Do You Think Muse Sounds Like Radiohead?

lamia1194

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I agree that early Muse sounds like Radiohead, but that Muse went they way Radiohead should have gone ... but that's just my opinion.

I tend to agree - that Muse have moved in the direction that Radiohead could have but didn't. Muse's sound is much fuller, bigger, better and incredibly dramatic. Thom York could have done what Matt does vocally - but didn't.

I have been saying for years that every now-and-then Muse create a piece that has a "Radioheadish" sound about it. Must admit BH&R has shifted away from the Radiohead sound though.

I agree that early Muse sounds like Radiohead, but that Muse went they way Radiohead should have gone ... but that's just my opinion.

I tend to agree - that Muse have moved in the direction that Radiohead could have but didn't. Muse's sound is much fuller, bigger, better and incredibly dramatic. Thom York could have done what Matt does vocally - but didn't.

I have been saying for years that every now-and-then Muse create a piece that has a "Radioheadish" sound about it. Must admit BH&R has shifted away from the Radiohead sound though.

I think the only similarities muse and radiohead ever had was pablo honey and 'Falling away with you' - other than that, it's like comparing donkeys to monkeys. I love both (muse and radiohead and donkeys and monkeys, too), and I love the fact that their music styles and abilities are so opposite now. Btw, I love Faust Arp on In Rainbows, especially the time sig that seems to make some feel uncomfortable, that and I will are so quintessential thom yorke to me. Muse is more harmonic, less uncomfortable and way more singalong but no less brilliant in their songwriting abilities - and they can do a mean RATM, too, kinda miss that a little.

Can we collectively bury the hatches and band together to plead for a Matthew Bellamy - Thom Yorke duet?? Maybe throw in Tom Morello, and a sharp female vocalist like Bjork, too....

• 5 months later...

Showbiz quite clearly sounds a lot like Radiohead (I think the best comparisson is Overdue and Bones.) But after that I think their sound has changed from what Radiohead have been up to. The only thing where they remain inseparable is where Thom and Matt are in their approaching-falsetto-and-wailing ranges :p

COME ON! You're few years behind. This is an old, old, old joke. Muse and Radiohead both sound different from each other. Muse sounds NOTHING like Radiohead. Radiohead sounds NOTHING like Muse. The only thing in common is that they used to have the same producer. And they both sing like Jeff Buckley, Matt & Thom. Although Matt's voice is stronger than Thom's and Matt can scream and reach those high notes like no other singer AND Muse's music is something you can mosh to. Muse's music kicks ass and includes some pretty impressive guitar/bass/drum riffs. Radiohead's music is more artistic and strange.

End of my statement for the 100th time. *sigh*

When are people gonna leave these pointless comparisons in the past and live in the present?

COME ON! You're few years behind. This is an old, old, old joke. Muse and Radiohead both sound different from each other. Muse sounds NOTHING like Radiohead. Radiohead sounds NOTHING like Muse. The only thing in common is that they used to have the same producer. And they both sing like Jeff Buckley, Matt & Thom. Although Matt's voice is stronger than Thom's and Matt can scream and reach those high notes like no other singer AND Muse's music is something you can mosh to. Muse's music kicks ass and includes some pretty impressive guitar/bass/drum riffs. Radiohead's music is more artistic and strange.

End of my statement for the 100th time. *sigh*

When are people gonna leave these pointless comparisons in the past and live in the present?

plus fucking one my dear, although if you sit and listen to The Bends and then Showbiz you can pick out parts that could well have been stolen - doesn't make Showbiz any worse mind you ;) (lulz I already said this in another thread tonight)

Overdue and Bones do sounds similar, but thats it. This is a very OLD argument. they sound nothing like each other. Muse's music is more rocky and dancy and it's fucking awesome, while Radiohead makes beautiful music, and I think they're better at the soft stuff.

I love both Radiohead and Muse. So I don't see why there is constant bickering between opposing fans.

Muse clear took inspiration from Radiohead in Showbiz (Overdue and Just sound very similar, for instance), but after that, they went completely off in their own direction and Radiohead in theirs.

They're two very different bands but are both great.

Archived