Next album 😎

Claudia O

Next album 😎  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the next album to be or sound like ?

• Rock
    • Pop/electro
    • A good mix of the above
    • completely different

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2019 at 06:15 PM

Looks like the ST tour will be over soon! I don’t want it to be over already, they may add Ireland or Australia or maybe we‘ll get some festivals next year, who knows? (Fingers crossed for a Origin of Muse - tour of course!!)But the band may be thinking about new songs already.

So how should the next album sound like? 

Comments below please 😁

maybe it should be moved to Songs & releases :fear:

Edited by Claudia O

14 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Looks like the ST tour will be over soon! I don’t want it to be over already, maybe we‘ll get some festivals next year, who knows? But the band may be thinking about new songs already .

So how should the next album sound like? 

Comments below please 😁

Ok, for me it’s def Rock!

Hm 🤨🧐 nobody else wants new music yet?! Too early to think about it 😜

Edited by Claudia O

I think Dom said a little while ago they were already thinking about the next album, doubt we’ll see it ‘til 2021 like (💔).

At this point, I honestly don’t know. Said in another thread that I’d find it refreshing if Matt went back to the writing style/influences he used for Showbiz but that’s just not gonna happen if we’re honest. We had a pretty focused rock album in Drones and pop/electronic experimentation on ST so they’ve sort of covered their main bases well recently. They could do some more orchestral stuff but that’s always been their least interesting element imo.

If there was an area of their sound they could realistically explore more, I’d be interested in them maybe delving into the prog a bit deeper.

Matt said in an interview they seem to have a kinda pattern with the styles of albums ( not exactly his words, can‘t remember!) since Bh& r he said, I think, so there was Rock with Resistance, then kinda more electronic with T2l, then Rock again with Drones, then kinda electro with ST .. so Rock would be next then ( then he giggled ..) so all is open, and it‘s Matt 😜

I still think the most fruitful avenue would be a sustained, album-length crossover of their harder rock, electronic and poppier shades - Bliss, Recess, Shrinking Universe, Hysteria, Endlessly, FAWY, Take A Bow, Starlight, MOTP, Uprising, UD, MK Ultra, Isolated System, Dead Inside, Reapers, Algorithm, Break It To Me and so on. They clearly have an eye for this kind of crossover, where Depeche Mode meets RATM or post-OKC Radiohead meets synthpop. Etc.

2 hours ago, Jobby said:

BITM would be a brill thread to follow

More v strange fusion stuff. Take the ‘unafraid to be ridiculous’ mindset as usual but apply it to the nth degree to some more unconventional song structures and genre combinations.

Yeah, on the album after the next one please, then I am all open for this.  Got to be Rock now plz 😁

17 hours ago, Clunge said:

I still think the most fruitful avenue would be a sustained, album-length crossover of their harder rock, electronic and poppier shades - Bliss, Recess, Shrinking Universe, Hysteria, Endlessly, FAWY, Take A Bow, Starlight, MOTP, Uprising, UD, MK Ultra, Isolated System, Dead Inside, Reapers, Algorithm, Break It To Me and so on. They clearly have an eye for this kind of crossover, where Depeche Mode meets RATM or post-OKC Radiohead meets synthpop. Etc.

This kind of post comes up in every between-era and maybe one day it'll actually happen so we can stop asking.

They always seem so close too, like all the songs mentioned, so it always gives up hope they'll flesh it out to its fullest next album but it always veers off.

Had a feeling it might get developed into a full song for a while now, not sure why. Could just see Matt go from initially messing about with it to something clicking and him increasingly enjoying it, trying to get the band/fans involved etc.

My only thing is it’s a bit Psycho/Uprising but hopefully they’d try and do something different with it if they do flesh it out.

To be honest, I take whatever they do. As long as the band is happy with what they do, I'm in. But if I could chose or decide about the next album, I would go for this:

A mixture between  their stadium rock, heavier rock and experimental rock songs (Supremacy, Survival, Stockholm Syndrome, The Handler, Animals, etc.) and more stripped down or more calm rock songs such as the beautifully written and produced "Save Me". I would also appreciate 1-2 acoustic tracks as well as 1-2 funky rock songs as "Panic Station" is. And a melancholic, electric song in the style of "Isolated System" or "The Void" shouldn't be missing. I would also really appreciate if they would include choirs again in 2-3 songs. I love the choir vocals in "Survival" or the gospel version of "Something Human". 

As you may notice, I'm a fan of their album "The 2nd Law". The 2nd Law arena as well as the stadium tour was my favorite Muse tour so far. Needless to say that this was my favorite Muse era. But tastes are different, I got that.

Edited by Muser_from_Basel
typo (typing error, mistake)