LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

9 hours ago, kueller said:

They've been pretty much on the cusp of releasing something for some time now it's just a long wait until it finally happens.

It’s been so weirdly silent, I hate it. You knew they’d been doing stuff but never any idea where along the timeline they could be. Now suddenly some noise and it feels like we’re almost done loading.

Part of me likes it though. First time we’ve gone into a new Muse cycle with literally no idea of a direction/sound.

If they’re mixing now and their stylist has just started new work…would a single as early as next month be crazy? Album by Feb/March? I’m defo expecting Psycho Tour 2 after the long layoff btw (though maybe not the same level of rarities). Oh, and an acoustic set in my back garden next week.

edit: as if that Algorithm Squad account is still vague posting like they’re ITK after all this time, people called them out within the first 2 weeks of existing

Edited by Jobby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Jan single and March release I reckon

Gonna feel so foreign when things kick off and Muse…exist again?

Man if there's even an ounce of truth to this then merry christmas to me! And agreed, after a bizarro couple of years, it feels like time has stopped entirely. New Muse may be what I need to feel like things are back to normal (relatively).

On 11/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, Jobby said:

edit: as if that Algorithm Squad account is still vague posting like they’re ITK after all this time, people called them out within the first 2 weeks of existing

Algo Squad just really promotes their own community events so that's fine I guess.

I can see something early next year. Also they do have gigs lined up right? If those happen they're sure to play something new there. It's the kind of shows where they usually do. At least they used to. As if there's any sense of normalcy anymore.

9 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Hm… they could play new songs at the festivals BEFORE they‘ll be released, like in the early days ! Would be refreshing .. but on the other hand, new songs before would be great as well 🤔

They do still play songs before release sometimes, just been very sparse since T2L. Only Reapers and Mercy (to a private audience) for Drones and then none for Sim.

The album’ll definitely be out before the current festival dates. Just depends if/what they book earlier in the year, I’m definitely expecting some shows in the run up.

18 hours ago, kueller said:

Algo Squad just really promotes their own community events so that's fine I guess.

Yeah, usually. After the mastering pic came out, I just saw them start up again with a bunch of “soon” / “very soon” / “Muse single soon 👀” posts that made me roll my eyes a bit.

Edited by Jobby

MUSE HAVE MADE DEATH METAL POP. THIS IS NOT A knee jerk overreaction, I’m FINISHED (in a good way).

Bury me with LP9 + tour tickets

edit: I’m actually nearly crying over Muse making a fucking Charli XCX djent track

How the FUCK is this being sung live with those screams????????

????

Edited by Jobby
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lew99 said:

Did anyone else hear that song Matt teased on his instagram... sounded heavy af.  Almost Architects sounding on the riffs

I swear, if I hadn’t already seen and listened to the snippets I honestly would’ve thought you were poorly trolling, loool!

That said… HOLY MOTHERF**KING GOD

I mean, I should’ve expected them to go in a somewhat heavier and rockier direction among the several possibilities… but THIS HEAVY?? Totally not. 
I’m going to listen to the whole thing before judging if I really like it or not, hahaha (I confess I have a soft spot for the poppier sound they managed to pull out in ST, minus one or two tracks you may guess).

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Would it be irrational to say “pls don’t let LP9 have Covid/vaccine conspiracy lyrics”?

On a more wistful note, there are so many old voices and faces I wish I could be seeing reactions from now that have vanished into the mist 💔

• Sad 1

Bear in mind, it was a live video which has gone now … 🥳 to the lucky ones who saw it , thx to the ones who saved and posted it … but the others who „only“ check the official accounts missed out .. I believe when it‘ll be officially released, or snippets will be available on their accounts, or here, many will come back. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Claudia O

59 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Would it be irrational to say “pls don’t let LP9 have Covid/vaccine conspiracy lyrics”?

The thought crossed my mind as well. The boys are entitled to their opinions and conspiracies are kind of their thing but an anti-vax album would bum me out.

As for the song: the production sounds promising. Not a metal head but they usually have a diverse sound so I’m not worried about it. Still, new Muse to ring in the new year has me absolutely elated!

Wait that live snippet was a new Muse song??? My dad randomly stumbled on that yesterday and showed it to me and all I heard was downtrend riffing and screaming and someone (Matt's son maybe?) head banging in the passenger seat... I figured it was just a random metal band the kid was into. This is NEW MUSE????

I'm stoked. Better than a usual Christmas present from them for sure! On the count of conspiracy lyrics... I think if Matt were an anti-vaccine, anti-lockdown sort of person he would've been very loud about it and probably would've persuaded the band to do some shows as soon as possible. I think judging from his past politics he's probably on the better safe than sorry end of the spectrum. So I would think any pandemic related lyrics are going to be inspirational (i.e. Get Up And Fight) or maybe based in conspiracies about the virus' origin. I would be very surprised if there were no lyrics specific to the pandemic. ... frankly I'll be a little surprised if the whole thing isn't a covid concept album. When's the last time Matt didn't write a whole concept album about world changing/ending events? OoS?

Edited by Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out

Ok. I have thoughts.

- Lyrically it sounds like Matt Bellamy by numbers. Which in CoVid times probably means “they” are probably controlling us through a plandemic and “we” (Hollywood yoga moms and dads) won’t stand down.

- Musically: Bring it! Sounds like it will at least be entertaining.

- Lastly: Is he driving and filming? If so, please don’t. That’s how silly teenagers die. Middle aged parents should know better. 

3 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

Ok. I have thoughts.

- Lyrically it sounds like Matt Bellamy by numbers. Which in CoVid times probably means “they” are probably controlling us through a plandemic and “we” (Hollywood yoga moms and dads) won’t stand down.

- Musically: Bring it! Sounds like it will at least be entertaining.

- Lastly: Is he driving and filming? If so, please don’t. That’s how silly teenagers die. Middle aged parents should know better.

He's in a Tesla, so good chance he has autopilot on. And secondly, its not like hes looking through the viewfinder of the camera. Easy enough to hold an object in the air and drive with one hand. Hell I don't film while driving but I rarely drive with two hands on a straight highway. Who does that?