The lyrics for FAWY always drove me insane with the sweetness. I almost got a toothache. I don't think they're all that bad, but something in that song puts my teeth on the edge.

"I can't remember when it was good

Moments of happiness elude

Maybe I just misunderstood

All of the love we left behind

Watching our flash backs intertwine"

eeeeee *cringe*

I wouldn't go as far as hideous. He's a long way from being as bad as "She's so lovely".

To be honest I prefer the actual music over lyrics generally anyway. Which is why I like Muse so much, Matt's voice is more of another instrument than anything.

EDIT @ Clunge. Whoops.

Obi: Yes, actually. Space Dementia is a case of me enjoying Matt's voice as more of an instrument. The lyrics aren't bad but they're not special. The music, overall, is.

Citizen Erased I will concede as one of Muse's songs in which they excel at everything.

I liked Invincible. The lyrics aren't very Muse, but I still liked it. I didn't like Starlight tho.

Muse > Radiohead

Radiohead has good lyrics, but the songs are too slow/take too long to get to the good parts for me. I'm like :stunned: *skips*. Their faster songs are very good though. 2 + 2 = 5, Just, The Bends, Paranoid Android

I liked Invincible. The lyrics aren't very Muse, but I still liked it. I didn't like Starlight tho.

Muse > Radiohead

Radiohead has good lyrics, but the songs are too slow/take too long to get to the good parts for me. I'm like :stunned: *skips*. Their faster songs are very good though. 2 + 2 = 5, Just, The Bends, Paranoid Android

What does that mean the lyrics aren't very Muse? By definition, any lyric Matt writes is part of himself. You can't pigeon-hole him.

"glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstar sucked into the supermassive"

seriously wtf??:stunned:

Lol, thats one of my favorites! Love the way he sings Supperstar...

But anyway, guess the worst lyrics are from pink "shit" box and Fucking motherfucker.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've only been doing it recently. I can't stand Radiohead or their fans.

I still don't really get the Muse><Radiohead argument. They don't sound much a like to me, and I love both. Furthermore, have you ever listened to a Radiohead song before? "Karma Police" and "Creep" are their most famous and brilliant songs. And look at this article, the very last one :LOL: we're mentioned there as well

http://www.theyorker.co.uk/news/music/6671

Guys what everyones problem with STARLIGHT AND INVINCIBLE????:eek:

i think they are awesome songs with freakin amazin lyrics???

someone please explain here!!!

The lyrics to Starlight go "Hold you in my arms, I just wanted to hold you in my arms....I'll never let you go, i've you promise not to fade away..." I mean i love the song, I do, but lyrically it's terrible. Awfully repetitive.

Can we just settle this by saying Bellamy's a rubbish lyricist?

:eek: Let's not go THAT far...

Because Muse fans can never be arrogant and annoying. No siree.

They definitely can be, but Radiohead fans take it to a whole different level. Yorke could rip a fart on stage and the crowd would erupt in applause at how brilliant his ass trumpet skills are.

On topic though, Sober has some of the worse lyrics ever.

They definitely can be, but Radiohead fans take it to a whole different level. Yorke could rip a fart on stage and the crowd would erupt in applause at how brilliant his ass trumpet skills are.

:LOL:

Overdue is the worst for me. The lyrics don't make any sense to me.

Muse fans are definitely obsessive, but I agree, Radiohead fans are worse. We obsess over the silly things, the fucking pwoper fish video, while Radiohead fans wouldn't acknowledge any other band on the planet as "good". But we can admit...please let us admit...that Radiohead does have loads of talent..:rolleyes:

Muse fans are definitely obsessive, but I agree, Radiohead fans are worse. We obsess over the silly things, the fucking pwoper fish video, while Radiohead fans wouldn't acknowledge any other band on the planet as "good". But we can admit...please let us admit...that Radiohead does have loads of talent..:rolleyes:

Have you actually MET a Radiohead fan, even on the internet?

Yes, how could you doubt me? :supersad:

Well I'm just wondering about the possibility of that statement. Does this mean that all Radiohead fans only listen to Radiohead, or that they all think that what they listen to isn't good, except for Radiohead?

Archived