Sorry, I dont think I explained it very clearly

Ok. Say there is a thread about Matt and Kate Hudson. Then a few pages in some people will be like "OMG why does everyone care so much??!!" When the whole thread up until that point has been people saying that they dont care, or people taking the piss or complaining about the thread. So no one does actually care, yet people are complaining about people caring... :unsure:

YES! This drives me nuts. A few of them people don't really post in this section of the board that much anyway. So why are they only posting about things they don't care about? :chuckle: It's the same when people post nominations that Muse have got and a few people say they have voted and then someone drifts in saying 'omg musers are so sad rigging polls and awards'

Sorry, I dont think I explained it very clearly

Ok. Say there is a thread about Matt and Kate Hudson. Then a few pages in some people will be like "OMG why does everyone care so much??!!" When the whole thread up until that point has been people saying that they dont care, or people taking the piss or complaining about the thread. So no one does actually care, yet people are complaining about people caring... :unsure:

YES! This drives me nuts. A few of them people really post in this section of the board that much anyway. So why are they only posting about things they don't care about? :chuckle: It's the same when people post nominations that Muse have got and a few people say they have voted and then someone drifts in saying 'omg musers are so sad rigging polls and awards'

Thank you! Both of these annoy me to no end. :LOL:

Fans who analyse everything Matt says.

Like what happened with "you guys are the real fans" thing :awesome:

hahahah

people shouldn't take what Matt says too serious... otherwise we would all be paranoid.

Ehm, that thread was actually a perfect example of what Bliss said, Musers who complain about stuff on the board which doesnt actually happen. 99% of that thread was people going "Get a life, stop over-analysing everything" in 100 different ways.

Eh wasn't there a lot of people in a recent thread (if it's the one I think it is) saying bitchy shit like "he'll never marry her after just X months"

Not exactly what I'd call "not caring".

Anyway, we've been told to stop threads like that now so it won't be a problem in future!

Eh wasn't there a lot of people in a recent thread (if it's the one I think it is) saying bitchy shit like "he'll never marry her after just X months"

Not exactly what I'd call "not caring".

Anyway, we've been told to stop threads like that now so it won't be a problem in future!

I think there were only about two comments like that in the thread. Probably get shot for this, but I found the general taking the piss out of issues relating to a band member's personal life just as bad tbh. But I noticed the rule change. It's probably a good move. Makes it simpler and less open to abuse and unkind comments. :)

More generally, I'm often taken aback by someone suddenly coming on a thread and issuing a tirade against everyone on the thread for comments that haven't been made or at least hardly. I'm like "what, where, who?" :LOL: Sippe and Bliss and the others are right.

I also agree with a-musing that when people make a point of posting that they don't care, it's not particularly neutral. If they really didn't care they wouldn't post.

Like what happened with "you guys are the real fans" thing :awesome:

hahahah

people shouldn't take what Matt says too serious... otherwise we would all be paranoid.

I am paranoid :shifty::ninja:

Seriously, though, half the stuff Matt says is nonsense anyway! :LOL: Just laugh and move on people!

Now here's a perfect example of what I said before.

Thank you for proving my point.

You're welcome! :rolleyes:

I meant it in the context of this thread, though. I was agreeing with brainwashed about how people who take all of Matt's comments seriously are annoying...I just didn't want to say 'I agree.' 'cause that's boring. :p

I meant it in the context of this thread, though. I was agreeing with brainwashed about how people who take all of Matt's comments seriously are annoying...I just didn't want to say 'I agree.' 'cause that's boring. :p

That's exactly what I meant. "I was agreeing with brainwashed about how people who take all of Matt's comments seriously are annoying" is like 2-3 people of the whole thread about the subject, the other hundreds are people who say "why does everyone care so much?"

Point is, no one cares that he said it. It was like a few people who got upset in a moment of heat. It's nothing that people seriously argue about.

That's exactly what I meant. "I was agreeing with brainwashed about how people who take all of Matt's comments seriously are annoying" is like 2-3 people of the whole thread about the subject, the other hundreds are people who say "why does everyone care so much?"

Point is, no one cares that he said it. It was like a few people who got upset in a moment of heat. It's nothing that people seriously argue about.

At the time they were, though. :erm: There was a big twitter explosion of people going "OMG I can't believe he said that he suckzzz!" I've not actually been on the thread...

Annoying people are those who say, don't take anything Matt says seriously because he talks shit all the time :LOL: because he honestly doesn't! :p

that's why people should be smart enough to select what they can or can not believe...

That's what I don't like about some musers, they think they know not just the band, but Matt, Dom & Chris enough to talk and talk non stop about things that they shouldn't been talking about.

