NewScientist plagiarises The Resistance/Exogenesis artwork

Niall

Maybe I'm strange but I really don't find this that important.

Well we do.

But how do you know if it's original or not? Maybe he made this first and the exo artwork was made after his work rather than the other way round :p

True, but it has a later publishing date and I don't think La Boca would be very likely to steal someone elses work.

I'm a bit pissed off that I haven't got a reply from NS though, I'm just curious to see their response and even if they knew of the similarites.

Well we do.

True, but it has a later publishing date and I don't think La Boca would be very likely to steal someone elses work.

I'm a bit pissed off that I haven't got a reply from NS though, I'm just curious to see their response and even if they knew of the similarites.

:yesey:

Try contacting Huang? I would, but I'm not great with wording these things :chuckle:

Absolutely nothing on this message board, apart from maybe an occasional discussion in Current Affairs, is important.

:LOL::LOL:

THIS.

Wired magazine has some amazing artwork :happy:

And it wasn't La Boca :p

It was a man called Jeff Huang, he has a portfolio here but this picture which he did for another publication may be of interest:

544771272392109.jpg

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Maybe I'm strange but I really don't find this that important.

Neither do I. :p But I'm still interested.

Wired magazine has some amazing artwork :happy:

And it wasn't La Boca :p

It was a man called Jeff Huang, he has a portfolio here but this picture which he did for another publication may be of interest:

544771272392109.jpg

oh... :stunned:

and well, even the colors and that texture on the Exogenesis artwork is there.

20100828.jpg

It's from the next edition (28/08/10). That's the biggest image available at the moment.

It's pretty blatant...

They did something similar a few months ago. I'll try and find the pic I took of my mag. It looked like one of the other resistance images but it was placed over a pic of the Hadron Collider.

EDIT: Here it is.

Ce0011466.jpg

Not quite as blatant but still it popped up a few weeks after the album art.

They did something similar a few months ago. I'll try and find the pic I took of my mag. It looked like one of the other resistance images but it was placed over a pic of the Hadron Collider.

EDIT: Here it is.

Ce0011466.jpg

Not quite as blatant but still it popped up a few weeks after the album art.

Sorry but, that was really nothing like the resistance artwork :erm:

Maybe not, but it's the first thing that popped into my head when I was buying it and when I got home and was reading it I just couldn't NOT see the similarities.

heh, I had a similar reaction, but the other way around - when I first saw the resistance artwork the LHC and it's associated experiments were the first things that popped into my mind ;)

ATLAS in particular - http://atlas.ch/

Archived