Jump to content
Jobby

LP9 (premature) Discussion/Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, knightofcydonia said:

The 20th anniversary of OoS... being back in Teignmouth... I wonder if any of that will rub off on LP9?

Whatever it is, I'll take it!

If it's nothing more than getting them nostalgic, I'll be a happy camper. The reason Drones didn't work as a back to basics album, for me anyways, was that it had the heavy instrumentation but lacked the soul of the earlier albums. I would be interested to hear a modern sounding, poppy album that was creatively linked to their earlier work, if such a thing is even possible. Or I might be way off base. 😘

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Is there a confirmed producer? Insta post mentions one but curious if they're working with Costey again. Would love that.

Is that the one from Dom saying the producer is taking a nap? I think he was joking about his dog

There isn't a confirmed producer yet, but my guesses are it's another self-produced album, or it's Costey (I hope!). They worked with him on the remix so it could make sense to keep the collaboration going even further.

29 minutes ago, svenisms said:

If it's nothing more than getting them nostalgic, I'll be a happy camper. The reason Drones didn't work as a back to basics album, for me anyways, was that it had the heavy instrumentation but lacked the soul of the earlier albums. I would be interested to hear a modern sounding, poppy album that was creatively linked to their earlier work, if such a thing is even possible. Or I might be way off base. 😘

100%! I totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, knightofcydonia said:

The 20th anniversary of OoS... being back in Teignmouth... I wonder if any of that will rub off on LP9?

Whatever it is, I'll take it!

I know it was a lifetime ago now (early 2020 A.D) but Matt’s initial plan going into LP9 was for it to be quite stripped back and influenced by their approach as youths. He specifically mentioned trying to make it as close to Teignmouth as possible too actually.

7 hours ago, Citizen_Eraser said:

Is there a confirmed producer? Insta post mentions one but curious if they're working with Costey again. Would love that.

They’ve worked with Costey on every album since Abso bar TR tbf so it’s safe to assume he’ll be involved to some extent.

Edited by Jobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no studio-pics but: a photo from Dom and Stacey, 📸 by Matt ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Third photo, there‘s Caris and Mabel. so I guess Chris was at the party too 🥳😎 finally all 3 together .again .. I guess uncle Dom was invited as well 🤣🥳

I don‘t like trivia, but only for the cause ..

 

Edited by Claudia O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, Jobby said:

They’ve worked with Costey on every album since Abso bar TR tbf so it’s safe to assume he’ll be involved to some extent.

What's John Leckie up to these days? 😏JK I'm fully on board with Costey; he seems to have really good chemistry with the band, possibly the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Time to crack on with a new album"
Is the implication that they're ABOUT to hit the studio? Or just a sly nod to them already working on it? If it's the former, I reckon we should be anticipating a new album early NEXT year. Which is fine, I'm just going to need to take a long walk and think about things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, svenisms said:

"Time to crack on with a new album"
Is the implication that they're ABOUT to hit the studio? Or just a sly nod to them already working on it? If it's the former, I reckon we should be anticipating a new album early NEXT year. Which is fine, I'm just going to need to take a long walk and think about things.

Yeah, sounds like they’re just getting started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

Yeah, sounds like they’re just getting started. 

*screams into pillow*

Thats fine im goody goody with that 😎😎😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new album before summer festivals in 2022, then a tour...but not quite as lengthy as they have been in the past (e.g. 18 months).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they‘ll release it in autumn, hopefully this year - but I don‘t think so. So autumn 2022...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 3:38 PM, svenisms said:

"Time to crack on with a new album"
Is the implication that they're ABOUT to hit the studio? Or just a sly nod to them already working on it? If it's the former, I reckon we should be anticipating a new album early NEXT year. Which is fine, I'm just going to need to take a long walk and think about things.

I imagine Matt had been writing and probably doing some rough demos in his home studio but I doubt any of them have laid down anything official yet. Sounds like they all wanted to be in the same location. This is a win IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, svenisms said:

I reckon we should be anticipating a new album early NEXT year

You make it sound like this year was even remotely on the cards 😂

I think early - mid 2022 has been the general expectation for ages now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 1:21 AM, Claudia O said:

I think they‘ll release it in autumn, hopefully this year - but I don‘t think so. So autumn 2022...

Why do you say autumn? Not that I'm complaining; listening to the new record with a pumpkin spice in hand sounds delightful!

On 6/13/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jobby said:

You make it sound like this year was even remotely on the cards 😂

 

You may say I'm a dreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Because it‘s a very common time to release an album, right before x-mas 😎 
 

ST - 9 November 

Drones - June (ok….)

T2l - 28 September

Resistance - 14 September

Bhar - 2 July …

Absolution - September

OOS - 17 July 

Showbiz - September 

 

Ok, autumn or spring /summer .. but more often in autumn. When I worked in a record store, most albums from the huge stars were released before christmas, because people would buy them more often  .

Just do a Halloween album @ muse ... 😊

Edited by Claudia O
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring/Summer 2022 is most likely, since it seems like they’re just starting to really kick things off recently.

Since Abso, they’ve averaged around 10-12 months from entering the studio to release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jobby said:

Spring/Summer 2022 is most likely, since it seems like they’re just starting to really kick things off recently.

Since Abso, they’ve averaged around 10-12 months from entering the studio to release.

So we're theoretically looking at a June release at the latest? Hell, that's only a few months away, as far as I'm concerned! We're practically there folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems they are in the chilling phase now, racing through high grass on a meadow in Teighnmouth 😅 like Matt said in an interview,  going back to living there and going back to their roots musically 🤔 Yes, I‘ll stick with my theory, album in autumn 2022 😬 but one or two singles right before the festivals next year, to gather new fans maybe .. as if they‘d need them, but 🤑

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AlanTuringsGhost said:

If they're only starting now, I'd think we won't get the LP until fall 2022. Probably the first single by Christmas.

You think we’ll get the first single nearly a year before the album releases? :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jobby said:

You think we’ll get the first single nearly a year before the album releases? :S

Maybe the Christmas spirit will compel them 🎄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...