LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

• 3 weeks later...

I remember a discussion about it, but maybe on Twitter. 
i read that some thought that it says „to war“ which I hope it is not 😮😳 

I can see the German word  „Wort“ in it, which means „word“ 😅 

Maybe it‘s the name of the album? 

Edited by Claudia O

23 hours ago, Claudia O said:

I remember a discussion about it, but maybe on Twitter. 
i read that some thought that it says „to war“ which I hope it is not 😮😳 

I can see the German word  „Wort“ in it, which means „word“ 😅 

Maybe it‘s the name of the album? 

On Facebook someone commented “To War” and Muse liked the post. I think if that’s what the album is called then they may end up rebranding it all? Would they still release it as it is if war was in the name of the album title….

I was also thinking touring wise this will have thrown everything up in the air again. 

• 2 weeks later...

IX and Will Of The People on Dom’s face, that confirms the album title for me. The rest are song names I bet - can see Won’t Stand Down, Euphoria, Ghosts on Chris. Die on Matt’s face and others I can’t work out.

Edited by frankly_tart

5 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

There are words engraved on the bottom of the base of their faces, rumours are those could be song titles…

I can't see much on the first 3 but the last looks like the same symbol thing we saw before right?

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

😱😱😱 …. anybody else recognizes „The beautiful people“ by Marilyn Manson???  Or do they sing „The will of the people“ but def the music of Manson‘s  song  🤔

100% thought of Beautiful People but they're definitely saying "will of the people" - please dear god don't let that be a part of any song....wishful thinking. It's a song lol.

Also may have been said but that letter puzzle thing that people saw tons of letters in from WSD video. It's definitely WOTP = will of the people.

EDIT: Damn it now I'm trying to find it, but somewhere we had a discussion on that acronym on the car hood from WSD and the leading guess was "WOTP" and when reading that my first guess was Will of the People. I thought we discussed it here but may have been a FB comment because I can't find my post on it. This isn't the first time I've called Muse things way ahead of time either by pure luck or just having some unseen connection to the bands Psyche lol.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

😱😱😱 …. anybody else recognizes „The beautiful people“ by Marilyn Manson???  Or do they sing „The will of the people“ but def the music of Manson‘s  song  🤔

If that last shot is the album cover then that's me sold. Looks sick.

Mmmmmmm, I'm liking the orange desert, it reminds me of the shots I've seen of the Sing For Absolution video, and also just OoS's album cover.

Will Of The People then! I wonder what direction Matt's going with this...

Those gang vocals do sound a lot like the Beautiful People by Marylin Manson, and I can't fathom that Matt, Chris, and Dom wouldn't be able to hear that, so hopefully it's going to be used to some clever effect rather than just lovingly referencing MM's music now that he's eh... you know.

Anyway excitement!!!

1 hour ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

100% thought of Beautiful People but they're definitely saying "will of the people" - please dear god don't let that be a part of any song....wishful thinking. It's a song lol.

It IS 100% the Beautiful People. 

I liked it better when they borrowed entire chunks from Rachmaninoff or John Williams. Marilyn Manson is not a step up. 

• Like 1