LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

On the one hand, LOVED the metal parts! Feelings haven't changed on that front since hearing the sneak peak.

On the other, it was a biiiiit repetitive and there wasn't anything new that we didn't already hear in the snippet lol

Biggest question is what does this mean for the rest of the album? Will it be more pop/metal hybrids or is this a red herring like Unsustainable's dubstep was for 2nd Law?

5 minutes ago, Silentgod86 said:

Whoever was wearing the mask has liver spots, so definitely Matt I think.... 😘

From YouTube video: 

so its the 'Kueen' with a matt mask on 

CAST Kueen:  Natalia Zozulia Army: Erchik Vika Yakobchuk Masha Zakharchenko Daria Dmitrienko Eugeniy Gordeev Aleksandr  Grigoryan Tigran Kabys Volodymir Kilimchuk Misha Kobrin Ostap Kozenko Alexandr Kravchenko Dima Kudin Dmitriy  Shpak Denis Vagner Artur Veselov Amiran Veselyi Andrey  Vodzianskii Anatolii Yatsunenko Rostislav Shtanko Dmitrii Kostetskiy Igor  Kokritskaia Liza  Lapko Nastia  Volosova Veronika  Simonov Petr  Povoznikov Andrei   Zagorui Iaroslava   Sitalo Maksim   Isaenko Polina

I've seen people compare this to Neutron Star Collision more than once. I had to see it, so you all should too.

Pretty fun, nothing extra from the previews so we've mostly already splooged our reactions and a little bit awkward transitioning between sections but nothing deal-breaking. Short, but I prefer that to pushing it too long like they have a few times since Drones. Be an absolute thwomper live.

Most importantly - WE'RE BACK LADS

15 minutes ago, HannahG123 said:

From YouTube video: 

so its the 'Kueen' with a matt mask on 

CAST Kueen:  Natalia Zozulia Army: Erchik Vika Yakobchuk Masha Zakharchenko Daria Dmitrienko Eugeniy Gordeev Aleksandr  Grigoryan Tigran Kabys Volodymir Kilimchuk Misha Kobrin Ostap Kozenko Alexandr Kravchenko Dima Kudin Dmitriy  Shpak Denis Vagner Artur Veselov Amiran Veselyi Andrey  Vodzianskii Anatolii Yatsunenko Rostislav Shtanko Dmitrii Kostetskiy Igor  Kokritskaia Liza  Lapko Nastia  Volosova Veronika  Simonov Petr  Povoznikov Andrei   Zagorui Iaroslava   Sitalo Maksim   Isaenko Polina

Ah, interesting. Didn't realize Matt-mask was a lady. 

https://mirandadavidsonstudios.com/resume/natalia-ztd48td/

"Acting age 18-35"
Oh well, sometimes you have to break your own boundaries.

• Haha 1

I feel lukewarm about this. The production is a bit much, too many layers and the volume of the vocal track drops noticeably when we get to the chorus (like the plug in baby remaster job). Might be a victim of too much time in the studio and Matt liking to record track sections individually rather than in one take. Feels like a 2nd Law version of Dead Star. Also I can't get the intro to Take on Me out of my head,

3 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Tbh, it feels long to me and it’s only 3m30s approx. Only bit I think could be longer are the pre-chorus riffs - they could hsve been doubled. But then it’d lose some of the punchiness.

One of the repetitive verses could be cut, and then there could be solo and/or an extended freakout outtro that properly marries the synths with the heavy riff, Rammstein style.

I only listened to it, gonna watch the video later 😏 yeah, I said something else 2 pages back…. Lol, haven‘t said this in a looooong time .. 

I like it, the verses are good, the metal parts are „Oh yesss!“ but the chorus…. for me it doesn‘t fit into the song. Sounds like from another song.. that bass tough 🤩 I would have done a huge outro without placing the chorus in again. Hope it will be massive live! 

need to listen to it more often. The chorus will grow on me and I‘ll sing, jump, shout it out live 🤣 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Tbh, it feels long to me and it’s only 3m30s approx. Only bit I think could be longer are the pre-chorus riffs - they could hsve been doubled. But then it’d lose some of the punchiness.

thought you could just drop back in without so much as a "hi" huh

welcome back, bad bitch

8 minutes ago, Silentgod86 said:

I feel lukewarm about this. The production is a bit much, too many layers and the volume of the vocal track drops noticeably when we get to the chorus (like the plug in baby remaster job). Might be a victim of too much time in the studio and Matt liking to record track sections individually rather than in one take. Feels like a 2nd Law version of Dead Star. Also I can't get the intro to Take on Me out of my head,

I'm also not a fan of the production ngl

The instrumental feels like it goes from being completely brick-walled to waaaay rolled off in the chorus, in favour of Matt's voice. All sounds extreeeemely compressed as well, even by Muse's standards. I'm no audiophile or studio engineer, but that's how it felt to my ears anyway.

Just now, Jobby said:

The instrumental feels like it goes from being completely brick-walled to waaaay rolled off in the chorus, in favour of Matt's voice. All sounds extreeeemely compressed as well, even by Muse's standards. I'm no audiophile or studio engineer, but that's how it felt to my ears anyway.

You don't have to be an audiophile or engineer to hear the jarring differences between sections. I thought I was being nitpicky, but people here and on Reddit are noticing it as well.