2022.06.03 Rock am Ring/Rock im Park

blubb0r

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Silentgod86 said:

Thought Contagion is back?  Christ alive....

I know, fucking hell I had hoped that had died a horrible death!

Rest of the set though (apart from the glove which I have pretended didn’t happen) was great, and KOBK yes!!! 🤘🏼

Edited by frankly_tart
  • Like 2

Just watched the whole thing. Great energy. I love Matt’s vocals, not sure if it’s on purpose, but it seemed like he was doing much more of his old vocal squeeze and less of the fauxperatics. MoTP sounded impeccable. 

Now if they’d get rid of the Drill instructor, the weird shit with the glove and swap out Thought Contagion with something else, they’d put on a perfect show. 

• Like 1

Don’t mind the sarg, bit of fun before Paycho, but Thought Contagion, Pressure and Madness can get in the bin. I’m not saying ‘bring back three old classics’, just bring back three actually good songs. Dark Side for TC, idk, Handler or Reapers or Dead Star for Pressure, and Dead Inside for Madness. Done.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clunge said:

Don’t mind the sarg, bit of fun before Paycho, but Thought Contagion, Pressure and Madness can get in the bin. I’m not saying ‘bring back three old classics’, just bring back three actually good songs. Dark Side for TC, idk, Handler or Reapers or Dead Star for Pressure, and Dead Inside for Madness. Done.

Yeah, Dead Inside for Madness would help too. Dark Side is one of their best recent tracks, but I’m not sure they were able to do it justice live. I think live Pressure (which I don’t care for on the album) packs more punch. The Groove would be my ideal replacement for that one (as if). 

I wonder if they keep Thought Contagion because it fits the theme of the new album. If that’s the case, Animals would be a suitable replacement. Maybe not a festival favorite, but a fan favorite everywhere I look. 

Pressure though sounds far too much like WOTP to stick around though, imo. And I always thought Animals landed quite flat live, was quite surprised when it turned up again on the Psycho Tour. Just bring Hyper Music back. Sorted.

• Like 1

Also: they cut Madness from the (above) stream, which looks like an edited post-show version rather than exactly what went out. Anyone know why? Matt's voice sounded a bit ropey in places, for sure. He was struggling with TIRO and watching Citizen now, he struggled a lot with the higher chorus notes in the chorus too.

Not sure why Madness was cut, I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary during the live stream. Tbh, I wish they would drop it completely since Matt doesn’t even try the chest A4s now but I suppose without them it does make the song one of the easiest songs in the entire set. 

Matt’s voice was really noticeable at this gig I thought. He started pretty well but those high falsettos on CE, TIRO and PIB were not pleasant to listen to, it looked like it was causing him a lot of discomfort. I’ve not seen him struggle that much since those dreaded 2014 shows when he had laryngitis. Oddly, he seemed okay by Knights which has lots E5s (like TIRO) and they were fine (or, as fine as they’ve been since his vocal decline began). 

Gotta give it to him for the rest of the set, he was giving it his all. First pro-shot I’ve watched all the way through in a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them on-stage again. 

I was at the barrier at Rock im Park as always and it was magnificent. Great crowd, great sound. Matt and Chris could've used the stage a bit more, but honestly, I haven't felt alive like this in 3 years. Was quite surprised they didn't play Mercy, it's such a great festival song. The guys were great, Matt's voice was amazing, I loved the visuals and stage design. Anything would made me happy after such a long time without concerts, but damn, they continue to blow my mind every single time.