Fans who feel the need to tell the world whenever they've encountered something which is mildly associated with Muse or Muse lyrics.

''OMFG! I picked up a book today and it said 'uprising' and 'resistance' on the first page so I bought it lolololol!!!11''

:facepalm:

Not gonna lie, I was probably guilty of similar offences a couple of years ago, but ironically, joining the board has made me a lesser fan :LOL:

Fans who feel the need to tell the world whenever they've encountered something which is mildly associated with Muse or Muse lyrics.

''OMFG! I picked up a book today and it said 'uprising' and 'resistance' on the first page so I bought it lolololol!!!11''

Not gonna lie, I was probably guilty of similar offences a couple of years ago, but ironically, joining the board has made me a lesser fan :LOL:

well i think that happens a lot...

you get into the forum cause you are like "zomg! i need to talk to people who loves muse like meeh" and even if you dont happen to have any related muse stuff, you look for it.

but then the fanboy/girl thing starts getting odd, and some grow up... some put Matt's last name on their FB account :chuckle:

well i think that happens a lot...

you get into the forum cause you are like "zomg! i need to talk to people who loves muse like meeh" and even if you dont happen to have any related muse stuff, you look for it.

but then the fanboy/girl thing starts getting odd, and some grow up... some put Matt's last name on their FB account :chuckle:

Aye, this is very true :yesey:

Yes, that is crossing the line by quite a bit :chuckle:

And to think we consider ourselves more superior than a Justin Bieber fanbase :LOL:

Aye, this is very true :yesey:

Yes, that is crossing the line by quite a bit :chuckle:

And to think we consider ourselves more superior than a Justin Bieber fanbase :LOL:

Well there's some fetishism towards Matt's hair, and i understand that happens the same with bieber:stunned: So i see a common point there :chuckle:

You've just completed a photo shoot in green skinnies. Admit it you crazy! :fear:

Damnit, you caught me! :'( I only posed with green skinnies so I'd have photos to send to Dom - I'm sure he'd fall for me instantly and ravish me, all thanks to my colourful trousers. :happy:

If you insist on calling yourself "a lesser fan", it's your choice, but I'd prefer saying "a saner fan" :chuckle:

People who assume you haven't been a Muse fan for long just because you only recently joined the forum.

Stalker-ish people.

The lolz thread.

People who make stupid/pointless threads. Particularly in Songs and Releases and Other Muse Topics.

Guest jessychickin
+1

i've seen the "sit the fuck down" thing in so many signatures that is getting really stupid now.

I'm guilty of this... :$

but it makes me lol'z :$:LOL:

Like everyone, there's opposite sides of the spectrum. I like the ones in the middle who can have a decent conversation about Muse and criticise and compliment things. I love walking into a record shop, and talking about bands, because you really connect. I HATE it when I'm talking to people on here, and they're trying to be the "ultimate fan" (:chuckle: at first page) and say "ohh I just watched 30 hours of Muse live concerts on YouTube!!!! What did YOU do today???" uhhh...I sat around at chilled, which is something you should be doing...

and I also hate the people who shun me because I have Muse in my icon and name. I mean, it's one thing to hate recent songs, but it's another to completely hate all fans. I mean that's as closed-minded as the overly obsessed ones who think they can do no wrong.

I think all Musers need to take a chill pill, IMO.

:awesome:, now I feel :cool:

...:shifty: I like Belldom. I read the fanfics. :$

Musers who don't like mullets.

lolwhut? :LOL:

:LOL: This is true.

Even though I'm still guilty of a lot of these things. :shifty:

People who constantly say pwoper.

I never found the jokes about zetas and Matt loving bananas funny, and now they're just annoying.

I found the jokes kinda cute at first, but jokes stop being funny when they're overdone...

The ones that bother me the most are people who are SO obsessed they literally have no life outside of Muse... I can get pretty crazy when it comes to Muse myself and I often find myself crossing the creepy line so I feel kinda hypocritical a lot, but y'know... :erm:

- The unfunny Musers on the Muse LOLZ thread. Some of the stuff on there is hilarious and makes me lurk frequently. The rest of it is pure shit. When a joke falls flat on there, it falls hard and it makes my insides hurt with embarrassment for the person that went out of their way to create such drivel. :$:stunned:

- Girls who objectify the band members. Cropping a picture to show just their butt and other private regions is just weird. And I question whether they really listen to the music at all.

- Muse conspiracy theorists. Not just people that have an interest in conspiracy theories. I enjoy them on some occasions. But those that feel Muse is spreading messages in their music, warnings about the end of the world, etc. and reading deeper into the music than ever intended.

- The unfunny Musers on the Muse LOLZ thread. Some of the stuff on there is hilarious and makes me lurk frequently. The rest of it is pure shit. When a joke falls flat on there, it falls hard and it makes my insides hurt with embarrassment for the person that went out of their way to create such drivel. :$:stunned:

Some of them are pretty crude as well, which is a bit shocking to see in the lolz thread because its supposed to be lighthearted and funny.

Musers who make me crazy, eh?

Basically, all those who've been mentionned:

_the ones who think that Muse are flawless (no, they're not, no one is),

_ the fangirls who think they have a chance to sleep or have a relationship with any member of the band,

_ the fans who think they are superior and call you ignorant because they've knwon the band for longer than you,

_ the fans who use the name Bellamy/Howar/Wolstenholme in their facebook name and who aren't 12 anymore

_ the fanboys who think that because you're a girl and you're at a Muse gig,you have to be a twatlighter (No arsehole, I already listened to rock when you were not even born :rolleyes:)

+1

especially the girls who think that they can sleep with them so they leave all these disturbing messeges to them on myspace...creppy...

:yesey: Belldom fanfic is disturbing, I accidentely found some on livejournal. :vomit: Also I don't find the 'omg Dom and Matt are gay' jokes funny.

+1 What the hell is wrong with those people? :eek::p

Agreed,I know that there are a bunch of jokes on muse lolz and all but I don't find that stuff funny at all ;)

EDIT:I just have to post some of the comments off of Matt's myspace,

"Hi there my beyond perfect, beyond sweet husband!!! What's up for trix, Trixie??? Merci vraiment, thank you oh-so very much for allowing me to use your cell phone. I hope you are having a beautiful day!!! Are you coming home tonight, I hope, please??? :D :-))) I love you, more than love you my sweet Matthew!!! SMOOCHES!!! :-))) :D <3<3<3 xxxoo"

"am getting Chinese food, and you, my sweet, supermassive husband??? I love you, more than love you, my super-cute, sweet Snoopy!!! Please come home tonight... :-))) :D SMOOCHES!!! <3<3<3 xxxoo Love, Annmarie, your wife"

- Girls who objectify the band members. Cropping a picture to show just their butt and other private regions is just weird. And I question whether they really listen to the music at all.

- Muse conspiracy theorists. Not just people that have an interest in conspiracy theories. I enjoy them on some occasions. But those that feel Muse is spreading messages in their music, warnings about the end of the world, etc. and reading deeper into the music than ever intended.

+ 1 to these.

When I look at pictures of Muse, it doesn't cross my mind to look at their crotch. :stunned:

And the lolz thread is very rarely funny.

Archived