So I saw this thread "The Non-Muser who make us CRAZY " and it got me thinking about things that Muse fans do that makes me cringe...

I don't think I am the only one feeling like this so this is a thread for people wanting to vent and share some of the weird/strange/cringing behaviours from other Muse fans that makes us crazy.

Okay I'll start:

I srsly hate people on FB who put the names Bellamy / Howard or Wolstenholme as their last name :noey:

I could understand this coming from a 10 or 12 year-old but anybody above that age sorry but :facepalm:

Okay I'll start:

I srsly hate people on FB who put the names Bellamy / Howard or Wolstenholme as their last name :noey:

I could understand this coming from a 10 or 12 year-old but anybody above that age sorry but :facepalm:

Totally agree with that! It's just silly.

I hate that a lot of Musers are very elitist about music. "If you don't like Muse, you suck and have bad taste." No, they just have different taste! It would be a boring world if everyone liked the same band anyways. Imagine the queue for Muse if everyone liked them!

So I saw this thread "The Non-Muser who make us CRAZY " and it got me thinking about things that Muse fans do that makes me cringe...

I don't think I am the only one feeling like this so this is a thread for people wanting to vent and share some of the weird/strange/cringing behaviours from other Muse fans that makes us crazy.

Okay I'll start:

:LOL:

well, i dunno. there are plenty of things i shake my head at.

but pointing them out on a fan forum is something i'll avoid doing i think.

i prefer to cringe/complain/point the finger/laugh at people when they are actually at concerts :LOL:

"I WILL STALK YOU TIL DEATH !!"

being the obvious exception of course :LOL:

The Musers who can't take one bit of critisism of their precious band, everything Matt does is godlike etc. - and on the other hand the Musers who only like Showbiz and are determined everything after that is pure crap. :chuckle:

Yes those people on either side makes it hard to have a rational conversation about the music, performance, etc...

Guest jessychickin

When Musers hate you because you don't love & adore every single one of their songs. I remember having a conversation with someone last year just after The Resistance came out, and I said that I wasn't the biggest fan of Guiding Light, the guy nearly beat me! :stunned: I was only stating my oppinion :$:p Some people are too protective of Muse, its not like they own them!

The Musers who can't take one bit of critisism of their precious band, everything Matt does is godlike etc. - and on the other hand the Musers who only like Showbiz and are determined everything after that is pure crap. :chuckle:

Too true!!

I think the people who think in order to be cool you have to hate on the band are probably the ones that annoy me the most, followed closely by the ones who think you can't criticize them. Can haz middle ground? :supersad:

Seriously, though... some people just like to listen to the band all the time, there's nothing wrong with that (especially if it's a new obsession), there are some people who think they are the best band around, there are some people who really do like all of their songs at least a little, there are people who enjoy the live shows even with the same old setlist. Those people shouldn't be mocked or spoken of as though they are somehow stupid for having the gall to speak positively about Muse.

Meanwhile, there are other people who like the band but it's not their favorite, people who like some songs and hate others, people who are bored with the live show, people who rarely listen to muse anymore, and there's nothing wrong with them. They're "allowed" to be fans, too.

But on a different, less serious note the whole "zomg maffoo/dommeh" stuff gets to me a bit. It's usually young teenage girls so I give them a pass, we were all young once, but it makes me cringe. I mean, the occasional joke or whatever is fine, but sometimes it's just a bit too much :stunned:

All of them. How can I like anyone who has even a slight incling of like for that pathetic excuse for a band? :phu:

So you hate me? :supersad:

:'(

Musers who make me crazy, eh?

Basically, all those who've been mentionned:

_the ones who think that Muse are flawless (no, they're not, no one is),

_ the fangirls who think they have a chance to sleep or have a relationship with any member of the band,

_ the fans who think they are superior and call you ignorant because they've knwon the band for longer than you,

_ the fans who use the name Bellamy/Howar/Wolstenholme in their facebook name and who aren't 12 anymore

_ the fanboys who think that because you're a girl and you're at a Muse gig,you have to be a twatlighter (No arsehole, I already listened to rock when you were not even born :rolleyes:)

There are probably other ones, but I can't think of them right now.

All of them. How can I like anyone who has even a slight incling of like for that pathetic excuse for a band? :phu:

I don't know why but your post made me think of this :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQfpLoI5FQ

But on a different, less serious note the whole "zomg maffoo/dommeh" stuff gets to me a bit. It's usually young teenage girls so I give them a pass, we were all young once, but it makes me cringe. I mean, the occasional joke or whatever is fine, but sometimes it's just a bit too much :stunned:

What is really :stunned: is when you discover that some of those people are actually adults.

:stunned:

:chuckle:

But you used a programme to see what your and Matts babies would look like so you make me CRAZY :phu::LOL:

Yeah, but that's different... I actually am going to meet Matt and have his babies. I've got a plan worked out for when I'm in London. Ole KHud won't know what hit her, and when the dust settles, he will be MIIIIIIIIIIINE!!! muuahahahahaaaaaaaa!

Musers who make me crazy, eh?

Basically, all those who've been mentionned:

_the ones who think that Muse are flawless (no, they're not, no one is),

_ the fangirls who think they have a chance to sleep or have a relationship with any member of the band,

_ the fans who think they are superior and call you ignorant because they've knwon the band for longer than you,

_ the fans who use the name Bellamy/Howar/Wolstenholme in their facebook name and who aren't 12 anymore

_ the fanboys who think that because you're a girl and you're at a Muse gig,you have to be a twatlighter (No arsehole, I already listened to rock when you were not even born :rolleyes:)

There are probably other ones, but I can't think of them right now.

oh geez, that's like my biggest fear... that someone is going to see my muse fanhood and assume I must like sparkley vampires :noey:

Archived