Jump to content

LP9 (premature) Discussion/Speculation Thread


Jobby
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...

In years gone by we would have had exciting red herrings or tidbits about the friend of the guy who was friends with the photographer who knows the artist who helped inspire the album art and he said on Twitter that he can’t say anything about the album but he thinks he can say that it doesn’t suck. 
Time to start digging people!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah, ages ago I would have asked the representative of Warner Music if he knows the release date, and if I could get a promo CD plus tickets for the next gig here 😃  I was working in an electronic store, in the music (CD, vinyl, DVDs Blu-ray)  department 🤣

 

but now ... 😕

Edited by Claudia O
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a couple festival dates announced for next summer, it gives me just a little sliver of something to read way too much into. Often, but not always, the festival circuit is sandwiched between or is the precursor to a new tour which presupposes a new album as well. Now this could just be the band dipping their toes into playing live again but ya boi's an optimist and a dreamer...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 9:33 PM, svenisms said:

With a couple festival dates announced for next summer, it gives me just a little sliver of something to read way too much into. Often, but not always, the festival circuit is sandwiched between or is the precursor to a new tour which presupposes a new album as well. Now this could just be the band dipping their toes into playing live again but ya boi's an optimist and a dreamer...

I’m feeling early-mid ‘22 given where it seems like they’re at with LP9 and the dates

Potential for some smaller gigs by the end of this year? 👀 I’m defo feeling some around the start of this next cycle

Edit: also side note, my local record store is gonna have copies of the Matt album eyyyy

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jobby said:

I’m feeling early-mid ‘22 given where it seems like they’re at with LP9 and the dates

I already kinda assumed/hoped this but hearing someone else echo it really puts some coal in my hype train! Every album cycle holds some deep meaning for me and being that this will be my first album as a dad, it will almost inevitably rank highly for me. (Will also be my first tour since 2015 that I wasn't taking classes so we can actually travel if we have to. 😎)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jobby said:

 

Edit: also side note, my local record store is gonna have copies of the Matt album eyyyy

I asked mine about it today ( I picked up my ordered Absolution vinyl 😍 which sounds a lot better than my CD! Some parts are still cringe tough ...) , whilst looking it up he said „It‘s a live album, right?“ errm, no I replied ... he was talking about The Jaded Hearts Club 😅 „This should be really good!“ I replied yes, it is 😁 

but, he‘s not sure if he‘ll get Matts album 😕 if so, he‘d sell it for about 39 Euro, he said. 

Edited by Claudia O
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Claudia O said:

I asked mine about it today ( I picked up my ordered Absolution vinyl 😍 which sounds a lot better than my CD! Some parts are still cringe tough ...) , whilst looking it up he said „It‘s a live album, right?“ errm, no I replied ... he was talking about The Jaded Hearts Club 😅 „This should be really good!“ I replied yes, it is 😁 

but, he‘s not sure if he‘ll get Matts album 😕 if so, he‘d sell it for about 39 Euro, he said. 

If it’s any consolation, I live in a big-ish city in England but there’s only a couple of pretty small record shops and even mine said they’d have “a lot” of copies. So even if you can’t get one first-hand, I imagine there’ll either be plenty left that they might sell on here or second-hand ones you can get hold of easily.

20 hours ago, svenisms said:

I already kinda assumed/hoped this but hearing someone else echo it really puts some coal in my hype train! Every album cycle holds some deep meaning for me and being that this will be my first album as a dad, it will almost inevitably rank highly for me. (Will also be my first tour since 2015 that I wasn't taking classes so we can actually travel if we have to. 😎)

It’s just so strange and hard to judge because they’ve veered off their usual structure for the first time and everything’s so quiet 😩

Hopefully, now that they’re seemingly back in London and once they’re done promoting this Origin thing, their normal hype building will start to pick up again. Wonder if it’d be worth a trip down to Air soon..... 👀

Edited by Jobby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

why does literally everything have to have transferred over to Insta these days, the one social media I refuse to buy into 😑 don’t make me break that muse pls

Studio pics > loading..... 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s just that I hate taking pictures of myself, so any photo-based social media thing is utterly pointless for me 😂 not that I really use my others either but at least pics aren’t *required*
 

I feel like this is proper album time now. Dom and Matt have maybe been working on some demos during remixing Origin, but it’s probably a smidge further along than the other records would be at demo stage. March 2022, mark your calendars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...