Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, Jobby said:

I think it’s a combination of knowing things like that just aren’t true in the first place (I’m pretty sure there’s interviews you can find where they talked about consciously choosing to leave off the strings, and is Matt trying to imply that transition was like an accident or something? lmao) and it just feels kinda shitty/rude to imply that this version of the album and these details that people treasured all these years wasn’t actually the intended ‘proper’ version, which they’re now restoring. It feels...idk, maybe delegitimising is the word.

It wouldn't be Muse if Matt wasn't talking out of his arse half the time though, so at least there's consistency there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

:srsb33f:

🤔unfamilliar with this .. meat ... srs=sorry? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A snippet from Microcuts ... understandable lyrics, a harpsichord, cuts off right before „IIIIII‘VE SEEEEN...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

🤔unfamilliar with this .. meat ... srs=sorry? 

serious beef  :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the CE remix. It doesn't replace the original, but listening to it felt like I was discovering it all over again. Definitely sounds a lot cleaner, and the guitar reminds me of the live version.

What I miss the most are the sirens at the end. I do love the strings that come out in the remix, but the ending doesn't feel as powerful.

The Megalomania remix sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the rest of the album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Megalomania sounds great! I alway thought that one missed the depth it deserved. Much better layering now, in both the loud and quiet bits, though the drums in the loud bits suffer from the same issue as the CE remix.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

Megalomania sounds great! I alway thought that one missed the depth it deserved. Much better layering now, in both the loud and quiet bits, though the drums in the loud bits suffer from the same issue as the CE remix.  

Yeah it really does sound great. I always felt like the pipe organ needed so much more space than the original album gave it, and the remix has made it so much more grandiose. The strings too were greatly improved.

Edited by knightofcydonia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Positive: I love the strings and that you can hear the organ much better! It is cleaner. There‘s a bass which fits perfectly!

Negative: the loud drums. Matt‘s gasping for air and you can hear his mumbling of the lyrics better. 

For me it‘s a different song now, with a different feeling to it. Reminds me of the RAH performance 😊

Edited by Claudia O
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, Meg actually sounds pretty great for the most part. Outro in particular really lets those vocals shine in a brill way. Strings are a bit heavy at the start for me and I feel like the organ could be just a hair more prominent. Mainly just the drums again though, is that gonna be a recurring thing? It’s not as bad as CE at times but they just sound flat in comparison to everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CE is great, but there are some stylistic changes that will be hit or miss for some people (clean guitar tone change, outro strings, missing phase sounds in outro).

But Megalomania IMO just sounds better in every way. The bass in the chorus is SO good. Previously could only hear that in live performances. I don't feel like I'd honestly have any reason to listen to the OG mix of Megalomania now but original CE will still serve a purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Positive: I love the strings and that you can hear the organ much better! It is cleaner. There‘s a bass which fits perfectly!

Negative: the loud drums. Matt‘s gasping for air and you can hear his mumbling of the lyrics better. 

For me it‘s a different song now, with a different feeling to it. Reminds me of the RAH performance 😊

It’s interesting they’re leaving Matt’s gasps in. Perhaps it would be too much of a deviation from the original album to edit those out now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mildly surprised Matt's gasps were left in! I don't have an issue with them personally but they seem like something that would be on Matt's chopping block!

Gotta say I'm loving this version of Mega! I'm a little ashamed to admit it but this is one track that I've always considered objectively great but didn't pay much mind to but the strings are a small addition but add a lot imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, the new Megalomania sounds lifeless to me. I really don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jobby said:

Aye, Meg actually sounds pretty great for the most part. Outro in particular really lets those vocals shine in a brill way. Strings are a bit heavy at the start for me and I feel like the organ could be just a hair more prominent. Mainly just the drums again though, is that gonna be a recurring thing? It’s not as bad as CE at times but they just sound flat in comparison to everything.

Yeah. I’m worried about the drums. If the drums in Hyper Music, New Born and Space Dementia end up with the same issue, any improvements to those songs will basically be wasted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 5:31 AM, Timbo59 said:

Idk, the new Megalomania sounds lifeless to me. I really don't like it.

I haven't listened to Megalomania in years and this has renewed my interest. The new intro is very good. Also the first guitar solo in CE XX sounds like the one from 2001 Le Zenith concert, so I figure it's totally legit. All of these are using original recordings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a set of vinyl around release time… 2 digital downloads were included of CE and Megalomania… I received the link to CE and downloaded that fine but Megalomania is still showing as pending… anybody else know anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clip of Microcuts just got posted. Its nice to have something new but seems like the bass got neutered in this mix. But that additional vocal is ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7TOd9-CDKQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Clip of Microcuts just got posted. Its nice to have something new but seems like the bass got neutered in this mix. But that additional vocal is ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7TOd9-CDKQ

Hard to judge from the YouTube vid how the bass will turn out in the end, but in comparison to the original it definitely sounds like they pushed it to the background. That would be a shame, the simple bouncy beefy bass line is essential.  Did they announce when they’ll release the full version? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

I think tonight at midnight. I read that on their fb (I think it was fb, but was posted somewhere recently) but it didn’t have a time zone. 

Ah yes, just saw the Instagram post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...