Do You Think Muse Sounds Like Radiohead?

lamia1194

Well I think there a few people guilty of just bumming Muse no matter what they bring out. I actually think Muse have gone downhill since Hullabaloo. I'll probably get a torrent of people disagreeing with me but, meh. They still make great music but they have never re-captured what they had on OOS imo.

I don't think they sound like Radiohead either, in my opinion Radiohead are more innovative and less repetitive than Muse are, but I still prefer Muse. Sick of the pointless comparison.

Nah, thats your opinion mate. It would be boring if we all thought the same. Radiohead i used to love. There first 3 albums were amazing, and they were one of my fav bands. But after ok computer, i could not get into them. Sure for me, they still had some great tracks on the later albums, but i could not get into the albums themselves. Even in rainbows, i just cant get into it :( One thing i noticed about T yorke was his voice. He seems to mumble alot now when he sings, and i find that so annoying!

Muse on the other hand, in my opinion are getting better and better with each new album release. Its only when you see muse live that you can appreciate what a talented band they are, and how gifted matt is, in singing and his guitar playing. Some of the things he does with his voice is just amazing! and i feel is up there with jeff buckley, who i saw live once .

• 2 years later...

I really don't believe the bands sound alike. I'm a hardcore Muse fan but also a hardcore RH fan. I think they're both unique. They have in common the fact that they've both changed over the years and keep experimenting.

They're both amazing in their own ways :happy:

I liked Radiohead years before I knew about Muse, and still I don't get why some people always say that Muse is a bad copy :$

I am sure that Radiohead are very talented musicians, but I'm probably not in their target because I found their music too sad to listen to it.

Is very different what happens with Muse, their music is so powerful that I keep re-discovering their songs :happy:

They share only remote, vague similarities with certain songs. However, there's a big key difference that resonates in my ears when I listen to either group. Matt is much better with harmonics and pairing the right notes together, and while Radiohead is very experimental, none of their bass lines, chords, harmonies, or melodies, etc. ring in my ear and grab my attention like Muse's do. Plus, there's the obvious fact that Matt is a much better vocalist. Opinions aside, he has a higher range. That's fact.

In my honest opinion, Muse >>> Radiohead. :awesome:

No, not at all. I mean, you can say that single songs from Showbiz remind of Radiohead, but I think that this comparison is very excessive and most of the people are just over- reacting! Radiohead may inspire Muse, but Muse are a great band by their own!

And I do like Radiohead, But it's got nothing to do with my feelings to Muse...

Muse is a great band, thanks to themselves, and in my opinion, there's nothing bad in taking inspiration from another band... (I'm really not sure they did, though.) I also think that Muse are better than Radiohead (and I bet that most of you guys also do XD) ...

Muse also re-invent themselves all the time, so even if they did do a song that remind of Radiohead, the next song is way different from the other :)

I knew about Radiohead 15 years ago, but they never really got under my skin the way Muse does. I don't see much similarity. However, a few weeks ago we were in a restaurant and a song from OK Computer was playing and my husband (who is not a Muse fan nor a Radiohead fan) said "Is this Muse?" :erm: I LOLed. So some people apparently think they sound similar.

I seriously think that this whole radiohead muse thing is really overdone. Yes showbiz sounds like radiohead, but all the rest dont. Get on with your love of muse and move on away from this stupid radiohead shit

I see your point,Showbiz did sound a bit like Radiohead but all the other albums NO!,I'm a radiohead fan too ;)

I think Showbiz and Pablo Honey sound a bit similar, not really but they have a rough rock feel to them.

After that, I see no similarities.

I don't really think Muse sound like Radiohead. Maybe they sounded a bit alike in their early days, but as a big fan of both bands, I don't think they have many similarities nowadays.

Although, the first time I listened to My Iron Lung, I was instantly reminded of Muse :erm::chuckle:

Archived