22measures

What has been your worst MUSE live experience so far?

Feeling Good at Kaisaniemi Park

lol jk

They played quite a short set there, 1h 40min or something. That was a bit disappointing.

Sheffield 09 I'd say. Didn't feel well for some reason or another. But the set list was completely the same as the rest of the gigs. I suppose I did ruin it for myself by looking every night for the sets.

Teignmouth I expected more songs but it is still amazing. Wembley was amazing, so was Marlay Park, V Fest & o2 (13th).

I saw Muse in Manchester in 2006. Unfortunately I had seating tickets and all the way through the gig there was some chav woman dancing infront of me and totally blocking my view. I would have said something but she was with these two other big chav guys that were smoking weed, about 2 songs from the end they were asked to leave.

Sydney 2007 - They were freaking great, but would the lady that quite clearly had some Ecstasy influence stop bouncing into me and offering me "gum".

Edited by Crowella

Sydney 2007 - They were freaking great, but would the lady that quite clearly had some Ecstasy influence stop bouncing into me and offering me "gum".

:stunned::noey:

Im not sure if its a good idea for me to read through this thread :erm:

1st ever Muse concert in a couple of months time -uber pumped- but now I'm paranoid its gonna be a letdown :(

Sheffield 09 I'd say. Didn't feel well for some reason or another. But the set list was completely the same as the rest of the gigs. I suppose I did ruin it for myself by looking every night for the sets.

Teignmouth I expected more songs but it is still amazing. Wembley was amazing, so was Marlay Park, V Fest & o2 (13th).

Sheffield 09 actually went down as one of my best muse gigs, the set list wasn't anything special, but the crowd around me were brilliant, everyone was having a good time.

1st ever Muse concert in a couple of months time -uber pumped- but now I'm paranoid its gonna be a letdown :(

Try not to focus on other people's past experiences - I've had one or two AWFUL gig experiences in the past (not just at Muse, btw) but never let that put me off. . .in the grand scheme of things, the vast majority of gigs run smoothly and the vast majority of people are absolutely fine :)

Perth 2007 was fairly grotty at one point, although that was due to the barrier collapsing during the support act :LOL: Luckily nobody was hurt, and the gig was still good. Feeling the barrier giving way underneath me really wasn't that fun though!

For every bad concert experience theres 100 good ones. I've been to 5 concerts and one festival now (Including bands other than Muse. Not much but I just started getting into concerts in the past year or so) and I haven't run into any people that ruined it/almost ruined it for me. The only bad experience I had at one was because of my own stupidity.

Sure, you run into people like that sometimes, but its not like it happens often. Sometimes you get unlucky, but don't let that worry you. I'm sure you'll have a great time at your concert. The one I saw back in March still stands as my favorite show I've been to and I've seen some damn good acts.

The worst single moment at a Muse gig was getting elbowed in the face during Plug in Baby. Ironically at my favourite Muse gig :LOL:

Oxegen 2010 but it had nothing to do with the band. It rained all day, I was soaked through, I had turned blue and I was shaking. To be honest, I thought about just going home before Muse came on.:$ Also my friends were being cunts and refused to come and see Muse with me even though I went to see a few shitty rappers with them because I didn't want them to be by themselves but they left me all alone and went to see Black Eyed Peas instead. Thank god Muse made it worth it.

8/4/2006 Electric Factory PA

It's a small venue and I wanted to be close to the stage (I didn't know the ramifications of trying to be close to the stage!). I got stuck in the pit and could barely breathe everyone was pressed so tight to me on every side. I tried to fight my way out and it took 45 minutes to get out (having gotten punched in random places while trying). I finally made it to the back of the room and I was EXHAUSTED from breathing in hot air and fighting through a wall of a crowd. I was miserable but still had enough energy to throw my arms up during Knights of Cydonia.

It was a pretty terrible night..sigh

Edited by Adrienne

Phoenix 2010.

Set in stone that Wembley would be my last Muse gig.

Same for me. They must completely change their live show before I pay them a visit again. Bought tickets for 7 fucking shows this tour and they were still almost the same up till now.

I've had a few things that havent gone quite to plan but I dont think anything was as bad as being stuck in the US for 11 days after being there for 2 weeks already due to the ash cloud in April.

It started off being fun as we ended up going to LA which wasnt planned but after our second flight was cancelled and we realised we would be stuck for a long time and had run out of money, it wasnt so fun. Also, I had uni assignments that were due in during that time which caused me no end of stress trying to get extensions for them and then attempting to finish them while being jetlagged when I eventually got back.

The good thing about it all was I realised that I have amazing friends who's help and support kept us going. And the gigs were fantastic, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :)

8/4/2006 Electric Factory PA

It's a small venue and I wanted to be close to the stage (I didn't know the ramifications of trying to be close to the stage!). I got stuck in the pit and could barely breathe everyone was pressed so tight to me on every side. I tried to fight my way out and it took 45 minutes to get out (having gotten punched in random places while trying). I finally made it to the back of the room and I was EXHAUSTED from breathing in hot air and fighting through a wall of a crowd. I was miserable but still had enough energy to throw my arms up during Knights of Cydonia.

It was a pretty terrible night..sigh

That's the Electric Factory for you. Pretty intense venue most of the time (which is why I wish I made it to that show, but it was a month before I moved to Philly).

