What has been your worst MUSE live experience so far?

22measures

What I'm saying is that, if you weren't at the gigs I attended you can't comment, I made specific remark to the EC gig in 2004 no other ones.

Just because someone's seen them 38 times or 300 times the point is that, its been only since they became a pop band.

I don't care when I saw them, its just that where was Ms 3232 Muse gigs when they were better??

:rolleyes: you mean you were actually born BEFORE 1999?? amazing.

Earls Crt 2004

Not so great, terrible atmosphere. Piss poor crowd, band wagon shites who just got into Muse on the 3rd LP, then again that's about 85% of this entire forum I bet.

Yea but you only saw them when they became a pop act your quantity may beat many but the tours of LP's you've seen them on & the repeated sets don't me shit from shite.

That's an Epic fail, where were you when I saw them in 1999 & you got age on me as well. Oh well another person who exceeds cause of commercial success

I don't care when I saw them, its just that where was Ms 3232 Muse gigs when they were better??

Get off your fucking high horse.

Earls Crt 2004

Not so great, terrible atmosphere. Piss poor crowd, band wagon shites who just got into Muse on the 3rd LP, then again that's about 85% of this entire forum I bet.

Yea but you only saw them when they became a pop act your quantity may beat many but the tours of LP's you've seen them on & the repeated sets don't me shit from shite.

That's an Epic fail, where were you when I saw them in 1999 & you got age on me as well. Oh well another person who exceeds cause of commercial success

What I'm saying is that, if you weren't at the gigs I attended you can't comment, I made specific remark to the EC gig in 2004 no other ones.

Just because someone's seen them 38 times or 300 times the point is that, its been only since they became a pop band.

Wow, I guess you must be a "real" Muse fan. Big fucking whoop. I'd rather be a "band wagon" fan then. :rolleyes:

You seem to be saying that the lady who saw Muse 48 times is a lesser person than you because she 'jumped on the bandwagon' when Muse became popular. That's a very unfair assumption. Perhaps she started liking Muse when she first heard their music, what's wrong with that? She probably hadn't heard their music in 1999, otherwise I'm sure she'd have been at their gigs then too.

You can't blame or condemn her for not having heard of them from the very start of their career! I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would have gone to see Muse from the time of their earliest gigs if they knew they existed at that time.

My worst experience is Marlay Park, not because of the gig which was amazing (Dead Star & Space Dementia !) but because of flight delays

It was a very bad idea to fly to Dublin through London Gatwick, and with Easyjet for the 1st flight (Geneva-London) and Ryanair for the 2nd (London-Dublin)

My Easyjet flight was 4 hours late, I missed the Ryanair flight in Gatwick after an exhausting sprint to the gate where the guy told me that they had just removed the staircase from the plane... I had to go back to the check-in desk and wait for the next flight which was 2 hours late

I arrived in Dublin at around 6pm, my friend was waiting for me for 2 hours (we were to meet in London and take the same Ryanair flight, the one I missed) we took the bus to the hotel to check-in in a hurry then took a taxi to Marlay Park which was further than I had imagined from the centre and there was a lot of traffic

Finally we were in Marlay Park about 10 minutes before Muse started the show !

So Muse have been a shitty pop act for the last few albums, yet you didn't bother registering here until 2008. Ok.

As for my worst Muse gig... probably the most recent one, back in March of this year. I was sick as a dog. If it were just about any other band I probably would've just stayed home.

You seem to be saying that the lady who saw Muse 48 times is a lesser person than you because she 'jumped on the bandwagon' when Muse became popular. That's a very unfair assumption. Perhaps she started liking Muse when she first heard their music, what's wrong with that? She probably hadn't heard their music in 1999, otherwise I'm sure she'd have been at their gigs then too.

You can't blame or condemn her for not having heard of them from the very start of their career! I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would have gone to see Muse from the time of their earliest gigs if they knew they existed at that time.

+1.

I've loved Muse since I discovered their music, which unfortunately wasn't in 1999 much as I wish it was. Only a time machine can change that. Anyone know where I can get one? :LOL:

Nobody cares dude.

Nobody cares dude.

+7635492356912365

My worst Muse experience was not having batteries for my camera. My mom and I were at the barrier and she had to go get some really crappy batteries from the venue, almost got beat up on her way back to the front... I don't even know how she GOT back to the front, she left during SSPU :LOL:

My camera kept turning off every time I tried to take a picture :facepalm:

He's trying to say, he went to a show in 99. So, in effect, he can and will look down on everyone else.

