I understood that each radio station chooses 5 designs. They send those designs to Muse to choose one finalist to complete 9 final designs, one for each radio station. Those 9 designs will then be posted on .mu to get voted on. Winning design gets made into a shirt to be sold on .mu and the person gets to do a meet&greet for their Ohio show on the Oct. 12th.

I understood that each radio station chooses 5 designs. They send those designs to Muse to choose one finalist to complete 9 final designs, one for each radio station. Those 9 designs will then be posted on .mu to get voted on. Winning design gets made into a shirt to be sold on .mu and the person gets to do a meet&greet for their Ohio show on the Oct. 12th.

You got it right.

Kevin....your design made it to the finals finals. That means you will be competing against 8 other finalists. So don't worry about having to compete against the top 5 from each city. No no no...Alex Sheldon won't be competing against you on the Muse website. It's just you against 8 others. That's how the grand prize winner will be determined. Because we the people vote on our favorite. And the one with the most votes wins everything!!! That should have been me! :'(

okay I'm a little better now about not winning...I think.

Just got word from San Diego... Made it to the finals :)

Congrats Couture!! U seem to be the only person who knows that they are a finalist. I dont think they've told any of the other finalists, or the others arent on this forum. This waiting is very nerve racking though! Consider yourself lucky u dont have to worry about it anymore! Congrats again!

yes he should win the some other ones are crapy, im sooo bummeddddd whyyyyyy did i send it to the denver station they have no idea what they are doing.

here is my design.. ohh well

im still making it into a poster

its all handmade and it says MUSEMUSEMUSE all over..

the other picture is zooomed in..

im so bummed.... :(

musecropeddesign2.jpg.d24c12bb3bef5926f54ec5a9bc178877.jpg

musecropeddesign.thumb.jpg.690c4242db5aaa96ea2a43c4aa6da9e0.jpg

The finalists are all posted on muse.mu now. Check them out! I soooo wish I had been one of them. :'(

Ahhh! I got a heads up from friends this morning as well as seeing Muse's twitter post, but I don't see anything on the site. Was it taken down?

Sorry to hear that some of the others didn't make it. All of your worked rocked :)

sigh... just got an e-mail from the new york station:

"Your submission was great and we wish we could have chosen your design but since you weren't from New York or the local NY tri-state area we were unable to submit you as a finalist. We apologize and thank you for your participation either way. Keep up the great work!"

i knew i should of submitted to Oklahoma! well at least they e-mailed me.. alot of people didn't get e-mailed... but.. I'm still wondering.. so i don't even get the chance to compete for the grand prize!? it wouldn't matter if i was from new york since they were to fly you out w/ hotel anyway! and the current new york winner.. they didnt even submit their design on time! that's against the rules.. but yet again when did this competition ever go with the rules... :mad:

you can clearly see on this attachment- contest_bullshit.jpg.70a8d4dabae22b8d6af372425be97255.jpg

but they have already been chosen :rolleyes: oh well.. congrats to the winners! sorry i'm just in a bitter mood right now lol :p

i'm still going to screen print my shirt though.. to bad muse didnt even get to look at it, i'm sure matt would of loved it-

museology_4.thumb.jpg.4f66b3e4d95166b1f4bb0a922b921d6b.jpg

museology.thumb.jpg.cc3595f96cc059d9cfce7b68932974b0.jpg

sigh... just got an e-mail from the new york station:

"Your submission was great and we wish we could have chosen your design but since you weren't from New York or the local NY tri-state area we were unable to submit you as a finalist. We apologize and thank you for your participation either way. Keep up the great work!"

i knew i should of submitted to Oklahoma! well at least they e-mailed me.. alot of people didn't get e-mailed... but.. I'm still wondering.. so i don't even get the chance to compete for the grand prize!? it wouldn't matter if i was from new york since they were to fly you out w/ hotel anyway! and the current new york winner.. they didnt even submit their design on time! that's against the rules.. but yet again when did this competition ever go with the rules... :mad:

you can clearly see on this attachment- [ATTACH]12221[/ATTACH]

but they have already been chosen :rolleyes: oh well.. congrats to the winners! sorry i'm just in a bitter mood right now lol :p

i'm still going to screen print my shirt though.. to bad muse didnt even get to look at it, i'm sure matt would of loved it-

[ATTACH]12222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12223[/ATTACH]

Love these shirts! My hubby feels the same way that Muse would have loved his design had it made it to their eyes. Definitely some parts of this went badly - maybe they can control the whole thing next time they do a contest instead of having different rules for each radio station (and then different rulings than what we thought).

Hey, we did get your email today and your submission WAS awesome. I really liked it and I would put that on a t-shirt anyway.. or even a poster. Dude, go for it. Seriously. Your work was awesome and it is a bummer we couldn't enter you as a finalist.

Keep in touch though. I'm always around the forums while I sit at work.

-Michelle

Wow, that's absolutely crap. Sorry, Michelle, I'm sure you're a lovely person, but it is. It didn't say anywhere on the site that you had to be a NY resident. And, furthermore, it would appear the design that ended up being submitted and then chosen by MUSE was submitted after 9/10 (the deadline). Not cool. If you had to be a resident of NY, it should have said so. Pretty sure that wasn't the overall contest rules, either. You unfairly disqualified some truly fine artwork, like idvazquez's.

