I thought about it :LOL: but oh no! Scary! :eek: Nah, no doubt they're already on to the next victim! :D:LOL:

Who is it? :ninja::shifty: Do you know?

*must....look...after....my...posts....*

:ninja:

I agree with you, I guess we're no ordinary fans because Muse isn't an ordinary band..

:musesign::musesign::musesign:

THIS.

Who wants to be ordinary??? :D

but but but but... Matt knows who I am! That's all that matters! He even takes notice when I come around! I bet he wouldn't be able to pick you out of a crowd! :phu:

He even knows my name! My full name! And how to spell it and everything!

Look here... see? It's right there on the restraining order :awesome:

:LOL:

Oh and LOL at the best quote... 'fess up, who was it?

But why would anyone need to fess up if you can be a poststalker by putting the quote into search? :awesome:

:LOL:

But why would anyone need to fess up if you can be a poststalker by putting the quote into search? :awesome:

Good thinking, couldn't resist! :LOL: But not someone I recognise and the poster is only 11. Awww!

Triple J are now evil! :fear:

Mind you they did say "best quote" so maybe they meant that without sarcasm?:erm:

I was just looking at it again as was in hysterics over them quoting the PMT title.

"Cooking Matt in tinfoil to make him extra tasty"

They must think "what the hell"?!

I thought it was a bit creepy but at least could appeciate the joke in there. Separating it from the obvious reference to the silver suits he's been wearing recently, it edges towards cannabilism! :LOL: They've probably already had the Chianti joke in the thread. I'm almost surprised the writers of the article didn't go there!

Banter and Kittentab get no mention? :LOL: poor form triple J!

I think the fact that there are entire forums full of people that don't even care about Muse, or at least haven't really discussed Muse here for years, might have been just too confusing for them to fathom...

I was just looking at it again as was in hysterics over them quoting the PMT title.

"Cooking Matt in tinfoil to make him extra tasty"

They must think "what the hell"?!

I thought it was a bit creepy but at least could appeciate the joke in there. Separating it from the obvious reference to the silver suits he's been wearing recently, it edges towards cannabilism! :LOL: They've probably already had the Chianti joke in the thread. I'm almost surprised the writers of the article didn't go there!

You know, that bit with the little recipe.. I thought that was a joke! :LOL: Then I went over to PMT and whaddayaknow it's actually on the first page :LOL:

This is LOLsome ...

I remember the UD quote.. I thought it was a bit :stunned: at the time but I also remember that they were only young....

I rarely go into PMT, PDT or PCT because they are absolutely filthy.. and as for banter.... :eek:

noooow hold on a minute. :p

the pct isn't NEARLY as filthy as it could be.

not even close.

:eyebrows:

It looks like they started out in other muse topics, got to the PMT and then just didn't have the strength to continue to the other sections .... can you blame them, really? :chuckle:

Yeah, they probably had to stop there and go take a shower to get all the filth off. :LOL:

I find this voyeuristic look at [other artists'] websites really interesting. I can't be bothered to check out many other fansites, let alone register, so their own little subcultures remain a mystery. I suspect that Triple-J ignored the setlist gripes on Muse.mu because it's not an unusual complaint for fans in general to have -- it'd probably be far more unusual if an artist's fans weren't complaining about the setlists.

But it's funny how various fan-sets have their own little ingrained obsessions and perennial complaints. I've read that Spoon fans have often complained about ticket availability/venue size, because for years that band would perversely play at smaller venues than what they could've commanded, so their fans could enjoy a more intimate experience. Well, that's all well and good for the lucky fans who could score a ticket, but many others would face either greedy scalpers or get shut out altogether.

Here's another issue: how does a website/fanbase cope with a rapid succession of band formations, as happens with guitarists like Jack White and Josh Homme? Do the websites take an expansive view of the new projects or not? If you're a White Stripes fan from early days, do you stick with the original site and the persona you've built up there, or migrate to (or establish, even) another site that follows White as an individual through one lineup after another?

I suspect that Triple-J ignored the setlist gripes on Muse.mu because it's not an unusual complaint for fans in general to have -- it'd probably be far more unusual if an artist's fans weren't complaining about the setlists.

But then why did they mention the slash?

I thought fandom by definition was crazy. I guess I was wrong in assuming that what goes in here also happens in other forums for other bands.[snip]

Good point; "fan" comes from "fanatic". And I suspect you're largely right in your assumption too... although there's bound to be some unique (and uniquely pervy, sometimes) stuff on any given site. One thing that'd be fun to read would be a few of each site's/artist's in-jokes -- like here, it's fashun sense, bananas, Matt's height, "Sit the fuck down!," and so forth, but for another band it might be beef jerky, losing a cellphone in a toilet, a ratty moustache, and "don't worry, there's another train" (only there wasn't).

But then why did they mention the slash?

Because slashfic is by definition salacious.

Archived