Do You Think Muse Sounds Like Radiohead?

lamia1194

And its a very opininated topic...thats why its still going...:happy:

Yeah but the fact remains that Muse don't sound like Radiohead whatsoever. :LOL: There's a few touches perhaps during the Showbiz-era but Origin Of Symmetry just blew all the comparisons away.

Fuse (a US music channel) was playing a block of videos from RH, I woke up halfway through the program, they were playing High & Dry (great vid BTW), Bodysnatchers (didn't like this song or video at all!!!!!) and Just (which is from The Bends-the album most people say they sound alike) and I don't think that Thom Yorkes voice sounds anything like Matts. On Just, Johnnys guitaring sounds a bit like Matts, but that the only parallel I hear at all.

Thoms voice is deeper and more even keel whereas Matts seems to have more "range". Matts vocals are clearer and Thoms are vocals are mushier (I can't understand him as well as I can Matt). There is a definate difference in there vocal styles. It's bizarre how people think they sound alike. It's like Thom invented Falsetto. Men have been singing falsetto (Judas Priest anyone?) for eons.

Whats sad is that major US publications (the largest being Rolling Stone) have their heads shoved so far up RH butts if anything even remotely sounds like them, they refuse to even acknowledge the band as legit. This is why Muse will most likely never be big like Coldplay, etc...in the US. :stunned:

Whats sad is that major US publications (the largest being Rolling Stone) have their heads shoved so far up RH butts if anything even remotely sounds like them, they refuse to even acknowledge the band as legit. This is why Muse will most likely never be big like Coldplay, etc...in the US. :stunned:

Well, if it's any consolation music magazines don't really make or break bands - even less now that many people switched from printed media to internet as a mean to discover new music.

Rolling Stone never had much love for Led Zeppelin (their recent cover was actually their *first* RS cover ever), but that didn't stop them from selling truckloads.

Yeah but the fact remains that Muse don't sound like Radiohead whatsoever. :LOL: There's a few touches perhaps during the Showbiz-era but Origin Of Symmetry just blew all the comparisons away.

Hear hear to that! and to origin of symmetry

I love both bands but they sound nothing alike

oh god not the"ZOMG!!!!!!1!?! MOOZE SOUND LIKE RADIOHEAD????!!!11:pope:" thread :mad: again.

seriously it gets on my tits.

muse=legendary

radiohead=legendary

so fucking what?

they dont sound the same they are both unique in there own little ways

please let this thread die again :(

Please let's kill this thread. Both bands are amazing and both bands sound different from each other. Muse DOES NOT sound like Radiohead. Now everyone stop posting. This ridiculous and pointless argument has been done too many times in the past already.

*hopes the thread gets locked*

Fuse (a US music channel) was playing a block of videos from RH, I woke up halfway through the program, they were playing High & Dry (great vid BTW), Bodysnatchers (didn't like this song or video at all!!!!!) and Just (which is from The Bends-the album most people say they sound alike) and I don't think that Thom Yorkes voice sounds anything like Matts. On Just, Johnnys guitaring sounds a bit like Matts, but that the only parallel I hear at all.

Thoms voice is deeper and more even keel whereas Matts seems to have more "range". Matts vocals are clearer and Thoms are vocals are mushier (I can't understand him as well as I can Matt). There is a definate difference in there vocal styles. It's bizarre how people think they sound alike. It's like Thom invented Falsetto. Men have been singing falsetto (Judas Priest anyone?) for eons.

Sad thing is, Coldplay sound more like Radiohead and Muse do :LOL:

Personally, I don't see the comparison. I had a relative over when I was watching HAARP and he said that Muse sounded like RH. I was like... :wtf:

You know what, i have never understood this "muse sound like radiohead" thing. I got into radiohead at the very begining, and loved them up to ok computer. After that they changed there direction, and i was not quite the same with them. Muse on the other hand i got into through my x girlfriend, and i never thought they sounded like radiohead at all, i just ca't see it. I like muse better, and i feel that muse has got better with each album, while radiohead have not. Matt is just a talent, very underated in my opinion.

Matt's always been underrated. Finnish critics love to slag Muse off a bit too much and they are also guilty of the endless and pointless and extremely irritating Radiohead comparisons. The worst review even had the guts to say this about Muse: "They can't be serious". That was pretty hurtful. No respect towards their unique talents as musicians and the fact of them making such unique music and having a singer with such an unique voice that no-one would (most likely) ever be able to copy and to have such songwriting talent and to have the charm on stage to blow the audience away even without the cool big effects, rocking the audience only with their instruments. That is a talent. They make music out of love, unlike too many bands these days, and what do they get in return? It makes me sad. I hate the press here because of this. I know I should ignore them but when every Finnish critic keeps doing this it's not easy to ignore.

Matt's always been underrated. Finnish critics love to slag Muse off a bit too much and they are also guilty of the endless and pointless and extremely irritating Radiohead comparisons. The worst review even had the guts to say this about Muse: "They can't be serious". That was pretty hurtful. No respect towards their unique talents as musicians and the fact of them making such unique music and having a singer with such an unique voice that no-one would (most likely) ever be able to copy and to have such songwriting talent and to have the charm on stage to blow the audience away even without the cool big effects, rocking the audience only with their instruments. That is a talent. They make music out of love, unlike too many bands these days, and what do they get in return? It makes me sad. I hate the press here because of this. I know I should ignore them but when every Finnish critic keeps doing this it's not easy to ignore.

Johanna, that's exactly how I feel! But no matter how much we think they don't sound alike some idiot is going to come along and make the comparison. Shame on them for not being intelligent enough to realize the beauty that is Muse. Matt, Chris and Dom = legends! :musesign:

Johanna, that's exactly how I feel! But no matter how much we think they don't sound alike some idiot is going to come along and make the comparison. Shame on them for not being intelligent enough to realize the beauty that is Muse. Matt, Chris and Dom = legends! :musesign:

Yeah that's always the case. But it's their loss. They'll regret their words in a few ten years time.

Because Muse WILL be remembered as one of the most special and greatest and most talented and the most kick-arse bands

of our time.

:musesign:

Well I think there a few people guilty of just bumming Muse no matter what they bring out. I actually think Muse have gone downhill since Hullabaloo. I'll probably get a torrent of people disagreeing with me but, meh. They still make great music but they have never re-captured what they had on OOS imo.

I don't think they sound like Radiohead either, in my opinion Radiohead are more innovative and less repetitive than Muse are, but I still prefer Muse. Sick of the pointless comparison.

I've never seen Muse as a band that repeats themselves. The opposite.

In my opinion they keep finding new ways to mix different music styles and make it work. And keep getting bolder as a band too to become more and more different from the mass and from their past with each new album.

Archived