On the subject of Philly, Festival Pier '07 kind of sucked. We were only a few rows back from the stage, and I was there with my girlfriend at the time. Muse was her favorite band, but it was first rock show. As soon as KOC kicked in, she wasn't having any of it and was terrified from how intense the crowd was. I ended up moving to the back with her only 3 songs in (and pretty much missed Hysteria and SMBH). Muse were amazing that night and we had an excellent set, but as soon as I was back there I wished I had just sent her back herself. Seeing them perform Bliss and Microcuts that far away kind of pulls you out of it.

The one other bad Muse experience I had was this year at MSG. I was extremely ill waking up that morning, but still went to meet my friends to queue up at 10am for GA. I ended up under dressing a bit for the weather, and by the time they let us in I felt like I could barely stand. The show was good, but I felt like shit the entire time. Right after the show I went home and crashed, woke up at 4am to catch a bus to the Boston show, and slept for the entire trip. I felt great in Boston, and the show and pit were incredible there :p

My worst experience on a Muse gig might have been the first night in Teignmouth: I was standing really close to the stage which was great, but as soon as Muse came on stage, I felt like I was just being crushed (lost, crushed, cold and confused), because people were pushing like mad (and, well, it was my first festival...) and I couldn't even breathe properly. But the worst thing was that the acoustics weren't that good on the barrier, so that I could only hear the people around me singing, I saw Matt sing but didn't hear his voice, which was simply terrible, it made me really sad... During their set I was being pushed to probably the muddiest place on the Den, and thanks to a huge (and sweaty and stinking) giant right in front of me I only saw shoulders for the rest of the gig... But at least the second night in Teignmouth was absolutely perfect!:)

Other bad moment was in Antwerp, where I had a very bad seat in a section where everyone seemed determined not to stand up and to talk with one another instead (:mad:), and above all, my throat started to hurt really bad during the gig and I went home with high fever... But Antwerp was one of the best gigs ever! Muse were so crazy that night!! I would have paid a million if I could have stood right down in the pit...:)

I do think this was meant to be more about the overall gig-going experience *other than Muse' performance/setlist* but hey, should know better than to expect people to a) read the OP and b) think that perhaps enough moaning about Muse gets done on these boards without dragging it into another thread...

Yes exactly, I meant the "overall gig-going experience", I did not mean to invite people to moan about setlists or Muse don't beong "OoS-style" enough in this thread!

By the way, i really enjoy reading all this, and I hope that noone will consider leaving Muse gigs out because of what people write here. As someone said before, every bad moment on the one side has 10 great moments on the other!;)

Same for me. They must completely change their live show before I pay them a visit again. Bought tickets for 7 fucking shows this tour and they were still almost the same up till now.

:LOL: Let me get this straight: you go see Muse seven times on The Resistance Tour and you actually experienced deja vu? :eek:

You know what they say, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." But, erm, fool me ... seven times? :erm:

I've had a few things that havent gone quite to plan but I dont think anything was as bad as being stuck in the US for 11 days after being there for 2 weeks already due to the ash cloud in April.

It started off being fun as we ended up going to LA which wasnt planned but after our second flight was cancelled and we realised we would be stuck for a long time and had run out of money, it wasnt so fun. Also, I had uni assignments that were due in during that time which caused me no end of stress trying to get extensions for them and then attempting to finish them while being jetlagged when I eventually got back.

The good thing about it all was I realised that I have amazing friends who's help and support kept us going. And the gigs were fantastic, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :)

You've been to see Muse 48 times?! :eek: Surely that's some kind of record.

You've been to see Muse 48 times?! :eek: Surely that's some kind of record.

Haha... just seen her profile... Christ on a bike!

Phoenix 2010.

Agreed.

Worst security I have ever come across, some serious douchebags in the queue, Muse were the worst I've ever seen them and to top it off someone got sick in my shoes.

:awesome:

Agreed.

Worst security I have ever come across, some serious douchebags in the queue, Muse were the worst I've ever seen them and to top it off someone got sick in my shoes.

:awesome:

I was raging when I heard about the queue beef, without even having been there!

WHUT, someone was sick in your shoes?! :stunned:

I was raging when I heard about the queue beef, without even having been there!

WHUT, someone was sick in your shoes?! :stunned:

Yup just before Knights, this girl did it to me and Karen. She just wiped her mouth like nothing happened. Naturally I threw her over the barrier with security as quickly as possible!

We changed the lyrics to Knights to 'I have sick in my shoooes, I have sick in my shooooes, I HHAAAVE SICK IIIIN MYYY SHOOOES'. Ironically, I never laughed so much at a Muse gig during Knights in the end.:LOL:

Phoenix 2010.

Yeah, it was really poor...it was my 13th though, so probably shouldn't have been a surprise. The crowd around us on Chris' side of the barrier may as well have been dead the amount of movement they had :mad: Tamest barrier in living history. Most boring gig ever too!

Yeah, it was really poor...it was my 13th though, so probably shouldn't have been a surprise. The crowd around us on Chris' side of the barrier may as well have been dead the amount of movement they had :mad: Tamest barrier in living history. Most boring gig ever too!

I remember the horror stories out of that Phoenix gig. I hopped on a plane after work in NYC and made it to the arena just as We are the Universe started up, so I missed the queuing disaster. I thought the band was OK that night, but the crowd was probably the most boring of any concert I'd ever gone to -- you'd think they were watching a piano recital or something... Fortunately, the Vegas gig the night after redeemed the trip.