Wireles systems for guitar

OneWhoGoes

Hi,

I'm quite akward so I'm always stepping into the guitar cable and stuff, so I thought, like I have wireless keyboard, mouse or headphones, why not do the same with the guitar?

But what I'm not willing to do is to spend an insane amount of money just for a little confort thing. So, I've seen in thomann there are wireless systems starting at 100€ like this one:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_tws16pt_800mhz.htm

My question is: Are these good enough for an amateur usage? Is there any noticeable tone loss, or any kind of static noise? Any other cons?

Thanks in advance

If the guitar is good and the components and you have a good set of locking tuners and the quality of a good guitar setup is done correctly, then you should have a pretty good stable development well, depending on your style and gaming techniques, ect. sources used in climate change, and ect.

Spamming spambot is spamming.

depends what kind of level you're playing at. as your budget is small im guessing its entry level? you should find that the cheap wireless kits are fine for general use.

if you have 'special' pedals like the fuzz factory or other slightly non standard models, they might throw a fit if connected directly to the wireless receiver, but generally pedals are fine with them.

you might find a lack in clarity of your tone with the cheaper wireless kits, due to a smaller bandwidth used to transmit the audio wirelessly. how much you heard it (and care about what its doing) will likely depend on what quality amp you have and also how trained your ears are at recognising nuances in your guitars tone.

generally, for entry/low level use, the cheap wireless kits are pretty fine. they may not be reliable enough to play an important gig with (issues with signal strength, interference and blocking), but at low level venues, the sound at a venue is not likely to be so good that it will change your sound in a massively detrimental way (wireless kits DO sound worse than cable).

i have a mid/low level shure wireless guitar kit, which does the job fine in my experience. i think its a shure PG14. i have used it for a few gigs where the stage was large and i wanted the freedom of a wireless pack, and have tested it in my practice space, with good results.. i'd say i would rely on it.

i know its not the same, but we use wireless in ear monitoring at every gig. we dont mind using these all the time, as it wont affect the sound quality of what the audience hears. the bassist and i have a fairly good quality system (forgot which one) and the sound is fairly free of noise. however, our singer had a wireless system that was very cheap, and it showed. the signal was full of buzz and background hiss etc, which made it hard to listen to. im not sure if the guitar transmitters are the same, but id probably try and test one (or at least get someone who knows what theyre talking about opinion) before you buy.

Thanks for all the information.

Also, I had assumed they would be digital (minimizes interferences and respects more the original signal), but the cheapest digital one is Line 6's 400€ one! It seems weird to me since my wireless headphones are also digital and cost like 90€, I don't know why that huge price.

And amazingly, anything cheaper than those 400€ you only have UHF, which is a big no for me, of course, as you said, with this you would not get cable quality.

So in conclusion, unless digital ones come cheaper, it's not worth for me.

Is it the Line 6 relay series? G30, G50, etc.. The G30 is only 300 bucks here. I can't believe it would go from approximately 170 (can't make pound sign on keyboard) to 400 just because you are in the UK.

Edit: Boom

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/40644-line-6-relay-g30-wireless-guitar-system.html

I have the G30 and its a great unit. I bought 2 transmitters so I can put them on 2 different guitars for gigs and haven't had a single issue with sound quality. Also, they run on AA's and my rechargables last at least 2 gigs. I only run them for one though.

Is it the Line 6 relay series? G30, G50, etc.. The G30 is only 300 bucks here. I can't believe it would go from approximately 170 (can't make pound sign on keyboard) to 400 just because you are in the UK.

Edit: Boom

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/40644-line-6-relay-g30-wireless-guitar-system.html

I have the G30 and its a great unit. I bought 2 transmitters so I can put them on 2 different guitars for gigs and haven't had a single issue with sound quality. Also, they run on AA's and my rechargables last at least 2 gigs. I only run them for one though.

Yes, it's that one, and you are right, I read 385€ when it's actually 285€:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_relay_g30.htm

but still damn expensive from my point of view. There are wireless 2.4 GHz headphones for 30 dollars:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-CV-890-2-4-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B000CCMXVA

I know it's not the same quality and purpose, but still it's the same technology, not worth it for me, as I'm an amateur player and it's just for comfort purposes, I'm not doing gigs.

Archived