All those threads, and FB groups and twitter post are created by fangirls and fanBoys that don't have a life, and believe that for some divine reason they are the ones to decide what a band member that they don't even know (in a personal level) should do.

:fear: now i'm upset.

:chuckle: no, i'm not.

How do you know?

Well it's easy to know actually, because a lot of what he says is backed up by other sources. It makes sense. Also people seem to think that just because things don't always turn out as he says he relation to what they do musically, it means he was lying in the first place, when actually time and circumstances change things and there's not, to my knowledge, been anything that can't be explained by that.

He's also got a very good dry humour that I, on the whole (not always :D), understand which allows me to, more or less, differentiate between when he's being serious and when he's not.

Consistency is the key. He's on the whole very consistent in the things he says and does. :)

And yeah (I'm going to go all fangirly now - it's the wine) - he's lovely! :happy::LOL:

that's why people should be smart enough to select what they can or can not believe...

That's what I don't like about some musers, they think they know not just the band, but Matt, Dom & Chris enough to talk and talk non stop about things that they shouldn't been talking about.

All those threads, and FB groups and twitter post are created by fangirls and fanBoys that don't have a life, and believe that for some divine reason they are the ones to decide what a band member that they don't even know (in a personal level) should do.

:fear: now i'm upset.

:chuckle: no, i'm not.

I'm not sure what you're getting at tbh. I do agree with you though that it's not for a fan who doesn't know what's going on for them personally to dictate to them about what they should be doing in their lives.

I'm not sure what you're getting at tbh. I do agree with you though that it's not for a fan who doesn't know what's going on for them personally to dictate to them about what they should be doing in their lives.

basically that...

but the first part was about what you said "Annoying people are those who say, don't take anything Matt says seriously because he talks shit all the time because he honestly doesn't! "

i think you're right about that, what i was trying to say is that those ones who take what Matt says too serious or think that is pure shit sould be smart enough to know if he is doing one or the other... but instead they just make a whole deal about it. (in most of the cases)

I generally don't like it when people take what I like and like it to the point of saturating the air around me with it. It's fine and well being a Muse "obsessive", but you don't need to obsess everyone else with them too, even if they're hardcore fans themselves.

At Dublin O2 Depot there was this girl behind me who was ranting away about them, and even though I agreed with a lot of what she said, (such as Origin being the best and how they should play more oldies) the aloof sort of "I know this because I am a fan" way that she said it made me hate her so much. (Plus her accent was terrible)

I know I was at a Muse gig, and I know this is a Muse board, but at the end of the day it's merely a great thing to love a band, and not the be-all and end-all.

I generally don't like it when people take what I like and like it to the point of saturating the air around me with it. It's fine and well being a Muse "obsessive", but you don't need to obsess everyone else with them too, even if they're hardcore fans themselves.

At Dublin O2 Depot there was this girl behind me who was ranting away about them, and even though I agreed with a lot of what she said, (such as Origin being the best and how they should play more oldies) the aloof sort of "I know this because I am a fan" way that she said it made me hate her so much. (Plus her accent was terrible)

I know I was at a Muse gig, and I know this is a Muse board, but at the end of the day it's merely a great thing to love a band, and not the be-all and end-all.

THIIISSS. Obsession kind of runs in my family, and there's certain topics I just always hear about. For hours, days, years in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CONVERSATION. I know I love Muse enough to be able to do the same thing, but I try not to because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. And in that way, how is it any different from say, people trying to convert you to their religion on the street?

Also, people that treat Muse as a religion bother me, too. Maybe because I still believe in God and stuff but calling Matt "God" really annoys me... Godlike maybe. :eyebrows::chuckle:

As for the Matt thing, I do think people exaggerate how much of what he says is wank... but yeah... um... I actually don't have much to add so I don't know why I'm saying anything. :$

basically that...

but the first part was about what you said "Annoying people are those who say, don't take anything Matt says seriously because he talks shit all the time because he honestly doesn't! "

i think you're right about that, what i was trying to say is that those ones who take what Matt says too serious or think that is pure shit sould be smart enough to know if he is doing one or the other... but instead they just make a whole deal about it. (in most of the cases)

Ah I understand now, and yes, I agree!

• 3 weeks later...

actually, i know i've posted on this before but i take it back

the musers who make me crazy are the one who CONSTANTLY PICK AT OTHER MUSERS FLAWS and point out what they don't like about them.

seriously? this is about the band, stop getting your knickers in a bunch about this. it doesnt even matter, mind your own business or gtfo.

Archived