LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

On 3/15/2020 at 9:16 AM, Claudia O said:

I hope everyone is fine .... 

It‘s getting serious in Austria ... I hope every country in the world is going to realize that this pandemic is a serious problem and takes action immediately !! Wake up !

edit: forget about buying those damn tons of toiletpapers 🤦‍♀️

I never knew what people did with all of those rolls. Did they play with them and use them for crafts? If they used them for the toilet, their septic systems and pipes really love them. 😂

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Pretty sure they still store them for worse times 😉

I sure hope so, I have seen people buy a bunch and sell them online and in person to other people for really ridiculous prices. The police have had to step in, because they are reselling items, and it is not legal to do that, especially for that high of a price. 

• Confused 1

As stated previously, going to try to remain optimistic but now that we're almost two months out from WSD, I can say definitively that it doesn't do it for me. Not saying it's bad but I cannot see myself listening to it again outside of the context of the album. And that "will of the people" chant has me bracing myself for Drones Pt 2. Not that it's my place to say whether or not that's a good thing but it wouldn't be my first choice. 

WITH THAT SAID, there's nothing quite as exciting to me as a new album rollout (coughAndTourcough). Are we expecting an announcement tomorrow or should I lower my expectations? 

21 hours ago, Claudia O said:

This looks like a hoax, right? The songs are the words the fans found out from the engravings, release date … so late?? 🤔

https://genius.com/albums/Muse/Will-of-the-people

Seems fake to me. Only 8 songs, and Won't Stand Down as the closer? I know Muse have definitely made some unusual decisions in the past, but I just don't think Matt, Chris, and Dom would feel satisfied with WSD as the last track on an album with so many epic closers under their belt. (even T2L has a great closer) Definitely fan made jumping the gun if for that reason only. I have no doubt that all of those are song titles, and I do wonder if maybe there are a few other song titles people haven't quite found yet or are discounting among the other words written on that possible album cover. Also, August release date... I feel like if they were touring this summer the release would be in April or May so they could play the album. If it is released as late as August, Muse are being one of the most cautious bands about getting back on the road "post" covid. I just don't see a tour without a new album to promote happening.

Compliance out March 17!

"Compliance is about the promise of safety and reassurance sold to us by powerful entities during times of vulnerability. Gangs, governments, demagogues, social media algorithms & religions seduce us with misleading untruths and comforting fables. They want us to join their narrow worldview in exchange for obedience and turning a blind eye to our own internal voice of reason & compassion. They just need our Compliance." (Matt)

Oh my...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

Compliance out March 17!

"Compliance is about the promise of safety and reassurance sold to us by powerful entities during times of vulnerability. Gangs, governments, demagogues, social media algorithms & religions seduce us with misleading untruths and comforting fables. They want us to join their narrow worldview in exchange for obedience and turning a blind eye to our own internal voice of reason & compassion. They just need our Compliance." (Matt)

Oh my...

Taking a deep breath and telling myself not to assume i know what he's referring to but "wont stand down" "will of the people" and "compliance" feel very buzzword-y to me.

58 minutes ago, svenisms said:

I actually don't know what that refers to but will look into it. I'm nervous! 😅

Actually, the nuttery around the Great Reset, Klaus Schwab and the WEF seems to be more highly concentrated in the Netherlands, where I consume most of my social media comments from strangers. So here's an early observation when the whole thing was fresh. As online conspiracy theories do, this has since gotten way more outlandish than this article describes, but it's a start. https://theintercept.com/2020/12/08/great-reset-conspiracy/

Edited by That Little Animal

Also, I think Matt's problem with writing about some of this conspiracy theory nonsense is not so much the interest in it or writing about it, it's the completely opaque way in which he does it. It doesn't read or sound like someone questioning it, challenging it or debating it, it reads/sounds like someone espousing it which is more problematic.

• Like 1