Which songs would you like to hear at an OOM-gig/tour?

Claudia O

Which songs would you like to hear at a OOM-gig/tour?   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs off Showbiz-B-sides should be on the setlist?

• Recess (alternate version)
    • Jimmy Kane
    • Forced in
    • Agitated
    • Twin
    • Host
    • Do we need this?
    • Con-Science
    • Minimum
    • Ashamed
    • Yes please
    • Recess
    • Nishe

Mad how superior Showbiz’s b-sides are to any other album era. It’s already my 3rd fave album without some of these on it, too much greatness to fit on one record.

Literally all of ‘em would be my answer. Would be such a fun time to see a Showbiz themed gig, we’ve already had an Origin one.

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

Mad how superior Showbiz’s b-sides are to any other album era. It’s already my 3rd fave album without some of these on it, too much greatness to fit on one record.

Literally all of ‘em would be my answer. Would be such a fun time to see a Showbiz themed gig, we’ve already had an Origin one.

I'd say the OoS, Absolution AND BH&R b-sides are better. But the Showbiz ones are certainly...more

5 hours ago, Hat said:

I'd say the OoS, Absolution AND BH&R b-sides are better. But the Showbiz ones are certainly...more

OOS is a fantastic album but has pretty average b-sides tbh. Shine, I love. The Gallery, Bedroom Acoustics, Shrinking Universe and Map Of Your Head are good/decent. CTMEOY maybe? 

But Host, Spiral Static, Twin, Recess, Con-Science, Do We Need This and Forced In are all “how did this not make the album” tier. Coma, Agitated, Nishe, Minimum and Yes Please aren’t a bad second rung either.

Abso and Black Holes have a couple of great ones but obvs very little.

32 minutes ago, Jobby said:

OOS is a fantastic album but has pretty average b-sides tbh. Shine, I love. The Gallery, Bedroom Acoustics, Shrinking Universe and Map Of Your Head are good/decent. CTMEOY maybe? 

But Host, Spiral Static, Twin, Recess, Con-Science, Do We Need This and Forced In are all “how did this not make the album” tier. Coma, Agitated, Nishe, Minimum and Yes Please aren’t a bad second rung either.

Abso and Black Holes have a couple of great ones but obvs very little.

Hey man, you're forgetting HCM and Nature_1, which along with Shrinking Universe are some of Muse's best. I also like The Gallery and Futurism a lot more than most of the Showbiz b-sides

34 minutes ago, Hat said:

Hey man, you're forgetting HCM and Nature_1, which along with Shrinking Universe are some of Muse's best. I also like The Gallery and Futurism a lot more than most of the Showbiz b-sides

HCM and Futurism are fantastic, true, forgot. Nature_1 pretty average though, and that’s still only a really select few you could argue are good enough to make the album, compared to Showbiz’s long list.

The rest aren’t bad for the most part, just definitely ‘b-sides’ if that makes sense.

Ikwym and thought that myself but when I say ‘good enough to make the album’, I sorta mean ‘an’ album, if that makes sense. B-sides have a kinda distinct ‘yeah we’re kinda throwaway/inconsequential’ vibe to me, even if they’re not bad. So while Showbiz isn’t as strong as Origin, I’d still only take the same few of its b-sides on the album ‘cos they’re the only ones that feel like they should be on an album.