Do You Think Muse Sounds Like Radiohead?

lamia1194

ok, so im a HUGE muse fan, but i love Radiohead too. the first muse song i heard (which was years back) was time is running out on K-Rock. and i thought to myself, "Wow! Radiohead came back with a new song and its great!!" (sry! i hurt muse! lol) of course, know i know better after my science teacher ( i know, can i get any more dumb) gave me their CDs and i really became a Muse fan. at first, i thought they sounded like radiohead, but now, i realize that muse's early stuff sounds a bit like radiohead, but BH&R really doesnt. what do u think? and does anyone else like radiohead?

ok, so im a HUGE muse fan, but i love Radiohead too. the first muse song i heard (which was years back) was time is running out on K-Rock. and i thought to myself, "Wow! Radiohead came back with a new song and its great!!" (sry! i hurt mise! lol) of course, know i know better after my science teacher ( i know, can i get any more dumb) gave me their CDs and i really became a Muse fan. at first, i thought they sounded like radiohead, but now, i realize that muse's early stuff sounds a bit like radiohead, but BH&R really doesnt. what do u think? and does anyone else like radiohead?

I agree that early Muse sounds like Radiohead, but that Muse went they way Radiohead should have gone ... but that's just my opinion.

Showbiz sounds a LOT like Radiohead, that is undeniable.

Listen to Pablo Honey and The Bends, it sounds like Showbiz. There is no argument.

Aside from that, the comparisons disappear. I love both bands equally tbh, though Muse normally do shade it for me.

Listen to Pablo Honey and The Bends, it sounds like Showbiz. There is no argument.

Pablo Honey sounds like all the grunge bandwagon jumpers and alternative mainstream of the 90s.

The Bends was when Radiohead first sounded like Radiohead.

yeah i really like radiohead but i dont think that there is that much similarity in them tbh yeah ok Thom Yorke and Matt can sing really high but Matt can sing higher ( the highest recorded note that Matt has ever sung, extending to a G# was sung on showbiz).

either way i like radiohead and muse and radiohead have been producing songs longer than muse but hey bandz iz bandz!!

Aside from that, the comparisons disappear. I love both bands equally tbh, though Muse normally do shade it for me.

I often wonder what these Radiohead deniers are listening to, unless they're doing the musical version of sticking their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALA NOT LISTENINGQ!!111 You're WRONG!" becaue Showbiz is UNASHAMEDLY influenced by Radiohead.

Not that it's a bad thing, cos Radiohead were awesome at the time and Showbiz is the album that brought Muse into my life and I loved them as Muse, not because they sounded a bit Radiohead.

I often wonder what these Radiohead deniers are listening to, unless they're doing the musical version of sticking their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALA NOT LISTENINGQ!!111 You're WRONG!" becaue Showbiz is UNASHAMEDLY influenced by Radiohead.

Not that it's a bad thing, cos Radiohead were awesome at the time and Showbiz is the album that brought Muse into my life and I loved them as Muse, not because they sounded a bit Radiohead.

hear hear:musesign::happy:

my friend played me a radiohead song (dunno which one, i just know it was off Ok Computer, cos she said that was their best album) and it sounded nothing like muse! Ok, so i'm going by one song here, no, wait, my older sister played me a radiohead tape a while back! I don't remember thinking "hmmm, this is like muse" when i heard it. They're both just very individual.

Archived