Well, some (although not inc myself) have been on this board longer than him. So in effect, they can tell him to shut the fuck up and can look down on him too. For acting like a dick.

Sheffield 09 actually went down as one of my best muse gigs, the set list wasn't anything special, but the crowd around me were brilliant, everyone was having a good time.

...Bliss? :D

EDIT: Oh wait I'm thinking of the BHaR tour :LOL:

Well, some (although not inc myself) have been on this board longer than him. So in effect, they can tell him to shut the fuck up and can look down on him too. For acting like a dick.

I think we can all look down on him... AND tell him to stfu, and stop being a righteous prick. :)

3. Goffertpark because of the badly designed stageset for the Stadium tour. Only saw Chris and Dom's head from the front barrier location.

Same for me in Bern! Except I was on Matt's side.

I waited all day long to get a great stage view, and when i got to the barrier, i realised i wouldn't be able to see Chris. I wanted to see the whole band, that's why i waited for hours!

V festival 2008- spent the entire day getting completed squished at the front (i know I shouldn't complain as you should kind of expect it if you want to be at the barrier...but i literally couldn't move ALL day)...and people moshing to Alanis Morrisette...really..? :stunned:

By the time muse came on I was already feeling fed up. Within about 10 minutes I'd lost one of my friends in the crowd. The majority of people around me weren't even Muse fans...just drugged up idiots who'd pushed their way to the front and completely ruined the experience for me.

Can't complain much about the setlist (apart from it being pretty similar to the previous week's at Marlay Park) Had some really good songs, including Dead Star which I was really surprised to see them bring out at a festival, but i couldn't enjoy it because I was getting punched and kicked from all angles and have never had so many people crowd surf over my head! Can't understand people in fight pits/crowd surfing-stop ruining gigs for everyone else!

And a recurring problem is girls with big frizzy hair-I really don't enjoy having it in my face! Tie it up for christ sake!!

V Festival in Chelmsford was awful :noey:

I nearly died in the front, but I didn't want to get evacuated, because I thought Muse would kinda make me forget the pain, as usual. But this time, it was too intense.

The nightmare wasn't finished : After the gig, my friends and I had to pay £200 for a cab to get us to Luton airport, because first we got seperated during the gig, 2 of us took the bus back to Chelmsford train station, and me and another friend missed it, so we got stuck in the festival area. When we finally found a cab and got reunited, there were no train anymore to get us to London (when we were planning to take a bus to Luton). The final option was a cab to Luton, otherwise we would have missed our flight.

WORST Muse live experience so far!

2003 was the best year on this board :phu:

November 12th o2 Arena 2010 definitely gets my vote for worst Muse gig I have been to. Sound was dodgy, atmosphere was numb, the performance was limp, really average setlist, Big Pink made me want to strangle somebody, the two "guest" songs were Feeling Good and Unintended, bit of a fail.

Nottingham 2006 is a close second, especially when finding out the London gig I was originally going to go to had the exact same setlist except they got Bliss (my ultimate favourite Muse song at that time)

Earls Crt 2004

Aren't you that dude that briefly met us in London and then sent me a really odd PM ranting about Muse and their fans?

I was at that gig, I had been a fan for a year and I knew every song they played and recognised Crying Shame as a new song. Six years ago that was. I was obviously bandwagon jumping

November 12th o2 Arena 2010 definitely gets my vote for worst Muse gig I have been to. Sound was dodgy, atmosphere was numb, the performance was limp, really average setlist, Big Pink made me want to strangle somebody, the two "guest" songs were Feeling Good and Unintended, bit of a fail.

Nottingham 2006 is a close second, especially when finding out the London gig I was originally going to go to had the exact same setlist except they got Bliss (my ultimate favourite Muse song at that time)

Those two stick out for me. Glasto '10 as well because it was so obviously 'for tv' rather than actually to be a good gig and the 'surprise' was poor compared to the rumours

Yup agree on all of those points. That combo of Nishe + United States of Eurasia (not to blame) + Feeling Good + Unintended + Starlight really sapped what was left out of the crowd. Too slow and dull. Big Pink were terrible, one of those white lights was blaring me in the face between songs and sometimes during them so I couldn't see anyway. Way too over-rehearsed and predictable pour moi.

Archived