Haha same here, every gig I go to I seem to get stuck behind someone whos over 6ft and its just really annoying.

Im not too worried about queuing really, you got 3 support acts, plenty enough time to squeeze down the front...or near

But they put the barriers up, can you shuffle down the sides and get past them...?

Maybe Lilly allen was a blessing in disguise - a lot of people won't bother going to see her so you could get a good place at the front whereas Biffy + White Lies are pretty good (well Biffy moreso) so it'll get full quicker.

I just rung them, the number on my tickets mean they're for the disabled area but it's on the pitch. Down in the floor.

Lower than people standing?

Not going to see much from there am I, does anyone know where I can buy a periscope?

They'll probably have a platform for you :) Sticking the disabled seating at the back of the standing without a platform would be total fail! The GA tickets also include level 1 seating, so if all else fails you might be able to make your way to some decent seats...? :unsure:

i'm sooo excited now! just waiting on my alien!!! i'm looking forward to seeing you all there crazy cats ;) i really hope i get barrier...at greenday the people at barrier just looked so much more reaxed and ti was about 2 rows back caught up in what people who went now fondly call death corner..it was insane! when my friend started fainting we crowd surfed out (it was really fun haha) and then went round to the back of the golden circle but SEEING AS THERE ISN'T ONE that wont be an option! and it was so much easier to partay at the back aswell!

I dunno, generally I agree with you but I've had people trying to pull me off the barrier/be a general dick and hope I'm too weak to take it because I'm a woman. How do I know it's because I'm a woman? Because I've heard people say "rough them up a bit and these girls will be crying in no time" and "I'm going to get this bitch off the barrier!" - what shocked me was both these comments came from men/boys. It shocked me because when I was new to gigs when I was in my early teens, it was generally men/boys who helped me if I fell down or couldn't see so they'd let me in front of them. Generally I've found female gig-goers to be more feral though, dunno why.

I've had that too but I'd much rather take them on with a few well placed elbows, than possibly being suffocated standing (I'm really short). I've also had people try to feel me up too, that's really not pleasant. But people around tend to be good and help you out in situations if you just make it clear you're uncomfortable.

Most of the bad times I've had have involved drunk people. I don't understand why people would queue and pay a significant amount of money to merely piss people off and not really remember the night.

I've had that too but I'd much rather take them on with a few well placed elbows, than possibly being suffocated standing (I'm really short). I've also had people try to feel me up too, that's really not pleasant. But people around tend to be good and help you out in situations if you just make it clear you're uncomfortable.

Most of the bad times I've had have involved drunk people. I don't understand why people would queue and pay a significant amount of money to merely piss people off and not really remember the night.

Its disgusting how people can behave like that at a concert (and elsewhere too) why not ust enjoy yourself and let others too. I'm quite short too so if anyone is going to try to be funny with me, then I'm not giving up without a tussle... :ninja:

But when I saw Serj Tankian, most of the people there were heavy metallers. Huge guys wearing lots of leather and studs, and they were some of the nicest people ever. When I had come back from the cloakroom they let me back in (and some even showed me) where I had been standing, and then later on when I wanted to go to the back a lot of them moved out the way. That was a nice crowd :happy:

Its disgusting how people can behave like that at a concert (and elsewhere too) why not ust enjoy yourself and let others too. I'm quite short too so if anyone is going to try to be funny with me, then I'm not giving up without a tussle... :ninja:

But when I saw Serj Tankian, most of the people there were heavy metallers. Huge guys wearing lots of leather and studs, and they were some of the nicest people ever. When I had come back from the cloakroom they let me back in (and some even showed me) where I had been standing, and then later on when I wanted to go to the back a lot of them moved out the way. That was a nice crowd :happy:

Same when I went to Sonisphere last year, the place was full of metal heads and they were the loveliest people I have ever met!

Is there going to be a golden circle like last time at Wembley? I'm sure it's been answered before but I can't be bothered to read the whole thread. :LOL:

I need to work out what time to arrive.

Is there going to be a golden circle like last time at Wembley? I'm sure it's been answered before but I can't be bothered to read the whole thread. :LOL:

I need to work out what time to arrive.

No need to read through the whole thread, just look at the first post, first page :)

:rolleyes:

Amzing how many people don't ever think that maybe the answers are all in the first post...

anyone know what the policy will be for bringing your own food in? I'd rather not have to spend loads of money on shit food I don't like.

Also, I remember Wembley saying last time that bags and umbrellas weren't allowed but I ended up seeing loads of people in there with them...

Anyone been to the Greenday/Coldplay etc gigs and know what the regulations are? Thanks!

No need to get arsey about it...

I didn't mean to but can you imagine how many people here can't be bothered to read he first page?

Lots of users here can't even be bothered to answer then and I can totally understand. Same questions again every day...

OK guys, I have a scenario that may be construed as repetitive but please don't bite me.:$ The seller I purchased my tickets from on eBay has fallen off the face of the earth, or for some other reason has not replied to for a couple weeks. Paranoid (justifiably, I guess) creature that I am, I had ordered a backup ticket for this date through Ticketline in May to have shipped to me in the US. Well, they didn't ship it, they sent it to the ticket office to be picked up. I called and e-mailed Ticketline and they won't tell me the gate. They also gave me mixed information about when I can pick it up. I tried to call Wembley today but they seemed kind of confused and said to try to call back tomorrow. So, just to clarify before I dive into another pricey international call:

-Is it the case that I cannot pick up the ticket until the day of the show? TL told me I can pick it up any time during box office hours, but then in another email said I can't pick it up until an hour before gates day of show. I don't understand why I can't pick it up Thursday. I paid for it in May; they should have shipped it to me. I know, I know that whine's been whined, sorry.

