Yep.

They should call it the Contest with No Rules

Contest with No Rules Rules: Submit your entry 9 million times if you want to. And you can even break the rules and we won't care. If we like your design we'll still pick yours even though other fans followed the rules. Even if you live in Antarctica and want to submit your design for the New York radio station go ahead. We'll just ignore the other 200 entries we received from NY residents.

:LOL:

Yeah i've seriously seen people who live like on the other side of country submitting designs to NY. I'm pretty sure that if you live in Texas you can find a closer radio station to submit to then NY. And well I guess this is perfectly within the rules but there are some people that submitted designs that are professional graphic designers. They've even included their website in their t-shirt description. I mean its one thing that if they are die hard Muse fans but I feel like some of these people are just looking to improve their resumes. I thought I actually had a good chance at this contest because I'm an art major in college but my designs look like complete shit compared to these professional artists. Well I guess I'm not going to fulfill my life long dream of meeting Muse this time :(

Yeah I saw a few submitted across different stations. I hope they take that into consideration when choosing. As far as pros entering there's not much you can do I guess. Just hope that the radio station chooses actual fans instead of people taking advantage of the platform. I think that's why there's the description/'how long have you been a fan for' sections. They could always lie I guess. Ah well. Fingers crossed for all-Muser winners as always.

Will they hurry up and release the NY winners already? Can't take the anticipation.

Yeah I saw a few submitted across different stations. I hope they take that into consideration when choosing. As far as pros entering there's not much you can do I guess. Just hope that the radio station chooses actual fans instead of people taking advantage of the platform. I think that's why there's the description/'how long have you been a fan for' sections. They could always lie I guess. Ah well. Fingers crossed for all-Muser winners as always.

Will they hurry up and release the NY winners already? Can't take the anticipation.

I know for the Sac one there wasn't any place to put info like for the NY one, so there was no way to filter out pros who are taking advantage. The designs they did choose however were by no means done by professionals. Hopefully they didn't just rule out pro-looking ones for fear that the pros were just taking advantage. I mean I took a digital imaging course in high school, but that shouldn't rule me out should it? :$

I'm also anxious for the NY ones, there was one there that I really liked. hope it makes the cut :)

I agree, it's a little stupid that some of the winners for the other stations didn't follow the rules and won anyway. I figured the only way I'd stand a chance in this was because a lot of nice designs were on black backgrounds. :LOL:

And jeez, would they just announce the winners already? I'm sure they've got 'em picked by now.

I submitted to the NY station and i am from dallas, tx. i am also a graphic designer.. seems like i am in a confessional :LOL:

However, i am very much indeed a loyal muse fan, i would absolutely love too see them and talk about Aliens and conspiracy theories with Matt :p i don't think submitting to the NY station from texas matters.. and i liked the feature about having a description and a preview of your work from the ny station. :) plus they didn't have a station in tx to submit to.. :(

My primary design does have a black background :$ solely because i forgot the first one entered was the primary and the rest just show under your primary design(extras).. and one of those extras had my white t-shirt template with the design on top.

That next day i still didn't see my design so i thought maybe i did something wrong?.. wrong files size etc.. so i submitted again the next day thinking the first one didn't go through.. then that night they posted all of the rest(including my design and a duplicate). So thats solves that mystery! :D now i feel like i was in a courtroom pleading my case! :LOL:

i wish the NY station would hurry already!! i had 2 dreams about this contest! i will need somebody to incept my dreams!! :happy:

OMG!!!! im so anxious about the denver one!!!! any news??????

litteralyyy i've had dreams i win hahahah

im from houston, tx hopefully the denver radio station dont care about that, i hate that they didnt explain or put any rules in their website, it was just 'send your desing to this email'

and thats it!!

i dont even know if they got it...

ive seen some of the winners of the other stations and they are good but i think mine is very different from all others...

can we post it here???

