LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

3 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Yes, and on a car, instead of a Mercedes star. I saw a screenshot. 

Thinking about it, the Mercy video was at an organisation! you could be right, and I think the video will be continued, like the ones from ST maybe? 

Come to think of it, that Drones 2 comment might not be far off regarding the music videos.  I think it's safe to say the videos are going to be worth following!

8 minutes ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

It was also on the jacket of one of the characters in the music video. Could it be the name of some organization? Could this be another concept album?

The cult in the video is called the Zolulia Army or something, doesn't fit the monogram. Think it's a safe assumption that it'll be the album title for now.

8 minutes ago, Jobby said:

The cult in the video is called the Zolulia Army or something, doesn't fit the monogram. Think it's a safe assumption that it'll be the album title for now.

Hm, but maybe the cult has another name? Just wondering why a cult with a name would wear a jacket with a monogram that doesn't spell their cult's name.

Good song, not a great song, but still miles better than most of what they're released of the last 10/15 years. A nice return to proper heavy riffs, although the verses are crap imo. Just a means to an end really.

I'll approach the album with caution given the last few but this is promising and will be excellent live.

14 minutes ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

I think he'll for sure do the screams on WSD live. Btw I've seen you around here for a while but just now caught the TMV reference in your name. Duh! One of my all time favorite songs by them. Absolute banger.

TMV... The Mars Volta? Lol I'm glad my screen name reminded you of them but I'm afraid that's not the reference I was going for, lol. I've never tried TMV, what should I check out?

1 hour ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

TMV... The Mars Volta? Lol I'm glad my screen name reminded you of them but I'm afraid that's not the reference I was going for, lol. I've never tried TMV, what should I check out?

What the heck lol. Oh the Rush song? But yes The Mars Volta. 

Francis The Mute

Bedlam in Goliath. Two best albums  

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

8 hours ago, Clunge said:

It's basically just a mash up of Undisclosed Desires, Dead Inside and The Handler. No bad thing.

They should call the album Drones 2 just to troll this place.

When I pulled apart the mysterious letters at the bottom of the single art it actually reads “Drones Part 2” 😉😂

It’s also really nice to see some old names back in here! I refused to ever go the reddit or Facebook group route. This single gives me some hope we might get what they tried and failed to do with Drones, except with a producer they enjoy working with and after doing Origin XX they are well and truly out of that Ready Player 1/Tron/Blade Runner phase. 

6 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

What the heck lol. Oh the Rush song? But yes The Mars Volta. 

Francis The Mute

Bedlam in Goliath. Two best albums  

5 hours ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

Thank you for the recs

Nooooooooo! Start with De-Loused In The Comatorium. It's the definitive Mars Volta album and by far the most succinct and spectacular. All their albums have their moments, and I'd definitely recommend giving Frances and Goliath a go, but start with De-Loused. If you don't like De-Loused – TMV at their most focused – you'll find their other albums more difficult. I'd go so far as to say De-Loused is the best full-on prog album of this century so far.

1 hour ago, PlugInYorkie said:

It’s also really nice to see some old names back in here! I refused to ever go the reddit or Facebook group route. This single gives me some hope we might get what they tried and failed to do with Drones, except with a producer they enjoy working with and after doing Origin XX they are well and truly out of that Ready Player 1/Tron/Blade Runner phase. 

Tbh, Drones gives me more consistent enjoyment of any Muse album since Absolution. In album order context, the run through to Aftermath is great (excluding Aftermath which is where the wheels firmly come off. The Globalist is just cack). I still unashamedly love Revolt. But Dead Inside, Reapers and Handler are A++ Muse, and there are fewer moments of A++ Muse on any of their other albums since Absolution. Maybe BH&R for Take A Bow, Map and City of Delusion.

47 minutes ago, Timbo59 said:

The chorus is so catchy.

Also agree with those who said the bridge is very Stephen Carpenter style. 

Overall the lyrics aren’t awful for Matt but I did initially cringe at ‘now die alone’. On further listens I quite enjoy it.

now a nice run of the likes of hysteria - psycho - Uprising - WSD - SS - reapers - Assassin live pls 

editing to add my favourite which I can’t believe I forgot - the handler ❤️

Edited by HannahG123

15 minutes ago, HannahG123 said:

Overall the lyrics aren’t awful for Matt but I did initially cringe at ‘now die alone’. On further listens I quite enjoy it.

now a nice run of the likes of hysteria - psycho - Uprising - WSD - SS - reapers - Assassin live pls 

editing to add my favourite which I can’t believe I forgot - the handler ❤️

It’ll be WSD straight into Madness. 

• Haha 1

What do I feel about WSD? My first thought is that Im usually more excited when the first single of a new album is released. Dont get me wrong - I do like the song. But its something about the sound that is a bit noisy if you get what I mean? And Im not talking about that its heavy, not at all. But I would prefer a "cleaner" sound. 
They had a simular disturbing sound in the verse of the song Revolt from Drones. 
With that said, I believe the song will grow on me. And Im really looking forward to the full album. Let there be no doubt about that. Thoughts anyone? 

Edited by runecarlsen@me.com
Spelling