LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

4 minutes ago, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

You know, before bed time (it’s 1 AM here) I was thinking about what we can see in the video previews we already have. 

Just to be clearer… What if the cult portrayed in the video and the car with fancy chandelier are an allegory of the rich and exclusive (key word) Californian jet-set he was made part of thanks to fame? And could the Matt mask be a representation of a sort of fake-self he was turned into just to appease the standards of that group, but that now he wants to definitely break? 

Meh. Don’t know. Maybe I’m too bored and too tired to make a sense out of what I’m writing… 🥴

I've always thought Matt was likely happy to get away from that lifestyle and distance himself from it. And I think he has. It's one thing to be super rich and famous but its another to be part of the Hollywood elite going to red carpet events and black tie events.

I always knew something was weird when my gf and her friends suddenly knew who Matt Bellamy was without knowing Muse because of glamour culture and following tabloids.

Anyways...it feels weird speculating about their personal lives.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Laying down a wreath for my homie Sim Theory tonight. Gonna miss ya, loved the pink and goofs, but it’s time to finally move on 💔

In all seriousness, what a feeling to be back on the edge of something new again, and something with such a fresh tone

On 1/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, Citizen_Eraser said:

So what happened to all the board regulars? Did people get banned? 

I know nothings happened for over 2 years but figured this would be the time we’d see the old regulars posting more often.  

Combination of Sim Theory’s tour being the same thing every night and the board going down during that transition period pretty much killed it I think

You might see a few people come back to post when the song and album release. Maybe if another Psycho Tour happens, it could revive things a bit. Doubtful though. Tmk, Facebook, Discord and Reddit are the most populated places now.

8 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Yeah I've just never wanted to be in any of those Muse groups. Too many normies lol.

I'm thinking of like Kueller, Fabri, JonisDead (what was his og account?) Sippe, Hopix, yourself, etc. The days when each live show got followed on here were fun times. But yeah I remember the last tour souring that.

The good old days ❤️

not long to wait now! I don’t see it being too much more than what we have already heard but still excited to hear it all together in good quality. 

Edited by HannahG123

8 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Yeah I've just never wanted to be in any of those Muse groups. Too many normies lol.

I'm thinking of like Kueller, Fabri, JonisDead (what was his og account?) Sippe, Hopix, yourself, etc. The days when each live show got followed on here were fun times. But yeah I remember the last tour souring that.

Yeah, same. They all have their faults. Facebook's not too bad in my (limited) experience, the crowd there is pretty old so they've been around. The format isn't ideal though. Reddit's the most populated I think, so best for keeping up with news nowadays even if discussion isn't exactly what we were used to. I find some of the mods a bit sketch as well, dunno if anyone else here saw the short-lived attempted coup of Musewiki lmao.

What I find hilarious is you don't even see any mods here anymore, in main muse at least. We absolutely had the chance to go wild west and we've all stayed very domesticated :') Little do Muse know their own forum is a desolate wasteland governed by a few surviving old, curmudgeonly retired outlaws

11 minutes ago, HannahG123 said:

The good old days ❤️

naaaah, speak of (one of) the devil(s)

Edited by Jobby

49 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Yeah, same. They all have their faults. Facebook's not too bad in my (limited) experience, the crowd there is pretty old so they've been around. The format isn't ideal though. Reddit's the most populated I think, so best for keeping up with news nowadays even if discussion isn't exactly what we were used to. I find some of the mods a bit sketch as well, dunno if anyone else here saw the short-lived attempted coup of Musewiki lmao.

What I find hilarious is you don't even see any mods here anymore, in main muse at least. We absolutely had the chance to go wild west and we've all stayed very domesticated :') Little do Muse know their own forum is a desolate wasteland governed by a few surviving old, curmudgeonly retired outlaws

naaaah, speak of (one of) the devil(s)

Back in the day where I got a warning for posting a paparazzi photo and mods in our backs constantly.

And good to see a familiar face (name) jobby !

20 minutes ago, HannahG123 said:

Back in the day where I got a warning for posting a paparazzi photo and mods in our backs constantly.

And good to see a familiar face (name) jobby !

