Post your non-muse drawings/artwork.

Niamh

Haha try the blender website :p

Okay

- Delete the cube

- Add > Mesh > UV sphere

- Behold the sphere in the middle of your screen

- Go to the tab that says 'Object mode' select in that list 'sculpt mode'

- Press N this will bring up your sculpting tool set.

- Start grabbing away at the sphere for a little excercise, see what each tool does, especially note the 'draw' tool which can both add and subtract (selectable in the tool set under the 'draw' option) bumps or holes into your sphere.

Not that for the head you start with a low detailed sphere, get some bumps and holes into it that roughly represent a face. When you feel you got the rough outline of the head, go to 'add modifier' select 'Subsurf' and add one subsurf modifier. Blender will make the face more smooth and detailed this way. Now apply the modifier so it dissapears in your modifier list (or your pc will slow down). Now you can continue to sculpt on a smaller more detailed scale. Keep on adding subsurf layers each time you go down to more detail.

Also note that you can work symmetrically by checking the 'x' 'y' or 'z' boxes, try out which side corresponts with the buttons yourself.

Eventually your face becomes too detailed. Now it's time to add the modifier 'decimate', you can add any ratio for the modifier to lower the detail in a efficient way (0.5 stands halving the detail, 0.1 stands lowering it to a tenth of the detail).

You can keep on adding decimates and subsurfs as much as you want, though note that if you overdo it there will be artefacts in your model (you can see little scratches on the lips of my clown).

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-xHPi8UBtDk&feature=related

Ooooo thank you! this makes a lot more sence! :happy:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Samber - Love tom's hair:) And the whole of the picture actually, but particularly his hair. And the little guy is quite cute, in a mildly evil way :D

:happy: Thankyou! I don't think I took the picture of my Tom sketch very well though :erm:

Nice 'hatching. =D

I could never figure cross hatching out... lol.

A little crit though--I think the proportions may be a little off. For instance, the top of the ear should line up with the center of the eye...

thanks! :happy:

ye haha definitely the eyes i think were a tad big which messed everything else up. but i really couldn't place myself to the state of correcting it cause i was too far in :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CommunistOlga

smallerhairy.png

I normally hate using anything digital for design, but hey.

This is a yak, an element of my identity I figured I'd try and experiment with. :)

And ohSHIT I forgot I made it transparent, so it'll look awful on a black background. :LOL:

EDIT. Whoops, huge. Smaller now.

smallerhairy.png

I normally hate using anything digital for design, but hey.

This is a yak, an element of my identity I figured I'd try and experiment with. :)

And ohSHIT I forgot I made it transparent, so it'll look awful on a black background. :LOL:

EDIT. Whoops, huge. Smaller now.

That is awesome! I envy everyone's mad skills.

I will literally find any opportunity to post this

beebee.png

and this from an animation I made

2518179505_7b4daf1b7a_o.png

there's some really nice stuff in this thread! i love looking at other peoples drawings, feels like i'm spying inside all of your minds :eek:

can i share too??

these are my two favourites i guess - the second one i never finished because i got frustrated with it but i think maybe now its quite cool and incomplete looking....maybe....

yourmum2sl5.jpg

yourmum1it3.jpg

there's some really nice stuff in this thread! i love looking at other peoples drawings, feels like i'm spying inside all of your minds :eek:

can i share too??

these are my two favourites i guess - the second one i never finished because i got frustrated with it but i think maybe now its quite cool and incomplete looking....maybe....

yourmum2sl5.jpg

yourmum1it3.jpg

first ones cool and I do think you should finish the other one too :yesey:

Archived