I heard Time Is Running Out back in 2003 when it was really new and a big hit. Anyway I heard it on the radio, on this station that is like the lamest radiostation there has ever been and I remember I liked the song really much (still one of my favourites) but kept my mouth shut because I thought that if THIS station plays them, it would be too uncool to listen to them.

Then about a year or two later I was using dc++ (lame, I know :LOL: ) for the first time

and wanted to download something, and I still remembered the name Muse and typed it in. As it happens I didnt just download Tiro then but the whole discography. :D

I was in my kitchen making lunch with the tv on when Hysteria came on. After the first two seconds of pure bass, I forgot all about my intended lunch and sat in the living room staring gobsmacked at the tv. I'd never heard a bass line as incredible as that and instantly got on the computer trying to learn as much about them as absolutely possible. I unfortunately spent the next four years being the only person i knew who had any idea who they were.

I think my first experience of Muse may have been the mimed New Born performance on Live and Kicking, as I watched it very saturday morning without fail at the time, but I can't actually remember it.

Anyway I remember seing SMBH being performed on Jonothan Ross in Summer 2006 and didn't think anything of it tbh. Then in early 2007 a couple of people in my Geography class told me to listen to some of their songs and I listened to Plug in Baby a few times and got it on my iPod, didn't quite like it enough at the time to listen to more though.

Then in May/June '07 my auntie came over and left one of her CDs in out CD player, some rock compilation thing, and I listened to SMBH on it having no idea what it was, having only heard it once a year before, and I was like OOOMFGZZ, and the rest is history.

My friend made me listen to New Born in his car.

At first I was like "wtf is this shit."

Then I listened to some more songs, and now I love them :D

The first song I heard was Knights of Cydonia as I was watching music videos one day on the tele. Here's nearly every thought that ran through my head in that moment.

"...... What the hell is this? *confused* *keeps watching* Wow, she's hot... God this song is freaking weird.... Oooo, they're not bad looking themselves.... This song is still weird. *video goes off*"

Tell how much my mind jumps from one subject to another. :p At first I didn't like it, then a few months later I see the video for Supermassive Black Hole and fell in love with them. *has an obsession with black holes and loved the title* :LOL:

I'm pretty sure i had heard them a while ago but being not that into music and prefering less heavy music I didn't notice. But when I started actually playing Guitar Hero(it took a while to convince myself it was fun) I played that song and was like holy crap that song is really hard and awesome and awesome.... hmm starlight... hmm newborn... hmmm Time is Running out.... few months later- MUSE is the best.

"Hey, I kinda like Starlight!"

I look back at that now...

I used to think that was the best thing Muse created. :facepalm:

SMBH off the Twilight soundtrack. I remember watching the movie and thinking "Oooh, cool song! What is the band called again? Hmmm.. lets go find the album!" So I bought BHAR and heard Assassin.... and so I became hooked. :)

:eek: Twatlight? Oh well.... More Muse fans =good thing!

First song I heard was "Time is running out" I think... My friend showed me a Murtagh (Eragon) video on Youtube :LOL:. I didn't love Muse straight away,even though I loved some of their songs. It was my Muse obsessed friend who made me want to find out more. For like...many months I only listened to Hysteria, Starlight and Time is running out.. I thought the others were weird! lol

Edited by Linn91

I'd never really heard of Muse until I saw Starlight on TMF and became well and truly hooked.:happy: Come to think of it, I'm sure I heard Hysteria somewhere before...:shifty:

And caught the last few seconds of SMBH at a friend's house:happy:

Edited by Tellytots

It was a video on Muscle Museum: I laughed all 4 minutes, my mom tried to cry :)

So, since 1999 I listened Muse...

When I was 12,I looked up Hysteria by Def Leppard for download:Got a wrong(but much better)version.Loved the guy's voice,looked up the lyrics,made the best discovery I've made all my life.

Then I heard SMBH on FIFA,

I was in love.

It was rather odd:

It was Summer Of 2003, and I was watching MTV, I was a big fan of FRANZ FERDINAND: Still Am, and suddenly there were a LOT of "Top 20" Rock songs of the day

It was about 11AM, and I was eating and watching this "Top 20" countdown to watch a Franz Ferdinand Video (Take Me Out) when on NUMBER 20, the song "Time Is Running Out Came Out"

I Loved the Video, basiclaly the way the song was made, I loved TIRO so much.

Then commercials about absolution tour started poping out on MTV (weird eh? in America!)

and I was like "I ought to check this band"

then one day, the VIDEO PREMIERE to Hysteria came by

I ran to my computer, went to muse.mu and heard the earlier OOS (which wasn't released in the USA back then)

and I listened to BLISS

and then

I felt in love

every SINGLE song talked to me, and I related fully:)

I think it was either Feeling Good or Time is Running Out..

My friend made me listen to them because she was obsessed. at first i was like..meh.. and i thought of them as "okay" for a while. then for some reason i just fell in love, and im glad i did haha

The first real song I heard from Muse was Supermassive Black Hole, and I was hooked + I love that red long coat Matt wears in the video. But what really got me was Matt's voice when he sings and that I could listen to him all day and not get bored. There is not many singers which can do that to me. + there is no swearing in the music "Very Important!", in my case anyway.

The first real song I heard from Muse was Supermassive Black Hole, and I was hooked + I love that red long coat Matt wears in the video. But what really got me was Matt's voice when he sings and that I could listen to him all day and not get bored. There is not many singers which can do that to me. + there is no swearing in the music "Very Important!", in my case anyway.

There are a couple of songs with swearing

"Crying Shame" has the lyric "And we Really F***ed It Up"

then the hidden track "You F3@ng Motheer Fuc@$r!!!"

lol

so they do swear in some songs.... very very few...:LOL:

First song that I ever heard was Time is running Out, i was playing it on my dads pc not knowing who it was, i then heard the song and played it non stop for about 3 weeks, then i bought all the albums and listen to Muse everyday, woooooooooooooooo:LOL:

It was "Plug in Baby" back in the day...

I loved it so much I went deaf in one ear after a couple of days of listening!!

i think mine was plug in baby!

the drummer in my band wanted to cover it and i was like "who the fuck are muse!?" :$

then he let me hear it and i jus fell in love with them :happy:

I heard TIRO on tv when I was 13 with my brother, who was 9. We thought it was great and we bought Absolution. I loved Muse ever since, but I wasn't really into music, so only after my friend borrowed me their whole discography two years after I was hooked and couldn't listen to nothing but Muse for other three years!