I submitted to the NY station and i am from dallas, tx. i am also a graphic designer.. seems like i am in a confessional :LOL:

However, i am very much indeed a loyal muse fan, i would absolutely love too see them and talk about Aliens and conspiracy theories with Matt :p i don't think submitting to the NY station from texas matters.. and i liked the feature about having a description and a preview of your work from the ny station. :) plus they didn't have a station in tx to submit to.. :(

My primary design does have a black background :$ solely because i forgot the first one entered was the primary and the rest just show under your primary design(extras).. and one of those extras had my white t-shirt template with the design on top.

That next day i still didn't see my design so i thought maybe i did something wrong?.. wrong files size etc.. so i submitted again the next day thinking the first one didn't go through.. then that night they posted all of the rest(including my design and a duplicate). So thats solves that mystery! :D now i feel like i was in a courtroom pleading my case! :LOL:

i wish the NY station would hurry already!! i had 2 dreams about this contest! i will need somebody to incept my dreams!! :happy:

sorry i didn't mean to force a confession out of you! :LOL: i'm just glad that you're a true muser like me and i wish you the best of luck!

Guys anyone here submitted to Denver???

I just noticed in their website they said they all ready picked 5 finalists to wait for the winner...

Don't they know they have to send all 5 and that MUSE picks the winner???

I'm sooo stresseddd

Here is something I found on the Oklahoma City station:

This contest will have 5 local qualifiers and 1 local first place winner and there will be 1 national grand prize winner. The local Tulsa contest is open to only legal residents of the state of Oklahoma that are 18 or older.

Okay so...hmmm...that's strange. So if those are the contest rules for this station and for some other ones that I've seen then how come some of the finalists are from other states? Some people in other parts of the country submitted their designs to multiple radio stations and they are not even from those cities. :mad:

Well it's almost 9:30 am and I still haven't received an email from the radio station so I guess they either didn't pick mine as a finalist or they still haven't decided yet. I know I can just look at their website but I'm a little too nervous to do that. :erm:

Gotta get back to work!

Guys anyone here submitted to Denver???

I just noticed in their website they said they all ready picked 5 finalists to wait for the winner...

Don't they know they have to send all 5 and that MUSE picks the winner???

I'm sooo stresseddd

It seems like Denver doesn't have the name of their winners either. Maybe they will notify you the day of the concert if you won?

These radio stations didn't seem to care too much about the Muse fans who entered the contest. They don't update us on anything! Except for the Cincinnati and Columbus stations who did post the winners.

Hello! Wanted to pass along some information I got from the Columbus station today. Apparently, 3 different people submitted to 3 different stations and their designs are extremely similar, so stations are trying to figure out what to do. That might be why some aren't posting their pics for top 5 yet.

^^ so does that mean those who entered the same design to all the stations don't have a chance at winning?? I hope so...it's okay to enter if your not from the area but to submit the same design to every station is not fair, I entered to my local station and that was it, the way it should be, some people get me so mad...

^^ so does that mean those who entered the same design to all the stations don't have a chance at winning?? I hope so...it's okay to enter if your not from the area but to submit the same design to every station is not fair, I entered to my local station and that was it, the way it should be, some people get me so mad...

Yeah, I'm not from Milwaukee but I entered there cause I'm from Chicago and its pretty close. It doesn't seem fair to send in entries to multiple radio stations.

Hello! Wanted to pass along some information I got from the Columbus station today. Apparently, 3 different people submitted to 3 different stations and their designs are extremely similar, so stations are trying to figure out what to do. That might be why some aren't posting their pics for top 5 yet.

I did notice that a lot of the designs were very simliar and also the same person submitted their design to several of the stations. I think that's very wrong! The stations should check ALL of the submissions from all the 9 cities and compare and look at the names of the contestants. I bet a lot of them cheated! And another thing....I agree with somebody who said on here that a lot of them are just rip-offs of the original T-shirt designs from the Muse merchandise store. If they are going to choose the same looking t-shirts what was the point of designing anything new in the first place?!

Archived