Dead Star at V Fest. 2008

Protonix

I thought it was, but I just can't get the right pitch on these strings... Sounded like harmonics to me... Looks like I'll just have tu pick up my guitar, turn the whammy on and pluck some notes till I found the right tone.

it's just like this isn't it?

G----------------------------------------

D-12*-------12*------12*------12*-

A----------------------------------------

D-------0-0-------0-0------0-0-------

with the those first 3 notes on the higher D string being shifted an octave up by the whammy, and the last one some random whammy stuff..

I actually thought it were harmonics on the A string combined with whammy +1 octave. I do get the same tone + sound when trying, not sure which fret though; haven't played it for a while(and I'm too lazy to grab the guitar atm :p).

The last tone is the same harmonic from the SS riff, but played 12 frets higher(and in combo with whammy).

I'll try that one when I get back to my guitar. And if I may know, how do you do the whammy wankery? :LOL:

:D after playing the harmonic just rock the treadle back and 'mess' with it slightly as your pulling it back, just listen to what matt's playing and try to replicate it with foot experimentation :) basically just play around with the harmonic note and the whammy until u get something that sounds similar

Archived