Jump to content

MUSE FORUM SHUTDOWN !!! 🫣😨😨😰😰


Recommended Posts

Oh c‘mon no!!!!!!!!! 
 

yes, there are hardly people here, but I‘m sure when the next album/tour happens, many will come back!! 
 

It‘s legendary , it‘s an institution!! 
 

😭😭😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

😧 this feels like i've just heard about the passing of a long forgotten uncle :( i'll always have memories of refreshing every 5 seconds to learn what they were playing that night in tokyo

Fuck i've been here that long i'm a woman now!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember joining in 2015, yes a bit late … but I „lived“ with the messageboard, the build-up to Drones here was fab! Getting home from work, 10-15 or more pages to read back , trying to catch up 😅 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll blame Microsoft. It's not them, but, you know, bandwagons and all.

I don't know what it takes to run forums and moderate them but clearly someone feels it ain't worth it. 

Next up Muse disbanding...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Or Warner ? Idk … I guess it‘s economicanlly not sucessful … 

I‘d run it if you give me enough skills, free time, money, nerves .. 😅 

the biggest fault was the server-change some years ago, many couldn‘t log in anymore, we had to make a new account and it was stressful to make a new account, many gave up and said fuck it! Sadly .. 

 

plus the constant logging out after, like, 5 days ? ..

Edited by Claudia O
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The board had its time...and what a wonderful time it was. Feels like a lifetime ago posting in the buzzing YMT threads. I hope it can be archived, and I wish one day I could read the ooooold threads that are long gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it odd that this forum died, even with the bizarre move to Invision. It Had they stuck with UBB the forum would at least would be viable as an archive. Considering the forum has been around for nigh on 25 years, it's a bit sad  to see it go, unarchived as if it never happened.  I guess this is punishment for the fanbase not buying enough £130 boxsets with increasingly diminished value for money.

Pretty miserable that it's been replaced by  Reddit  which is basically for people who can't understand how to use search engines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reddit is …. 🤢🤮 sorry not sorry. It looks like DOS,  we had it before Windows and that stuff … yes, I learned how to use Dos in school, I‘m old I know lol 

It‘s a shame … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TomWillett97 said:

The board had its time...and what a wonderful time it was. Feels like a lifetime ago posting in the buzzing YMT threads. I hope it can be archived, and I wish one day I could read the ooooold threads that are long gone.

Do not despair.  There is always the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to go back in time...

https://web.archive.org/web/20240405062238/https://forum.muse.mu/       Captures from 2019-2024 

https://web.archive.org/web/20130404054324/http://board.muse.mu/archive/index.php   Captures from 2005-2019

https://web.archive.org/web/20130405094730/http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=74673    OG Chart History Stats for Muse from 2010 to 2018 which I accidentally deleted a few years ago

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Reddit is …. 🤢🤮 sorry not sorry. It looks like DOS,  we had it before Windows and that stuff … yes, I learned how to use Dos in school, I‘m old I know lol 

It‘s a shame … 

Genau! I took courses in BASIC and COBOL in the early 80's.  Now and in the future it is AI and quantum computing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Silentgod86 said:

I find it odd that this forum died, even with the bizarre move to Invision. It Had they stuck with UBB the forum would at least would be viable as an archive. Considering the forum has been around for nigh on 25 years, it's a bit sad  to see it go, unarchived as if it never happened.  I guess this is punishment for the fanbase not buying enough £130 boxsets with increasingly diminished value for money.

Pretty miserable that it's been replaced by  Reddit  which is basically for people who can't understand how to use search engines.

Yeah quite the slap to have switched to Invision then have Invision shut down, forcing the board to shut down. No one's left to run another migration which is understandable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the way social media has changed can possibly be blamed for this place being dead but I reckon that migration taking FOREVER (from what I recall, the best part of a year?) didn't help. So many people just stopped checking this place as part of their daily routine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe we get something else , maybe there‘s a plan we don‘t know about yet, another space and place like this, on a new platform …. 
 

„irony off“ …. dream on … :logic:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...