Gigs you discovered or re-discovered recently 😎

Claudia O

I thought if there‘s such a topic for songs, why not for entire gigs?! 

There‘s still a lot for me to discover and today I was searching for a Resistance tour- concert and found this one in Seattle 2010, pro-shot :musesign:

I heard some say that those towers were too high ... I can only say they looked great on telly 😅

The Glitterati was still alive and sounding brilliant! I was surprised to hear Exogenesis 1🥰 I‘d love to hear it live one day ... chances are very low I think. It got followed by Stockholme, but somehow it worked! Then Knights without the harmonica, yes it works as well! 

I really enjoyed this gig, who was there ??!! 😁 there are many filmings of the crowd 🙃

Edited by Claudia O

Ah that’s a sweet idea, there’s so many I could’ve made posts about over the years, especially Black Holes and Origin gigs.

Might try and do one before I set off for Zurich tonight, main one I’ve been thinking about lately is only the last one I went to (Etihad) though so that might be a bit too recent to ‘rediscover’ 😅

I streamed Wembley 2010 again for /r/muse. It's such a fantastic show I haven't seen the footage in years. Even from the now dated DVD quality multi-cam the atmosphere still comes across strong.

And it's a real shame there was never a full concert release of that date because it's a beautiful looking show. The stage may have been impractical for the audience but it did wonders for the camera.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 1:11 PM, Claudia O said:

Thanks ☺️

I thought you went to Rock Werchter yesterday. Festivals do count here !

Have fun in Zürich !

Sorry yeah, with the gigs being so thick and fast I sorta thought of RW as the ‘current’ one and the Etihad as the last.

I’m a bit swept up with this week’s gigs to reminisce properly about some oldies atm, hopefully next week I’ll be able to reflect better. Agree on the TR stadium setup though - was amazing to look at, if a bit impractical in person. Shows were reeeeally solid set and performance-wise as well.

The Mayan gig is, indeed, brilliant. They seem to play so many of the songs just a touch up-tempo, really helps them feel even more live. Dead Inside was SO good live in the early stages of the Drones tour. In fact, I'd say the highest points of the Drones tour were right up there with Muse's very best post-Absolution. Not a single moment of the ST tour has got remotely close to the Drones tour.

8 hours ago, Clunge said:

Not a single moment of the ST tour has got remotely close to the Drones tour.

‘Cos the ST tour has really been one big ‘moment’ done some...30-40 times :chuckle: Tom Morello coming out for BITM was v cool tbf

I warned peeps to appreciate the Drones era to it’s fullest ‘cos there’d almost defo be a comedown after. We’ll get there though, it’s still relatively young and you’d think they’ll wanna loosen up from this crazy rigidity eventually.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, Claudia O said:

Do you mean this?

I need to watch this! Thanks! I‘ve seen parts of gigs with that stage, it looked amazing! 

This was the venue but the one I really looked at was the second night. This video is from the first night. I do not know where to find the 2nd night on YouTube but I've seen it out there (it was takeabow19's edit). They were both fantastic shows but second night had the atmosphere I mentioned.

On 7/4/2019 at 2:46 PM, Clunge said:

The Mayan gig is, indeed, brilliant. They seem to play so many of the songs just a touch up-tempo, really helps them feel even more live. Dead Inside was SO good live in the early stages of the Drones tour. In fact, I'd say the highest points of the Drones tour were right up there with Muse's very best post-Absolution. Not a single moment of the ST tour has got remotely close to the Drones tour.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:07 PM, Jobby said:

‘Cos the ST tour has really been one big ‘moment’ done some...30-40 times :chuckle: Tom Morello coming out for BITM was v cool tbf

I warned peeps to appreciate the Drones era to it’s fullest ‘cos there’d almost defo be a comedown after. We’ll get there though, it’s still relatively young and you’d think they’ll wanna loosen up from this crazy rigidity eventually.

The thing with the tours, and having personally experienced this, is that ST's low points haven't gotten nearly as low as Drones'. With my own personal experience both the best and worst Muse shows I have personally seen were from the Drones tour. I don't know if I want that kind of gamble to be a regular thing.

Edited by kueller