❤️

them pesky infractions. I remember seeing the odd person make *that* post that you just sat and waited for the ban to hit, figurative popcorn in hand.

2 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

We could at least all hang out here today and live comment when the song/video launches.

For old times’ sake. 

I mean, I woulda done this on my own regardless. More than happy to shout emotional inanities into the ether.

After 2 years I finally caught Covid on the day Muse start a new album cycle, so not much keeping me occupied anyway 😅

24 minutes ago, Timbo59 said:

oh no! hope your infection isn't too bad :)

Nah, I'm ok, thankya ❤️ super light symptoms

23 minutes ago, Timbo59 said:

the board keeps validating me with random badges

I found out that I'm "rank 3 of 14" on the Muse messageboard when editing my profile today

11 years well spent

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

dunno if anyone else here saw the short-lived attempted coup of Musewiki lmao.

That was pretty wild lol. I frequent Reddit personally but it's not my favorite. I love the band but idk how many times I can stomach the same album ranking charts with all the albums in S tier. Geez, maybe it's the pandemic but I feel like I've become a real bummer on these boards since the ST days. 🤐

43 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

We could at least all hang out here today and live comment when the song/video launches.

I'll be on my way to work when the video drops but I'll be here in spirit!

Sorry for the double post but what's the over/under that we'll get an album announcement with the single? Do we think this will be like Dig Down/Thought Contagion? Or a legit promo single? I'm leaning towards the latter as when DD/TC were released, the band wasn't really hinting at an impending album release whereas this go round they're clearly laying the ground work.

Get well soon, Jobby! 🤗

wb to everybody and I have to say I don‘t miss the Mods at all! They would definately tell us to discuss this in the right topic 🤣

I prefer to listen to a new song before watching the video, but as we already know most of the song I might do it the other way round today. Not sure if I can be online at the exact time when it drops, but pretty sure later on ☺️

1 hour ago, Timbo59 said:

the board keeps validating me with random badges

same, I thought I'd have legend status or something by now but sadly not 

Just now, Claudia O said:

wb to everybody and I have to say I don‘t miss the Mods at all! They would definately tell us to discuss this in the right topic 🤣

I prefer to listen to a new song before watching the video, but as we already know most of the song I might do it the other way round today. Not sure if I can be online at the exact time when it drops, but pretty sure later on ☺️

They absolutely would 

I prefer to do a listen through first and then the video after, and the likelihood is I watch the video once or twice then forget it exists...

39 minutes ago, svenisms said:

Sorry for the double post but what's the over/under that we'll get an album announcement with the single? Do we think this will be like Dig Down/Thought Contagion? Or a legit promo single? I'm leaning towards the latter as when DD/TC were released, the band wasn't really hinting at an impending album release whereas this go round they're clearly laying the ground work.

Traditional album release this time. DD/TC was an experiment with just releasing singles but obvs folded into a regular album afterwards.

Totally possible we could get an album announcement today as well, or maybe tomorrow. It's not often done on the same day as a single iirc but there's no reason this couldn't be different. I'd expect one within the next week or two at the latest.

Look at all the posts flying in here, I can hear the board's servers creaking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jobby said:

Look at all the posts flying in here, I can hear the board's servers creaking

Haha I missed that! When I came here first, right to the Drones-build up, it was amazing! I had to catch up with a lot of pages  when checking in in the morning/evening! I spent hours here …. :dance:

11 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

I once got an infraction for “not reporting spam”, after posting in a topic that had spam in it. Still angry about that. 

Seriously?? 😂 You've been done right in there, I used to joke around in spam threads all the time

Just in case any mods flock back in - you were alright off duty dw 😘 you've well earned a purple heart for your tours on here

Edited by Jobby

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

Nah, I'm ok, thankya ❤️ super light symptoms

I found out that I'm "rank 3 of 14" on the Muse messageboard when editing my profile today

11 years well spent

good to hear! hope it stays that way, I'm sure it will.

And 😂😂

I lost my old profile when the board changed so I'm at rank 2. Though if you're only 3 I guess everyone started at 1 when the new board kicked in?