LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

5 hours ago, Jobby said:

Album is Will Of The People, we’ll presumably get album details either tomorrow or within the next week or so as well.

Hope everyone’s ready for Psycho Tour 2 btw, here it comes

Actually??? I've somehow managed to miss every chance I had to see Muse in the past, and if there's another old fan favorites theater/club tour I'm buying tickets immediately. Would be an unforgettable first Muse concert.

Since this is their catchiest single since SMBH, I wonder if it will get some decent airplay. Maybe even become a hit of sorts. 

I’ve been playing it on a loop (mostly because I can’t add it to a longer playlist yet as it hasn’t been released yet) and it doesn’t get boring or annoying. It has a good buildup, it’s not too long, it’s an ear worm. I’d say it has potential. 

52 minutes ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

Actually??? I've somehow managed to miss every chance I had to see Muse in the past, and if there's another old fan favorites theater/club tour I'm buying tickets immediately. Would be an unforgettable first Muse concert.

53 minutes ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

52 minutes ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it's happening soon! But never mind the venue: get tickets first.

15 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Ok! Somebody change the threads name? 

All I know is, I am excited for some new Muse music. This band has helped me through many troubling times in my life and one of, if not the only band, to help me fall asleep at night, if I cannot sleep. I have anxiety and depression issues. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Ok! Somebody change the threads name? 

New wars in Europe? Have they recorded some of in the last couple of weeks? 

Overall though, I get it. We’ve all lost our bearings and footing in the last couple of years and things seem to spiral even further out of control. Muse and Matt and many others in the west (myself included) have long been kicking against our own faulty empire. And now the empire is crumbling on many different fronts. I shouldn’t blame Matt for writing ambiguous lyrics, they probably reflect his confusion more than anything. And this is definitely a time when it’s ok to be confused. 

Edited by That Little Animal
  • Like 6

I wonder if the leak was planned! I mean, after all, it was leaked out by the actual director of the music video in 4k. I wonder if Muse weren't sure how lyrics and themes might be misinterpreted, or maybe had a debate about issuing a kind of thematic clarification statement (like they just did), and asked the director if he could leak the video for a few hours so the hardcore fans would find it and write about it before giving it a full global debut.  I mean, let's not look past the fact that this very forum is on the official Muse website, provided for us by Muse themselves. I think we'd be foolish to believe they don't pop in and take a peek at what we think from time to time.

• Like 1

After all this waiting, are we going to receive a 10-songs album ?????? And two of them are songs like Compliance and WSD, basically short songs, kinda repetitive and structure-fixed without  proper development (like ST tracks are).

Imho, kinda lazy, i am starting to worry.

PD: Dont like Compliace. To repeat 5 times that poppy chorus made only to be catchy is too much for such a short song. It would have been better with a 3 repetition structure with a larger instrumental part. That drums and bass melodies with a better and more intrincate song structure should've be a classic. A bit of missed oportunity.

Edited by DrMalignoXXX

Is it that lazy though? Most of their early albums have 11 songs. And they wouldn't release longer or less standard structure songs as the two first singles.

Regarding the post about the album's themes, I dig it. It's how most of us feel. And obviously the Ukraine war couldn't have inspired the lyrics but I assume they added it into the post as another example of how unstable the world is right now.

39 minutes ago, Timbo59 said:

Is it that lazy though? Most of their early albums have 11 songs. And they wouldn't release longer or less standard structure songs as the two first singles.

It's probably not lazy, but it's a bit short. Might be totally fine depending on the songs.

Besides, we can't all be Dave Grohl and release 15 albums, 6 documentaries, 3 biographies, 4 novels, 5 feature length movies and 15000 viral videos during the lockdown. 

3 minutes ago, Silentgod86 said:

Considering the last four Muse albums have had 2-3 tracks that were utter dross, I'm not against a 10 song album if it means the crap is cut. At the same time, Muse's output in terms of quantity has been decreasing every album cycle so I will hold my breath.

Every album since BHaR has had 2-4 songs that I ended up really liking and still listen to (including some of my favorites), I expect them to continue that streak. I don’t expect to listen to the album as a whole very often, those days are long gone. 

12 hours ago, AE3522 said:

All I know is, I am excited for some new Muse music. This band has helped me through many troubling times in my life and one of, if not the only band, to help me fall asleep at night, if I cannot sleep. I have anxiety and depression issues. 

I understand you. Muse helps me fall asleep every night since a depression in 2016/2017.

• Like 1

Not only is the song not very good, but above all else I really miss the way Matt used to sing. The way he do some of the verses these days -- Thought Contagion, Won't Stand Down, Compliance -- too me sounds like an old person trying to sound modern. Which is rarely a good idea. It's just not who he is, and what his voice and singing style is suited for.

That's a shame. What's also a shames is the growing feeling that their incredible musical talent as a band is utilised less and less for every album. Where's the finesse?

31 minutes ago, Dysfunco said:

Not only is the song not very good, but above all else I really miss the way Matt used to sing. The way he do some of the verses these days -- Thought Contagion, Won't Stand Down, Compliance -- too me sounds like an old person trying to sound modern. Which is rarely a good idea. It's just not who he is, and what his voice and singing style is suited for.

That's a shame. What's also a shames is the growing feeling that their incredible musical talent as a band is utilised less and less for every album. Where's the finesse?

I totally agree with you; he doesn't use his voice as before and that's a real shame.

Last time I was here was 10 years ago I think, I must say I'm quite excited by the new album and that makes me want to connect with the Muse community again. It's nice to be experiencing the excitement for an upcoming album, I haven't felt this for ages! 

I'm not expecting to hear the old Muse that I completely adored but I'm hoping for some good vibes with this new album; so far I'm liking the new songs 🙂 

• Like 1