-Has anyone else been able to get the box office to give them the gate letter on the ticket? If I knew that, I could still queue all day then have someone hold my place for 15 minutes while I get the ticket. I really, really don't want to wait until an hour before show to get in a damn line. Ticketline wouldn't give me that gate, all they'll tell me is where to find the ticket office (wow, thanks).

Yes, I should just call the box office and ask these things, and I will, but if anyone else has been down this road specifically and has advice for me, it could be very helpful in saving me a bit of runaround when I do call.

I was wondering what the security is like at the stadium? Is it just a matter of a quick bag check or do they have something stricter? :unsure:

EDIT:

OK guys, I have a scenario that may be construed as repetitive but please don't bite me.:$ The seller I purchased my tickets from on eBay has fallen off the face of the earth, or for some other reason has not replied to for a couple weeks. Paranoid (justifiably, I guess) creature that I am, I had ordered a backup ticket for this date through Ticketline in May to have shipped to me in the US. Well, they didn't ship it, they sent it to the ticket office to be picked up. I called and e-mailed Ticketline and they won't tell me the gate. They also gave me mixed information about when I can pick it up. I tried to call Wembley today but they seemed kind of confused and said to try to call back tomorrow. So, just to clarify before I dive into another pricey international call:

-Is it the case that I cannot pick up the ticket until the day of the show? TL told me I can pick it up any time during box office hours, but then in another email said I can't pick it up until an hour before gates day of show. I don't understand why I can't pick it up Thursday. I paid for it in May; they should have shipped it to me. I know, I know that whine's been whined, sorry.

-Has anyone else been able to get the box office to give them the gate letter on the ticket? If I knew that, I could still queue all day then have someone hold my place for 15 minutes while I get the ticket. I really, really don't want to wait until an hour before show to get in a damn line. Ticketline wouldn't give me that gate, all they'll tell me is where to find the ticket office (wow, thanks).

Yes, I should just call the box office and ask these things, and I will, but if anyone else has been down this road specifically and has advice for me, it could be very helpful in saving me a bit of runaround when I do call.

I was told by seetickets that my ticket would not be available the day before because the box office wouldn't have them yet or something like that. I've seen some mentions in this thread of the tickets being available at noon, but I think the official word is that they're available at 4PM (which is what I was told and what other people here have been told)

There is a bit of confusion about the whole thing, but I really wouldn't count on being able to get the tickets any earlier than maybe noon the day of the show.

anyone know what the policy will be for bringing your own food in? I'd rather not have to spend loads of money on shit food I don't like.

Also, I remember Wembley saying last time that bags and umbrellas weren't allowed but I ended up seeing loads of people in there with them...

Anyone been to the Greenday/Coldplay etc gigs and know what the regulations are? Thanks!

I'm so eating nutri-grain bars in the queue! :awesome: There is a McDonalds nearby though, i think...

I was wondering what the security is like at the stadium? Is it just a matter of a quick bag check or do they have something stricter? :unsure:

normally just a quick bag check...if at all....have seen a few gigs there and I guess its luck of the draw...:)

I was told by seetickets that my ticket would not be available the day before because the box office wouldn't have them yet or something like that. I've seen some mentions in this thread of the tickets being available at noon, but I think the official word is that they're available at 4PM (which is what I was told and what other people here have been told)

There is a bit of confusion about the whole thing, but I really wouldn't count on being able to get the tickets any earlier than maybe noon the day of the show.

Even if it's noon, that makes me quite mad ... I had plans to queue up early early ... I mean, I realize that's life and I'm not the only one suffering (I just discovered the See tickets gripe thread), but this was really special to me. I'm guessing if they don't print them out until the day off, they can't tell me the gate, either. I'd be happy with just knowing the gate.

I've managed to get screwed by an eBayer AND an official ticket broker, for the same show. That's almost magical.

Even if it's noon, that makes me quite mad ... I had plans to queue up early early ... I mean, I realize that's life and I'm not the only one suffering (I just discovered the See tickets gripe thread), but this was really special to me. I'm guessing if they don't print them out until the day off, they can't tell me the gate, either. I'd be happy with just knowing the gate.

I've managed to get screwed by an eBayer AND an official ticket broker, for the same show. That's almost magical.

:( I'm so sorry to hear that, that really does suck and I can empathize with you. Last year I bought a ticket for Bham gig for 80 pounds... ticket never came and the seller mysteriously disappeared and no refund :( its like I'll pay extra because its MUSE but don't screw me over!

I hope you get a good view :happy:

normally just a quick bag check...if at all....have seen a few gigs there and I guess its luck of the draw...:)

Sounds good :) They did an actual pat down at one of the gigs I went to in the spring (of course that was a gig that's kinda in the ghetto so...)

Yeah, it's really irritating that you can't get the gate info early :rolleyes: I really see no need for it....

btw check the fans across the atlantic thread - there's someone who might be able to sell you a ticket!

I'm planning to grab some lunch on arrival in London before I check in at my hotel, but Id like something later and as Im not sure they will have a veggie/vegan stall in there I'm planning on taking a little food in. As far as I know they don't allow food in but I shall only take something small like a wrap/sandwich in, won't need a lot, can eat it before I go in if they won't allow it in. I did take food into Marley then saw they had a veggie food stall there so would of been ok! I shall buy 1 drink in there make it last.

I shall only take a small poundland brolly if its wet weather for getting there/queue, will take waterproof jacket - they say no umberellas on the website and no large bags. I take the small drawstring bag as you can have those flat on your back. Am going for a seat so it wont be in anyones way.