• Undisclosed Desires
    • Guiding Light
    • Exogenesis
    • Uprising
    • Who knows who
    • Neutron Star Collision
    • Helsinki Jam

I don't even see how people think Exogenesis is overrated. :wtf:

I never actually see people appreciating it. Just people saying its overrated and its crap ect...

Most of The Resistance is underrated. Including Exogenesis...the entire thing.

Exo-genesis is pretty shit. I wish people would realise this. I'm not saying don't like it, fap over it as much as you want, but it is not a masterpiece, as many make it out to be. It is fucking backwards.

as soon as i saw the hyphen in exogenesis i knew the comment was going to be negative.

anyway ot: fury, but i voted citizen erased.

Exogenesis is just pure kitsch. It also has no structure of a symphony whatsoever. Its just three songs that somehow thematically tie together and have and orchestral background. To be honest the boys didn't really think this through. Sure, the strings arrangement is a great achievement for Matt, but musically it's quite sucky. Plus there are a lot of stolen pieces in it. For example Liebestraume by Franz Lizst can be heard clearly in part 3. Plus the lyrics..really bad.

I think it could have been a good piece if they released it seperately and put more thought into it. The fact, thats it is on a rock album just ruined the whole point of it and forced them to make it sound more kitsch. It was just a bad decision to put it on TR. They (Matt especially) should have waited a while and make a proper symphony piece out of it.

And I also thought Butterflies and Hurricanes are a bit of an overrated song. Plus the solo is by Rachmaninov and Matt doesn't cite him anywhere which kind of pisses me off, because he never does that when he steals pieces from great composers like him or Chopin and Lizst.

The problem is, it's been in the works for years, so it could've turned into Chinese Democracy: muse edition if they kept it back and kept it back, which I think might be why they've not even attempted pt 2 and 3 live

Exogenesis, by a country mile.

Exogenesis is pretty shit. I wish people would realise this. I'm not saying don't like it, fap over it as much as you want, but it is not a masterpiece, as many make it out to be. It is fucking backwards.

It is but it isn't. As a symphony, I'd agree, but I'd say that pt 1 is alright, and part 3 is really nice as well. as a whole, it's not great, as its 3 parts, it's okay, nothing like it's made out to be though. I think it depends on what you expected from them. I expected it to be pretty average and was actually surprised when parts 1 and 3 were actually not all that bad.

I'm not a fan of cheesy lyrics myself.

Rest of Absolution I'm fine with, just the lyrics of B&H actually make me sick.

tbh if you don't like the b&h i don't see why you should like most of the other lyrics on the album.

"come on and change the course of history."

"all of the love we left behind, watching the flashbacks intertwine."

"hopelessly i'll love you endlessly."

"be my slave to the grave."

"sing for absolution, i will be singing."

it's all pretty cheesy, you need to get into the apocalyptic sense of mind, i don't know, maybe i'm the only one who really gets into it.

i'm a bit of fanatic of all the apocalyptic movies and books, lyrically and in the sense of the tracks coming mostly in the right position, it's my favourite muse album.

meh.

The problem is, it's been in the works for years, so it could've turned into Chinese Democracy: muse edition if they kept it back and kept it back, which I think might be why they've not even attempted pt 2 and 3 live

It is but it isn't. As a symphony, I'd agree, but I'd say that pt 1 is alright, and part 3 is really nice as well. as a whole, it's not great, as its 3 parts, it's okay, nothing like it's made out to be though. I think it depends on what you expected from them. I expected it to be pretty average and was actually surprised when parts 1 and 3 were actually not all that bad.

That's what I mean, musically, it is gash. It sounds nice and all, but it's overwhemingly basic. Maybe I should make this more clear when I rant in my posts :LOL:

I was expecting a lot better, tbh. The 'orchestral' elements they had done before were so promising that I expected this to be better, if anything. I mean, B&H, Megalomania, Ruled By Secrecy, even City of Delusion, Blackout or Hoodoo indicate that Matt is very capable at composing cool stuff in the same vein, so I was really dissapointed. I know he's not exactly Ludwig Van, but still.

I didn't see Neutron until I'd already voted for Resistance. Ultra-cheese. Both of them.

Having finally acquired all except Hulabaloo and Origin, I honestly think Absolution was their best album, followed closely by Black Holes. Not crazy about ANY song on the new cd. very disappointing. Makes me wonder should I spend the cash on gas, ticket, and hotel to go in Oct?

Now i don't realy go all over this forum so i'm not entirly sure as to what people rave about these days. But imo Citizens erased is the number one over rated song.

Now i see alot of posts on here saying NSC is just shit, Who knows who is plain shit or time is running out is just shit. Well yeah they may be shit songs to you but from my experience on this board TIRO NSC or WNW are more critisied more than being praised. Maybe from the exception of TIRO but even then that not looked on favourable by most fans as epic gr8ness. where from my expeirience CE is just talked about as their all time greatest song.

Which is just aint.

Then why do you listen to Muse in the first place?

I honestly don't find most of Muse's songs cheesy it's just a few (B&H, NSC, GL) that I personally think are cheesy.

What attracted me to Muse was the dark-emotional songs. I love songs such as Space Dementia, Dead Star and Stockholm Syndrome, for me this is Muse at their best.

I honestly don't find most of Muse's songs cheesy it's just a few (B&H, NSC, GL) that I personally think are cheesy.

What attracted me to Muse was the dark-emotional songs. I love songs such as Space Dementia, Dead Star and Stockholm Syndrome, for me this is Muse at their best.

dead star lyrics aren't cheesy, yeah ok...

Archived