One thing that drives me crazy is people who accuse you of "hating" Muse being you are being critical of them or having a debate about an aspect of their work. Is it so hard to understand that you can like a band and not just blindly worshipped everything that they do. And incidentally people who tell you to gtfo and leave the board because you don't love every single thing the band do and voice an opinion other than OMG Muse is the best / Matt is the best guitarist / Muse songs are all great, etc...

One thing that drives me crazy is people who accuse you of "hating" Muse being you are being critical of them or having a debate about an aspect of their work. Is it so hard to understand that you can like a band and not just blindly worshipped everything that they do. And incidentally people who tell you to gtfo and leave the board because you don't love every single thing the band do and voice an opinion other than OMG Muse is the best / Matt is the best guitarist / Muse songs are all great, etc...

i completely understand that...

is just stupid to think that just because is the band that u happen to enjoy the most, you are unable to make a constructive critic...

once i told someone about Matt's "intense" breathing while singing, and she almost stabbed me :stunned:

and i was thinking... wait, i do think sometimes is kind of nice, but in some songs i think is sort of annoying too...

so just because i like the band i should think of them as a divine and perfect thing?

EDIT:I just have to post some of the comments off of Matt's myspace,

"Hi there my beyond perfect, beyond sweet husband!!! What's up for trix, Trixie??? Merci vraiment, thank you oh-so very much for allowing me to use your cell phone. I hope you are having a beautiful day!!! Are you coming home tonight, I hope, please??? :D :-))) I love you, more than love you my sweet Matthew!!! SMOOCHES!!! :-))) :D <3<3<3 xxxoo"

"am getting Chinese food, and you, my sweet, supermassive husband??? I love you, more than love you, my super-cute, sweet Snoopy!!! Please come home tonight... :-))) :D SMOOCHES!!! <3<3<3 xxxoo Love, Annmarie, your wife"

:facepalm:

:eek:...uhhhhhh...yeah...that's way, WAY beyond creepy. I mean, I'll freely admit I find Matt attractive and all, but never in my life would I dream of doing that (don't do the whole "constantly focus on their nether regions" stuff, either). That's insane. And I also agree with those who get bothered by fans trashing the guys' significant others. That's just rude and stupid and cruel and I have no time for that behavior.

I don't have an issue with the slash stuff, so long as it's all goofy fun, but yes, if people take it seriously and see it as some sort of legitimate thing and actually expect the guys to start acting that way in public or whatever, that's strange, definitely. And I do see the point from those who aren't fond of it, either.

The one I agree with the most is the snobby behavior of some people regarding music, be it Muse-related or not. Like whatever you want to like, why should anyone else care where your tastes lie in that regard? And on a somewhat related note, I'd like to add that I'm VERY sick and tired of the constant bashing/arguing related to the whole 'Twilight' thing. If there are people who like them only because of that, and don't bother to investigate the band further, then they'll be gone in a while anyway 'cause it's a fad to them, so it's not worth getting all bent out of shape over. But some people might have that be their introduction and actually get into the band that way, and I see no problem with that. Does it really matter how you discover Muse? Any way the band gets new fans is fine with me.

It's just so pointless, that debate. I'll go on YouTube and see endless streams of arguments and really nasty attacks towards people in regards to this whole thing and it drives me absolutely nuts. Grow up.

Most of these are probably already posted. but i don't really care.

-"belldom" fanatics.

-musers who think they know the band personally.

-muse stalkers.

-people hating on matthew bellamy's current girlfriend out of sheer jealousy, although they will never get matthew bellamy.

-the obsessive fans who post things on their pages daily.

-the fucking nicknames.

-the older musers who hate on teenage musers just because.

-when people bash on musers who discovered muse from twilight.

-the haters who spend their day dissing muse's music.

and the finale.

When Musers act so stupid, obsessive, ignorant, immature, desperate, pretending, annoying that it makes me, a soon-to-be freshmen in high school, roll my eyes. when they're TWICE my age.

:( Laure, this is just going to be another Main Muse vs. Banter battle.

The Musers that make me sad are the ones who are cruel to other board members just because they can be.

I don't like that there are exclusive groups either, it's as if there are cliques even on an internet forum.

I hate when people judge others based off of a few posts. I don't mean judging their opinions, I mean when they assume they know everything about that person from a paragraph they typed.

That being said, I don't like when board member take things too seriously. Yes, it's unfair to have been put down or judged by somebody who doesn't know you, but that's exactly why you shouldn't be overly upset or angry about it. I've had to tell myself this before.

That's about it.

Lots of mainmusers have been posting here and there hasn't been any beef :erm:

So far, which is nice for once. But there's plenty of bitterness :(

I wasn't bashing Laure, I just generally dislike any potential beef. It upsets me, but that's more of a reflection on my life outside of the board.

:( Laure, this is just going to be another Main Muse vs. Banter battle.

The Musers that make me sad are the ones who are cruel to other board members just because they can be.

I don't like that there are exclusive groups either, it's as if there are cliques even on an internet forum.

I hate when people judge others based off of a few posts. I don't mean judging their opinions, I mean when they assume they know everything about that person from a paragraph they typed.

That being said, I don't like when board member take things too seriously. Yes, it's unfair to have been put down or judged by somebody who doesn't know you, but that's exactly why you shouldn't be overly upset or angry about it. I've had to tell myself this before.

That's about it.

Tbh you are the 1st person in 8 pages to mention MM and Banter. This is about all kind of things musers do that annoys other people. I thought it was a bit unfair that there was a thread about what non-muser do... "OMG there are people out there who don't know everything about Muse?" :eek: How dare they?? And this thread is not limited about things on this forum it's about Muse fans in general.

Which reminds me one thing that drives me crazy is people who wait for the band after a gig all spaffing and happy and turn nasty the moment it looks like the band is not gonna come out or stop and complain that they should come. No, you have bought a ticket to see a gig and the band performed, after that if they want to come out and see fans they can if they want to but they don't owe you to come and see you!!

Lots of mainmusers have been posting here and there hasn't been any beef :erm:

+1

I saw seen no beef either.

Tbh you are the 1st person in 8 pages to mention MM and Banter. This is about all kind of things musers do that annoys other people. I thought it was a bit unfair that there was a thread about what non-muser do... "OMG there are people out there who don't know everything about Muse?" :eek: How dare they?? And this thread is not limited about things on this forum it's about Muse fans in general.

There's nothing wrong with the thread itself, it's just that any time Musers criticize other Musers, it seems to always end up that way (MM/Banter). Obviously there will be people viewing the thread who fit any of the categories listed in posts here, which can be hurtful. Not a reflection on you at all, of course :)

You dislike beef? :eek: gfto :phu::p

Some beef is entertaining, just not when it gets personal and offense. In my opinion, that is. I've had a bad serving of beef that got very personal and ever since I've just been put off by it.

There's nothing wrong with the thread itself, it's just that any time Musers criticize other Musers, it seems to always end up that way (MM/Banter). Obviously there will be people viewing the thread who fit any of the categories listed in posts here, which can be hurtful. Not a reflection on you at all, of course :)

Well I'm sorry to say but I think it's quite ironic coming from the first person to bring up mm/banter in the first place :LOL:

Archived