Ok, so the date things makes sense. However, if it wasn't in the rules, it wasn't a rule. It certainly wasn't a MUSE rule.

There were only 9 radio stations participating. Seeing as the rules were you had to be over 18 and a U.S. Citizen, it doesn't make sense that MUSE intended participation would be limited to only the state of each radio station. That's like MUSE saying they only want submissions from 7 out of 50 states represented. And you'll note they picked a finalist in San Diego that was from NY, so that limitation certainly wasn't on their part. Be honest, it was an arbitrary rule set up by the radio station, and not communicated to anyone. It didn't appear *anywhere* on the contest page. I even checked your routine contest rules, and there's no mention of needing to be from the NY tri-state area in the Eligibility section. So it wasn't just "not communicated clearly" - it wasn't communicated at all, in any way, shape or form. Therefore it wasn't a real rule. The radio station can't just make up rules after the fact, and then make phony claims about "wishing" they could have picked some of the artwork from outside the area.

You say don't "hate" on the radio station. I don't hate the radio station. I'm sure they're a kick ass radio station, but the fact is they're still the one that made the rule and then didn't tell anyone until after the competition, so, yeah, they're at fault here, and all the claims about how good the other artwork was and how badly the station wanted to pick it rings false and hollow. You guys *could* have picked whatever artwork you wanted to from the submissions, except that you guys made up that dumb non-rule.

And while some of the radio stations may have pulled similar nonsense, NOT all the other radio stations had the same rule. Some of the others picked semi-finalists that were not from their area. The San Diego finalist is from New York.

Again, RXP is a great station, and we all appreciate how they weeded out the likes of Alex Sheldon, but how they handled this "rule" is completely bogus.

I know it's not *your* fault, personally, so I appreciate you trying to explain, but yeah, it doesn't change the fact that the rule was never communicated, and the situation was completely, totally and utterly unfair. Not to me perhaps, because I'm not sure I was ever really in the running (:LOL:), but certainly to the other phenomenal artists you admit you guys were considering seriously. I guess the best thing to do is make sure the radio station checks on this stuff BEFORE posting the contest, so that any rules are made clear to the prospective contestants.

wish i could at least made semi finals to get all the goodies!.. even though i wasn't from new york doesn't mean i cant go visit my friends up there or even give my ticket to my hardcore muse friends up there.. and they could mail me the merch!! :D but its a bummer.. at least i was honest to put 'from dallas, tx' what if i put a 'New York' address from one of my close friends that lives up there .. then maybe!? :happy:

anyway the chosen design doesn't seem musey at all.. you can slap any band on there.. like another 4 letter band name say 'RUSH' :LOL: ..a little quick photoshop then BAM!-

newyork_unoriginal.jpg.9fd9b3b83c3ca13730406018555eaa33.jpg :rolleyes:

yes yes its a muse lady supposedly.. but u don't see her and think "oh! she's a 'muse'"..

anyway.. whats done is done! just wanted to vent a bit! :p

my vote is for Couture! badass design.

wish i could at least made semi finals to get all the goodies!.. even though i wasn't from new york doesn't mean i cant go visit my friends up there or even give my ticket to my hardcore muse friends up there.. and they could mail me the merch!! :D but its a bummer.. at least i was honest to put 'from dallas, tx' what if i put a 'New York' address from one of my close friends that lives up there .. then maybe!? :happy:

anyway the chosen design doesn't seem musey at all.. you can slap any band on there.. like another 4 letter band name say 'RUSH' :LOL: ..a little quick photoshop then BAM!-

[ATTACH]12227[/ATTACH] :rolleyes:

yes yes its a muse lady supposedly.. but u don't see her and think "oh! she's a 'muse'"..

anyway.. whats done is done! just wanted to vent a bit! :p

my vote is for Couture! badass design.

You're right. Your design should have been chosen. It's very cool. I saw it on the NY website and then I saw it again when you posted it here. I think if Muse would have seen yours they would have picked yours too. But :(

Anyway, that email they sent you totally sucks! It doesn't make sense how New York had these rules and then Cincinnati had other set of rules and Sacramento had some other set of rules....etc. etc. Overall the contest was a big mess! They should have just made it simple. ANYBODY living in the US can send their designs to ANY station. Whoever was managing the whole Muse t-shirt contest didn't do a good job. And now they don't even have the poll on their site! How are we supposed to vote for our favorite if the poll is gone? :noey:

about that New York t-shirt...ummmmm....I'm going to say they made a mistake choosing that one as the finalist. It's not MUSE like at all. I know I wouldn't buy it!

Does anyone know if WRXP in NY picked 5 finalists or they only chose one?

Each station had to pick 5 finalists, so yes. 5 were picked then I guess MUSE picks 1 from each station... but at this point who knows who really picked it since everyone seems to think MUSE has better taste in picking out the designs. This whole contest is nothing but drama at this point. Meh.

Archived