New single „Ghosts“ feat. Elisa

Claudia O

Yeah, a little disappointing that this duet is just adding the second singer’s vocals to the already existing song. But I suppose the vocals for a lot of duets aren’t recorded with both singers in the same studio simultaneously. Would be great if they get to do this live together on a few stops this tour. 

It reminds me of those Laura Pausini duets  from the 90s. I could see this getting some radio play. For sure in Italy, but maybe beyond as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, Elisa's voice suits better because more powerful. Mylene's voice can't rise enough in the chorus and it sounds a bit flat for my ears. And like you I prefer Matt only 🙂 I hope it's the last collab, I'm afraid when I read on YouTube comments fans asking for others in so many languages (Spanish, German, Serbian, Japanese, Portuguese...) 🤣

• Like 1

Dutch lyrics submitted for duet with (insert talented singer):

Now and then
My mind drifts to a place where I find you
Lost in my head
There are unsolved feelings that haunt me
It's too late to heal
I'll lay them to rest

How can I move on
When everyone I see still talks about you?
How can I move on
When all the best things I have we made together?
Here's to letting go
But I am lost in a void with your ghost and our memories
Lest we forget
The great reset

Als je terugkwam dan
Zei ik de woorden die ik je nog moest vertellen
Ik maakte het goed
En jij zou me dan kussen en ook vergeven
Ik weet dat het niet kan
Ik laat je gaan

En hoe ga ik nou door
Als iedereen om me heen over you blijft praten?
En hoe moet ik nou door
Als het beste in mij door ons samen gemaakt is? 
Ik moet je laten gaan
Maar 'k zit hier vast met je ziel en het beeld van ons samen
Ik ben zo bang
Dat ik ons vergeet

How can I sleep with this coldness beside me?
How can I sleep with this coldness inside me?
I know I can't bring back your love

How can I move on
When everyone I see still talks about you?
How can I move on
When all the best things I have we made together?
Here's to letting go
But I am lost in a void with your ghost and our memories
Lest we forget
The great reset

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post, just wanted to comment (I'm feeling a bit fucked and come on here whenever I'm feeling washed out by the world.)

Anyway, I really enjoyed this song (prefer the solo version 2bf, it's got a cool classical sound). It's very honest, and lyrically its the best constructed on the album.

I've used music as a framework to explore this strange planet throughout my adult life. I'm hugely attracted to songs that put the writer's heart on show. Pain transcends into something else entirely throughout this number... art. Storytelling is there too, which is sometimes something that Muse could do better at.

I read the Apple Music article that told me Matt was just kind of fucking about on the piano for this one, and presumably penned the lyrics to fit the piece. I wonder if that process should be something that they try and do more of? Like, put personal lyrics into a piece of music, rather than write around themes?

The sound in this song really suits the band. Music always makes a difference to people's lives, but when a writer is concerned with fitting lyrics into a preconceived idea, it shows. That idea could be as simple as a branding thing, as in trying to predict where music is heading, or it could be hitting onto overarching themes that don't fit into song as a medium. Music from the heart is soul food, and I want to hear more  Ghosts.

Last one like Ghosts was Exo-politics, another fine tune (chronologically). Thing with showbiz is it becomes the answer in itself. Folk get into music for various reasons, but generally musicians love music. Love. No matter how skilled, hypothetically a musician is making a contribution to an artform they adore . Not constructing a monument to their talent. That's what makes good musicians voices so incredibly special methinks- they inject their loving souls into the lives of others. I'm babbling now so I'll go and try and talk myself into trying to snooze. Probably after I've listened to the rest of Black Holes. Knights of Cydonia presents a strong counter argument to what I've just said. Suppose a balanced album should consider loads of things, just ignore these posts I'm mashed.