 of the stations to announce their winners while the others just wait with our asses in the wind. The link for the contest has been removed for the 1019rxp site so I'm assuming that means results will be announced shortly. Or not. I have no idea what's going on at this point.

omg this is just insane

thats what i thought in the first place, that muse.mu should put the rules for

everyone

but anyways ... its done...

im so nervous about this, im from houston, tx and submitted to the denver

station because that was the cheapest airflight from houston, haha

i did put on my email that i will be willing to fly there for the concert ,,,

but i was super nervous they wouldnt get it or somehting, and wanted to submited

to several stations just in case, but of course i follow the rules... and now i

might get screwed because i did

i canttt stop stressing about this i do think i have a chance... hope they say

something soon

have anyone received any emails or calls from 93.3 ???

They said you would win tickets to a show...not necessarily from the city you entered in. Either way I hope they get everything worked out soon.

And disqualify people who dodged the rules with technicalities.

And actually compare across the 9 stations but I guess theyll do that once all the finalists are selected.

I can't help but feel that Unnatural Selection strongly applies to the given situation...

I would say that logic dictates that you submit your A-number 1 piece of Musely inspired greatness to your local station and late fate take over...this is a contest people...you most certainly need to read the fine print...

As it stands some stations haven't reported on their winners, in all likely hood they're scrambling to see whose entry is legit...

Worse comes to worse muse.mu cancels the whole she-bang on account of certain peoples greediness...

Good Luck to everyone still waiting...

I can't help but feel that Unnatural Selection strongly applies to the given situation...

I would say that logic dictates that you submit your A-number 1 piece of Musely inspired greatness to your local station and late fate take over...this is a contest people...you most certainly need to read the fine print...

As it stands some stations haven't reported on their winners, in all likely hood they're scrambling to see whose entry is legit...

Worse comes to worse muse.mu cancels the whole she-bang on account of certain peoples greediness...

Reading the rules is a must! I think since it wasn't on .mu most people didn't bother reading the ones given on the radio stations. Really hope the radio stations that are holding back are trying to work it out :erm:

It'd be kind of sad if it got cancelled, but I hope they do it again, and do it right this time.

Okay these are the official rules:

You submit your design to the radio station. Only 5 will be chosen. The 5 finalists get a pair of tickets to the Muse show. Then Muse will choose the best from one of the 5. The runner up prize winners will receive one of everything from the merch booth at the gig. That person will go up against the other 8 finalists for a chance to compete for the grand prize. The 9 finalists will have their design put up on the Muse website. Muse fans will choose the winner via a poll on muse.mu. The grand prize winner will have their t-shirt design made and sold on the Muse website.

(The grand prize winner and a guest will get to fly out to see Muse in concert in Columbus, Ohio on October 12th. The winner and guest receive airfare, 2 nights hotel, 2 tickets to the Muse show and they get to meet Muse.)

The following are the participating radio stations:

KBZT/San Diego

KKDO/Sacramento

KPEK/Albuquerque

KTCL/Denver

WLUM/Milwaukee

KMYZ/Oklahoma City

WFTK/Cincinnati

WWCD/Columbus

WRXP/Uniondale New York

This design was already picked at 2 different radio stations, and it's been submitted to a bunch of others.

1_color-black_mockup.jpg

Yeah, the guy's name is Alex and he submitted to all of them, I think. He's a professional. and if it's been chosen by more than one radio station already, that's not fair to other people. I think people should have been allowed to submit to more than one, but they should only have one chance to win. Professional entries are really taking away from the people who tried really hard on their designs.

This design was already picked at 2 different radio stations, and it's been submitted to a bunch of others.

1_color-black_mockup.jpg

:noey:

I personally don't mind if people submit completely different designs to each station, but why submit the same?

Yeah that guy said in his description that he's a pro and whored out his email/website info literally 10+ times. Though it is a cool shirt, it's kinda bullshit if he's A) not really a fan; and B) just doing it to get his name out there.

He's already won the local Cincinnati one so it's safe to assume it won't win anymore. If it does I will rage :LOL:

Yeah, the guy's name is Alex and he submitted to all of them, I think. He's a professional. and if it's been chosen by more than one radio station already, that's not fair to other people. I think people should have been allowed to submit to more than one, but they should only have one chance to win. Professional entries are really taking away from the people who tried really hard on their designs.

Uh, I take offense to that. My sister is a professional designer and worked in the t-shirt industry for a few years. :LOL: I do know what you mean, though. :indiff:

Archived