Hey Couture--if you're going to that San Diego show, make sure to post a setlist! Or somebody...please post!

I actually won't be at the show, but I'm sure someone on the board will be able to hook you up. The sets always get posted up on setlist.fm shortly after the gigs.

idvazquez, I'm really sorry to see that yours didn't get chosen from NY... It looks like different stations had different rules on entrant locations which I think should have been specifically stated in the official rules. I'm being 100% honest in saying that your design is the BEST I've seen from this competition.

And I of course really appreciate all of the support everyone continues to show for my design. I contacted Adam Martinez earlier to find out more about what's going on with the contest, and he's looking into it before getting back to me. If we don't hear or see something by Muse's management by the time I hear back from him I'll be sure to let you all know what I find out. Interesting that the RXP rep's posts a page back were deleted...

sigh... just got an e-mail from the new york station:

"Your submission was great and we wish we could have chosen your design but since you weren't from New York or the local NY tri-state area we were unable to submit you as a finalist. We apologize and thank you for your participation either way. Keep up the great work!"

i knew i should of submitted to Oklahoma! well at least they e-mailed me.. alot of people didn't get e-mailed... but.. I'm still wondering.. so i don't even get the chance to compete for the grand prize!? it wouldn't matter if i was from new york since they were to fly you out w/ hotel anyway! and the current new york winner.. they didnt even submit their design on time! that's against the rules.. but yet again when did this competition ever go with the rules... :mad:

you can clearly see on this attachment- [ATTACH]12221[/ATTACH]

but they have already been chosen :rolleyes: oh well.. congrats to the winners! sorry i'm just in a bitter mood right now lol :p

i'm still going to screen print my shirt though.. to bad muse didnt even get to look at it, i'm sure matt would of loved it-

[ATTACH]12222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12223[/ATTACH]

I have to say that your design is amazing...

Srsly... :stunned:

I actually won't be at the show, but I'm sure someone on the board will be able to hook you up. The sets always get posted up on setlist.fm shortly after the gigs.

idvazquez, I'm really sorry to see that yours didn't get chosen from NY... It looks like different stations had different rules on entrant locations which I think should have been specifically stated in the official rules. I'm being 100% honest in saying that your design is the BEST I've seen from this competition.

And I of course really appreciate all of the support everyone continues to show for my design. I contacted Adam Martinez earlier to find out more about what's going on with the contest, and he's looking into it before getting back to me. If we don't hear or see something by Muse's management by the time I hear back from him I'll be sure to let you all know what I find out. Interesting that the RXP rep's posts a page back were deleted...

They're gone because I don't want the drama. :( I've said my peace and who ever got to see it, saw it. Fin.

thanks man! :happy: i appreciate the compliments everyone! i wonder if any muse management or "Kirkbot" even looks at these posts.. i guess they don't want get involved in the drama :LOL: anyway, i don't care if i get a actual prize anymore, my prize would be if muse got to look at my design, and considered using it! :D and they would not have to worry about flying me somewhere or sending me a box of merch.etc..

OMGGGGGG whats going onn???? picking 9 more?????????

wowww this is getting intresting, i guess they are pulling some of the designs that werent from there???

ahhhhhhh

Oh, I really hope not. That would be the opposite of fair. Think about it. If the only people that are allowed to submit a design are from those 7 states, that means that this wasn't a US competition, but a California, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, etc. competition. As long as you're willing to travel to wherever you won tickets to, you should have been able to enter. To me U.S. means U.S. I could be entirely wrong, but I have a feeling it might be more along the lines of people submitting entries to multiple stations.

Oh, I really hope not. That would be the opposite of fair. Think about it. If the only people that are allowed to submit a design are from those 7 states, that means that this wasn't a US competition, but a California, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, etc. competition. As long as you're willing to travel to wherever you won tickets to, you should have been able to enter. To me U.S. means U.S. I could be entirely wrong, but I have a feeling it might be more along the lines of people submitting entries to multiple stations.

i know! but then what would be the reason they are changing the finalists?

if its only to ADD 9 more, then its cool, but it sounded like they are pulling some...

maybe i still have a chance... :/

what other rules were broken by the finalists from yesterday?

i know! but then what would be the reason they are changing the finalists?

if its only to ADD 9 more, then its cool, but it sounded like they are pulling some...

maybe i still have a chance... :/

what other rules were broken by the finalists from yesterday?

I wonder if it was the whole multiple station entry thing...maybe some of the finalists had entered into more than one radio station? That would seem iffy rule-wise, because it's sets up a situation (like we saw) where someone can be a semi-finalist for more than one station, essentially taking multiple semi-finalist spots, and depriving other designs those spots? I hope that's it.

Ocean 5 - I think you're right. I seem to remember one of the designs being one that was among those that people were upset about being a multiple station entry.

Yeah, I didn't really like that one, and thought it was a little too blatant a rip-off of the United States of Eurasia single artwork. I kept wondering where the actual design work was. They took the work of the United States of Eurasia album cover, and MUSE'S own logo as a mask, and that was it. It was like pairing two pieces of someone else's artwork together, with nothing else added, and calling it their own. It's one thing to make a design and incorporate an album cover element into it, but to me, that was just a collage of someone else's work.

I'm with you. I'm not a huge fan of the new Denver finalist submission, either (for different reasons) but hey, if the guys in MUSE liked it better, I guess that's their prerogative. We don't have to vote for it. :LOL:

Were Matt and Dom at RXP today/yesterday? I've just noticed some "I'm with the Band" photos on the website

Picture20030__500X500.jpg

Picture20008__500X500.jpg

Perhaps they had something to do with the new decision

idvazquez, I'm really rooting for you.......good luck.

That's an older interview. I'm pretty sure that's the one where the girl who won didn't know a damn thing about the band. It was pretty funny bc she was a bit of an airhead and Matt & Dom seemed to enjoy it :LOL:

That's an older interview. I'm pretty sure that's the one where the girl who won didn't know a damn thing about the band. It was pretty funny bc she was a bit of an airhead and Matt & Dom seemed to enjoy it :LOL:

Oh! That explains a lot of things. :LOL: Like why they're in sweaters and jackets. When it's fucking 75° F outside.

Archived