Jobby

LP9 (premature) Discussion/Speculation Thread

No I am not patient, but I have to I guess. Can't wait for Muse performing from Mars.

1 hour ago, Spiralia-statica said:

After seeing that I'm waiting for a Matt Bellamy 's instagram live ūüėĀ

https://youtu.be/FGGHPDKlKSw

Yeah, would be great but I think he has other things to do and he is too shy .. but only my thoughts.

If they play a new song tonight, .... :love:

April fool !! 

but I tried it .... 

Edited by Claudia O

On 3/19/2020 at 6:58 PM, hunt_dog_26 said:

0x0y2qYR_PtaoeghLCDgyuTLuiAChx2A9okYFVHZ5YYnCjYr6gWrjj0WVuCsylpMFHHsia4i0SMEXQFUEhs9SQ-5irAfxmxHxydne3d8N660mxQrhfjnfKIa5MgcUCTpgVVOcvxE

1.   Indestructible

2. Alone in darkness

3. Upon a Gaze 

4. Free Fall

5. Escape

6. Judgement

7. The Highway to Nowhere

8. Enter The Light

9. Forgiveness

10. Freedom

If this was supposed to fool me it definitely hasn't done that.

I'd really rather early 2021 than late. I'm graduating next spring and new Muse before I get out of college would be a fantastic way to go out, lol. But also waiting till the end of 2021 feels like forever away. I will say though, ST still feels very new to me. It's not the kind of record you go back and pick out loads of details you didn't hear the first few times, but it is the kind with plenty of songs I'd be happy to put on repeat. The alternate reality version also holds a lot of water and keeps the material interesting....now if they can just combine the successes of the two discs into one on the next record...

Actually now that I think about it, it reminds me of what the Foo Fighter's were doing in the late 00's. In Your Honor was half electric, half acoustic in a gamble to fully explore both sides of the band's sound. It had different songs on either disc but the idea was kind of similar to what Muse did with ST. Release two albums at once which ideally take the band in two different directions. The Foos followed that up with Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace, which I haven't listened to but I'm aware was an effort to then combine the acoustic and electric sides into a more dynamic whole. So that would be a nice idea for the next record maybe. Take the spaceyness and often stripped down quality of the second disc and combine it with the studio sheen and pop concision of the first for a more dynamic whole that meets somewhere in the middle. Not like it would be a new idea for Muse to combine disparate styles, lol.