Anyhow, back on topic, Muse's worst lyric would have to be

"The good news is, she can't have babes and wont accept gifts from me"

Like wtf?

Sorry Matt ily

I hate to be the "Your opinion is wrong" guy but...yeah.

Worst lyrics for me (apart from "Our love is forever" etc.) would be something from Coma. Probably the "We can fall right out of bed" bit.

"And our hears combined like a Neutron Star Collision"

:vomit:

well, at least it's emotional and honest. the man was going through some difficult times.

wtf is "stretch it like a birth squeeze" ??! :eek: or the stuff about not being able to have babies and what good are they for? or "I'll sell your memories for 15 pounds per year"?

don't even get me started on half the showbiz... Royal Canadian blended, the spicy aroma had mended me? played in every toilet?

or the absolute winner - i'm young, but i know when i'm aroused?!?! :LOL:

well, at least it's emotional and honest. the man was going through some difficult times.

wtf is "stretch it like a birth squeeze" ??! :eek: or the stuff about not being able to have babies and what good are they for? or "I'll sell your memories for 15 pounds per year"?

don't even get me started on half the showbiz... Royal Canadian blended, the spicy aroma had mended me? played in every toilet?

Yeah, but the early lyrics are funny because he was probably wasted when he wrote them and they don't really make any sense. The newer are just plain cheesy.

"I'll sell your memories for fifteen pounds per year" - Basically the person speaking is a dick, sort of a devil character. People sell their souls (or memories in this case) to them for an extremely cheap price and false promises ("But you can keep the bad days"). Makes perfect sense and is one of my favourite lyrics.

"I'm young but I know when I'm aroused" - I'm assuming it comes from the typical theory and mindset that young people don't know when they're in love, Matt's saying "Yeah, I'm young but I know what I'm on about".

"The good news is she can't have babies" etc. - It's just a very dark song, only someone with a very dark or evil mind would say something like that. The "What are they for? They'll just grow up and break the laws we've loved" bit, I've assumed, is just saying how often people grow up to be bad people (so, essentially, why give birth to them?).

"Played in every toilet but you still want to spoil it" - This talks about going through horrible situations to try and achieve an ultimate goal, only for someone to not care of the effort you've made and squander your hopes.

"Royal Canadian blended, the spicy aroma had mended me"

now that's the lyrics that will never make any sense to me. really, I love Muse but this is just a big stinky WTF. somebody care to explain please?:stunned:

He's just talking about self medicating. Getting drunk made him feel better. It's Canadian Whiskey.

wtf is "stretch it like a birth squeeze" ??! :eek:

Yea, he really fucked up on that one. If he's referring to a labor contraction, those squeeze but they don't stretch. They, um.... contract. Then again he was what, 20 when he wrote that? I certainly don't expect him to have known anything about childbirth at that point in his life.

I guess the angsty lyrics can be better than the newer, corny lyrics of love most of the time. Showbiz lyrics don't really make much sense, but you guys explained it well. Thank you. But OoS lyrics are all good for the most part, even though they're angsty. But some of TR lyrics just weren't that deep I guess.

"She attacks me like Leo, when my heart is split like Rio." Doesn't make sense to me.

Not really OT, but I think it's kinda lame for the lyrics to have the name of a different song, in another song on the same album. Example, "Guiding lightning strike." It's either coincidence, or Matt ran out of ideas? I don't know.

Not really OT, but I think it's kinda lame for the lyrics to have the name of a different song, in another song on the same album. Example, "Guiding lightning strike." It's either coincidence, or Matt ran out of ideas? I don't know.

Don't forget including the name of your own band in the same song ಠ_ಠ

Archived