UK Tour Announcement

maturefan

11 hours ago, MUSEologist said:

.😷

Still, as czuczu said, cheaper than Milton Keynes. I've only ever played ice hockey there so never experience the Bowl, thankfully it seems.

It's a good venue but vastly underused. Been many big stars there over the years.. Michael Jackson, Bowie, Robbie Williams, Jon Bon Jovi and many more. 

The good thing is where ever you are you get a great view. 

They've been trying to sell it off for years for redevelopment. Most big gigs are at the Milton Keynes Stadium nowadays.

Still, great gig for me - walking distance!!!!

I'm so happy, just got my tickets for Milton Keynes , looks like we might be sleeping in the car though 🤪

I did panic as it said my card was invalid , then ran out of time, told to try again , put same details in and it worked ???

I hope you have managed to get the tickets you wanted.

Signed up for seats at Plymouth, block 14. Hoping we are not too close to the stage / speakers to make it a good spectacle!
Going to this one because I don't let anything get in the way of Glastonbury and the other dates all overlap. Will be in the south west in late May and late June.
Something different, haven't visited Plymouth since 2010.

Not expecting as good a view as we had in the seats in Bristol last time, but fingers crossed. £121 is a lot for any gig but from looking it appears to be my third £100+ gig over the next year. They obviously don't think a lot people are suffering financially at the moment. I'm doing alright but trying to think of others.
I remember none of REMs stadium shows sold out in 2008 and put the recession down as a prtial factor, you could of course say they were not the force they one were at that point.
Muse have tended not to be that expensive compared with peers from memory, and if it sells out they would say "what's the problem?".

Also got a cheap hotel booked across the harbour.
Edited by Belisha Beacon

With the uncertainty of any kind of Arena tour perhaps Autumn/Winter 2023, which I would much prefer, I decided to go against my natural hatred of the Bowl and go for it for logistical reasons.  Last time I went there it wasn't too bad parking somewhere near the train station and walking down to the bowl.  Easy enough to get onto the M1 or A5.

Technically Milton Keynes is the south but it's as good as a Midlands date we're going to get.

It would have been easy enough for me to buy 2 tickets yesterday as I looked and was surprised I could still do it around 5PM today.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, VXman said:

Well - you can probably sit on the grass if you stay further back - nicely sloped for good views.

I did that years ago for Robbie Williams. If you're not bothered about the band looking like the Borrowers, the slopes are great. Getting out of the car park is another matter though, it's horrendous!

I'm waiting to see if there'll be more UK dates announced. Muse have done this before, a few dates in random venues, then a decent stadium tour.

On 9/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, graciegirl said:

I did that years ago for Robbie Williams. If you're not bothered about the band looking like the Borrowers, the slopes are great. Getting out of the car park is another matter though, it's horrendous!

I'm waiting to see if there'll be more UK dates announced. Muse have done this before, a few dates in random venues, then a decent stadium tour.

I have been in London last May.  The real fan does not want to go to a stadium tour with 70000 people who only come for songs like Mercy.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, Belisha Beacon said:
Signed up for seats at Plymouth, block 14. Hoping we are not too close to the stage / speakers to make it a good spectacle!
Going to this one because I don't let anything get in the way of Glastonbury and the other dates all overlap. Will be in the south west in late May and late June.
Something different, haven't visited Plymouth since 2010.

Not expecting as good a view as we had in the seats in Bristol last time, but fingers crossed. £121 is a lot for any gig but from looking it appears to be my third £100+ gig over the next year. They obviously don't think a lot people are suffering financially at the moment. I'm doing alright but trying to think of others.
I remember none of REMs stadium shows sold out in 2008 and put the recession down as a prtial factor, you could of course say they were not the force they one were at that point.
Muse have tended not to be that expensive compared with peers from memory, and if it sells out they would say "what's the problem?".

Also got a cheap hotel booked across the harbour.

Muse is so much worth the money. Ten years ago I payed about 50 euros for them *standing). In a few years the prices have gone up and have doubled.  In 2018 I payed about 90 Pounds for a set at the RAH for Muse.  Last May I have seen them at the Apollo, what was it also about 100 pounds. Have been to many concerts from them, across Europe.  If ever i can see them, I dont complain about the price, I just go. It's a shame that I cant go see Muse in my country in oktober. Bot hey, I'm there in Plymouth next year.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone.  I don't go on here much these days.  When no London date was announced I was very disappointed.  I have ME/Chronic fatigue syndrome and can't go to big venues without a companion.  My husband came to see Muse with me a few years ago when they played an intimate gig in Newport, South Wales (it was wonderful!) a few years ago as it's only 12 miles from home but he won't travel to see them.  My son is in London and has been to three gigs there with me but it's too difficult for us both to get to any of the gigs this time around.  As (bad) luck would have it my health has deteriorated in the last few months so I'm praying they will come to Cardiff next time as that is where I live.  We have a great stadium and I don't think they've been here since 2012.  I wasn't a fan then so I missed that one.  Fingers crossed!

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2023 at 7:54 PM, blubb0r said:

so in 4 weeks it will be Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, maybe something in Italy and something in Skandinavia?

107 GBP for a standing ticket in the o2 is pretty damn expensive

Hope so much they will also announce Amsterdam Ziggo Dome for next fall... Otherwise I will be tempted to go to the UK again.

Just checked price for my standing ticket for the O2 in sept 2019: 75 GBP