mine was new born in 2001 (june.. i think)..after was bliss (that i hated..but now is one of my favourite songs..or even my favourite)..feeling good.. hyper music(th one who made me adore muse).. plug in baby.. months later was dead star.. muscle museum.. in your world.. unintended (on a tv program) and for many months later they released stockholm syndrome and bla bla bla bla bla and i`m here listening muse today:D

amen

Was Muscle Museum I think.

I think bought OOS when it came out, no idea why I did at the time, didn't know who they were or had I even had any knowledge of hearing them, I think I just liked the cover :LOL:

Then found Showbiz in a sale and instantly recognised Muscle Museum, still have no idea where I heard it in the first place though.

I'd made a new friend at school, and she went on and ON about this guy called Matt Bellamy. I was like 'Who the fuck IS he?'

She asked our tutor to put Origin of Symmetry on for us. (Only class with a stereo :D ) And he did. My mate skipped New Born, and we listened to Bliss.

I loved it, she bought me the album about a week later, and I have been a fan ever since. Sadly enough, my school diary was COVERED in pictures of Dom, and all that.

If it hadn't been for my friend, AND the fact our tutor room was the music room, then I may never have been a fan...

i think this thread is testimony to how far muse have come..

i first heard a muse song when i was still buying shitty pop compilations...id recently got into Manic Street Preachers after being round a friends house and sitting in his brothers room, his walls were plastered in posters of JDB and the band...and he had written on his walls and chest of drawers in a Red Marker a few lyrics...and i thought wow this guy is really passionate about this band and their music..and by reading a few of the lyrics on his walls i realised that unlike the trashy pop id been listening to for so long, this band had its messages, its opinions and they were using its music to put them across..and so i bought a couple of Manic Street Preachers album..got into them and started to listen to a fair bit of indie...

another friend lent me a indie compilation - cant quite remember what it was and it might have been an NME or Q freebie but Muscle Museum was on it...and the first time i heard it i thought - wow this is something else!

My friends asked me if id like to come to the V festival with them - after they heard i liked that muse track, so on the basis that i enjoyed a single muse song i forked out for a day ticket to the sunday in Weston Park in V2001 just to see Muse...then OoS came out not long before it from what i remember, and so i bought that on the day it was released and loved it...

So yeah, Muscle Museum was my first Muse song, and i dont think ive ever looked back since..because who in their right mind listens to crappy Pop compilations?!

Sunburn was my first...basically since it's the first track on Showbiz. Bought Showbiz in 2000 on a whim because Amazon.com recommended it as a "other listeners who bought this album also bought this album"....yes, yes the similar artist was probably Radiohead.....go figure... Loved Showbiz but kind of lost track of Muse when OOS wasn't released in the States.....fast forward to '03 and Hysteria getting a lot of airplay and I got back into Muse.....seeing them live pretty much catapulted them into one of my favs....

actually i heard TIRO first, but i didn't really get into it. then my friend sent me space dementia, but i didn't really like it also. but as i listened to it more, it started to grow on me more and more. so, yeah, space dementia is the first muse song i like. that's why i use my nick as Lady Dementia :p

the very first for me was plug in baby back when it was released, but i didnt know it was muse, and wasnt really listening, it was on the tv and my sister said it was really good to me and then it started, its all a blur to me now but just remember hearing the intro and going, WOW but i never asked who they were, later in 2002 i heard muscle museum, again i didn't know it was muse, and finnaly in 2003 my friend played me the piano solo from B and H and not the rest of the song, and then lent me his copy of absolution, i listened to it from start to finish and was like WOWOWOWOWOW, and i kept playing thoughts of a dying atheist, cause it was just cool, when i bought there albums i was all too delighted to find that they played plug in baby and muscle museum....

so lol...

plug in baby was the first

Archived