Line 6 Pod X3?

faptdivers

I used the search bar but it`s literally shit (said with a British snoby accent *shait*)

Are they worth it , do the wah`s really sound like *shait again* , can you dial in Absolution era Bellzor , are they gig worthy?

You're thinking of "shite", which isn't "snobby" English at all.

The X3 is decent and yes it is gig worthy, the wahs are good, whammy is awful and Matt's sound on Abso is overrated and not that great, don't know why anyone would want to emulate it.

All you kids looking to find the next peddle to have a bit of fun with - buy a multi effects pedal, and learn how to use effects, and which effects you like. You might learn that the multi is just right for you. You might learn that you'd like a specific single peddle. You might learn that you'd rather just play clean. At least you'll learn what your sound is instead of trying to just find the next fun toy and/or accomplish X unachievable sound.

I guess I cant spot an octaver when I hear one. Does Chris use an octaver to get a low and high sound simultaneously or only high and only low? because I cant spot it...

The only instances I can recall sounds like octave down mixed with clean. I've never heard of him using an octave up effect, but then I did stop listening to them when they got shit.

You recommended me a few months ago to get a multi, can you recommend about a specific multi?

I do beleive I recommended one of the cheap Zoom ones, because they're very good value for money. You can buy them cheap, learn about effects, gig with them, use them as a usb audio interface, and sell them on for not much less if you don't like it. In fact, buy one used and you'd probably not lose any money.

I have a B2.1U on my board. In fact, just to make a point about multi-effects snobbery i've attached a pic of my old gigging board. Also, Karnivool, who have some of the most amazing tones ever have Boss ME pedals on their boards, which IME have been a bit on the toss side of multis, yet they use them to great effect.

board.thumb.jpg.7bd4235681bc1bc3399a439a0c4cae99.jpg

well, I wouldn't know, i've not had the pleasure. I think the main point is to not avoid gear just because it's a multi.

It's like chosing gear based on a name. I played a gig with a guy the other day who had the standard TE 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 stack. He was shocked when I said we didn't want to borrow his rig. He came round mine after for beers and laughing gas, and I asked him "so, were you surprised at the bass sound coming out of our peavey combo?" and his answer was "no, I just don't like the sound of Peavey gear, peavey is a shit make IMO". No matter how much I pressed him on it he was adamant that our bass tone (I play the drums for this band) was just that "peavey sound".

There's no such thing as a peavey sound IMO and he was letting his eyes cloud his ears.

Archived